Noom

Noom Employee Reviews

United States30 reviews
Noom is a concept that focuses on weight loss with respect to "behavior change". Great company culture. The mangers are really transparent and care about their employees. It's great to work from home.
Noom is Customer focused
Noom is a fun place to work. The pay is not great and caseloads are high. The preferred way of coaching is not my style and what I think is best for the client. The culture is very Millennial and based on Game of Thrones with Tribes and Guilds.
Exciting and encouraging work environment
Love the culture of this company, always feel inspired and motivated to do good work for our clients. Although remote, I still feel connected with my coworkers through online interactions.
The best company I have ever worked for
The upper management is truly the best, and the culture of the company makes the rapid changes and growth run smoothly. They make sure each and every coach feels appreciated, and they’re constantly working to meet our needs and listen to our feedback. Work life balance is encouraged, and wellness is a big focus on making sure the entire team stays happy. The lower pay rate is the biggest downside, but for the opportunity to work as a part of a big collaborative team, help hundreds of people daily, and stay at home with my dogs, it’s totally worth it.
Noom is a positive place to work
Noom is truly a unique, fun, amazing place to work. The flexibility of the day, the massive amount of training you get, the awesome co-workers - it's all great!
Workplace culture is very casual, but aimed at excellence. Management is accessible and they truly care. It's a big team that's constantly changing and growing.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Poor pay.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Working for Noom is like no other!
Can't say enough great things about this "family" here at Noom. I've been working here for well over a year, and every Monday I look forward to hopping back into my job.

Noom creates a diverse, positive, passionate culture and community even with all of us remote coaches. They truly care about our well-being... they preach about work/life balance. They give us 3 weeks paid vacay, 2 weeks paid sick, 3 months maternal leave, paid personal development days, paid get togethers, full benefits.. the list goes on and on.

Flexibility with hours is a great plus. You have room to start when you want to (within reason) and can take a break in the day to run an errand, go workout, etc. Our caseloads make us busy, yes - but I'll be honest.. it's really not that bad and the stress is quite low despite our caseloads. If you aren't passionate about helping people change their lives, and are simply wanting a "work at home" job... this place isn't the place for you. All of us drink the Noom kool-aid, we are passionate about our jobs and we LOVE what we do. Sticks in the mud need not apply.

Zero micromanaging, annual summer offsite retreats and huge Christmas parties, virtual trivia nights, even monthly yoga/step/workout challenges to keep us active.

Yes, the pay may be lower for some people, but honestly, the flexbility, ability to travel the world and work, and the ability to have a stress-free day is worth it to me. If you were wanting a CAREER job... this is it.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, community events, positivity
Cons
Salary
Horrible company
Dont work here unless you want a lot of case loads on your plate. The pay does not equate the amount of work you have to do. Working remote might be a pro for some people but not for me
Wages is equivalent to minimum wage in some areas.
$15.00/ Hr is a ludicrous wage for a company requiring a Bachelor's Degree. In Washington State where I live that is the same as the minimum wage. This is unfortunate.
Great, supportive environment. Salary a bit on the lower side, the only downfall
I love working for Noom. It's supportive, innovative, and dynamic work environment based remotely for coaches. My only challenge point is the salary being too low for me to support my needs. But there is flexibility with accommodating a decent part time job, so that's a plus.
Productive and super fun work enviroment
working at Noom has been an amazing experience, unlike any other culture I have ever experienced. There is the sense of importance and value as an employee !
Pros
Cons
nothing
Wonderful
This is a fantastic company to work for with a wonderful mission and has a great company culture. Everyone who I have met and worked with at this company has been kind, thoughtful, and hard working.
Pros
Remote working options, flexible hours
A Workplace Culture Like No Other
I love working for Noom. The company is transparent, innovative, and really cares about their employees and their users. It is the most positive workplace experience that I have ever been a part of. I am an 'older' worker with years of experience including 10 years with a Fortune 500 company.

