Nor-Cal Products Employee Reviews

Long hours and stressful work enviorment
Inventory Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CASeptember 11, 2018
Mandatory long hours , stressful and hostile work environment with co workers because of the work load and employee turnover Position was located in Yreka so little travel was required.
Pros
job openings
Cons
mandatory long hours
Nor-Cal is a great place to work. Yreka is not a great place to live. The last sentence was subjective.
R&D Intern (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CAJuly 1, 2018
Nor-Cal is a great place to work. The culture is not flashy, but is very practical and everyone does their job. If you are looking for a no frills, hands-on engineering job, this is a great option for you.
Poor Compnay
Manufactoring (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAMay 23, 2018
No room to grow, Terrible Management, HR doesn't truly have employees best interest., Long hours bs pay. turn over rate is unbelievable if you ever need time off you have a ton of hoops to jump
Pros
its a job only when you HAVE to have it
Cons
listed above
Good Job
TIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CADecember 25, 2017
I enjoyed my job at this manufacturing plant. I love to build things and I enjoyed the fast paced demand of the job. The management is good and there was never any lack of work. Being a TIG welder I got to fabricate some pretty intricate assemblies.
Pros
Alot of hours
Most fun and energetic work place!
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CAAugust 27, 2016
Fast paced and fun in doing so! These guys are kings of precision and timing! Everything is taken very seriously and done in unimaginable amounts of time.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Fun and comfortable place to work
Lead Person/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CaJune 1, 2016
I started there as an assembler I, learned so much within the first 6 months. I learned how to become a great leader and developed more knowledge in other fields than just what was expected of me. Leaders there were always in a good mood and willing to help you succeed. The hardest part of the job would have been trying to keep associates busy. The most enjoyable part of my day would be the end of the shift when we knew that everything for that day was completed.
Pros
the likeliness for internal promotion
Productive work place.
Leak Check Technician (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAOctober 20, 2015
It was generally a fast paced work place with may jobs to do. Every job was different so I had to be very versatile. The hardest part of the job was hours. There was lots of over time so I got limited amount of time for myself and family.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Lots of lay offs
Good and Bad
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CAJuly 12, 2015
If you have a decent job, don't come here. There are departments that are good to work in but the manufacturing side of this place is not a good environment, Business was purchased by an investment company and they brought in a manager from one of their other companies......It is pretty obvious he doesn't understand the business and is using the wrong people to gather his info. Maybe he will learn, but the whole shop floor is worried the place is going in the toilet for good.
Pros
Wages for area, benefits.
Cons
Security at this point.
Productive environment
Human Resources/ Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAJune 9, 2014
This company is full of great people and was a pleasure to work for.
Typical Shop
TIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CANovember 20, 2012
Stressful and a lot of overtime but overall it is a good place to work. They could work on their people skills and pay better though.
Excellent company
Business Unit Manager - Vacuum Components (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CaNovember 7, 2012
Nor-Cal Products is the leading domestic supplier of vacuum components, valves, chambers and custom components to the vacuum industry. Their leadership, market position and economic condition is best of breed. If you have an opportunity to work at Nor-Cal Products, it would be an excellent move.

Nor-Cal Products is located in extreme Northern California in a small town environment. Outdoor activities are plentiful, including fishing, white water rafting, hiking, camping boating, skiing and snowboarding. Many people maintain vacation homes in the area due to the vast selection of activities available and the quiet rural nature of the area.
Pros
exceptioanlly competent and aggressive leadership
Cons
extremely volatile markets served
A good place to learn but uncertain for a career
TIG Welder (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CAMay 2, 2012
When I first started at Nor-Cal the work was extremely heavy, I would come in and start checking parts at 5 in the morning and go until 5 or 7 at night, I didn't mind the hours and with overtime I was making good money, it continued when I transferred into the weld shop and I went from days to nights and 6 days a week, I ended up having no life outside of work because the time wasn't there, then I got lucky and moved to days in weld but the work shortly after slowed down and I've barely getting by since then. I've learned a lot as far as welding and reading prints and using various tools around the shop, but no matter how good I get and how good my managers tell me I am I don't believe that there is much room for me to advance. I get along well with most of my co-workers which is nice, many of them will help me with any project I am working on and teach me things along the way. The hardest part of my job is keeping tolerance on parts with many call outs, but that is also one of the most fun parts of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning different tricks