Although I am a remote worker, I feel connected to my team and I know that I can lean on them for anything. The pay is fair. I have no commute. I don't have to pay for vehicle expenses, business attire, or other expenses that come with a traditional job. On Fridays, the executive team gives us company updates and keeps us all aware of the ins & outs of the business. On a daily basis, we are encouraged to practice self-care and work/life balance. They understand what it means to put employees first.

This is a network of people that love what they do and want the best for everyone involved. I have no intentions of ever leaving as I feel like I matter to my manager, my peers, and my company. You can't put a price on that. I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am to work for such amazing people. We are truly a family. We are connected by common goals, drive, positivity, growth and a desire to be the best at what we do. We encourage, uplift and support one another in every facet of our work and I can truthfully say that our company's management & executive team mirrors this supportive and loving atmosphere.
Pros
Autonomy, creativity, work/life balance, the positive & inclusive workplace culture
Love Working Here
When I first accepted the job I worried working remotely would feel lonely, but I do not feel that way at all! Everyone is so supportive and collaborative. It is such a fun environment where I am constantly learning and growing!
Pros
Work from home, Pto, collaborative environment
Noom is a great place to work! Great benefits, fair pay, great workplace environment! I had the best experience at Noom using my skills to help others change their lives!
Over worked and Under paid but don't worry we're in it together
Remote work is very appealing but there's a lack of work life balance in this company even though they pull you into meetings to remind you to take a break. Too many coaches are constantly stressed getting new users every single day. It's cringy to see negative customer reviews everywhere (instagram, facebook, youtube) because as a coach you know it's true but we don't want it to be that way. It's not that coaches don't care about the people they're helping it's just that they physically and mentally cannot with the workload they're provided. There's a large disconnect from the Headquarters employees and remote ones and they just try to bridge this gap is corny ways rather than equal pay. Despite the company telling everyone to be transparent a lot of coaches are scared to be. They're watching you all the time.
Pros
Work from home, somewhat make your own hours.
Cons
Micro management, Poor management, Low Unlivable pay, Lack of paid growth, Useless meetings
Best job ever
This is an awesome company to work for. If you have kids it's perfect. It's very flexible. Lots of support from management. Amazing work life balance. Best job I've ever had!
Pros
Flexible, work from home
Cons
Pay could be a little higher.
Great Startup Company
Great company with fast growth, fun culture, ethical and wonderful place to build resume.
Young staff due less than marketable salary. The good people leave once they can establish themselves with other company's - a wonderful stepping stone.
Pros
Culture, work life balance, transperency
Cons
compensation
Good Company, Good Mission, Change Lives
I love working at Noom because I feel like I am using both my passion for health and coaching to impact people's lives on a grand scale. The company is transparent and it is exciting to see us changing and evolving week to week. My favorite part of working here is that I get to work remotely and help people with a program that I believe in.
Pros
Work From Home!
Cons
Must be self-driven and very organized.
Poor Management
Awful management that is not respectful to non-management employees at all. Way too many employees are stressed out. There is always too much work, they say they understand that, but you are held accountable. Too many mixed signals and blatant hypocrisies. The culture is a facade. Despite the call for radical transparency and feedback, people are punished indirectly for being transparent or giving feedback unless it's positive. Very ironic for a health and wellness company to not consider the well being of their employees.
Collaborative and Flexible Workplace
Great place to work! A lot of flexibility in work style and they have a great amount of trust in their employees. Team was very collaborative and full of bright, funny people. Can be stressful and fast paced with a lot of changes. In the end I started feeling disengaged from mission and work due to how much it changed, but overall would recommend.
Very transparent and supportive place to work
Noom is different, but in a good way! The people behind the scenes really care. It is a relaxed but very professional environment. The pace of work is very fast paced and always changing. If you like to just go through the motions, do not apply!
Pros
Very flexible work life. Appreciation for work/life balance.
Cons
Can be a heavy workload at times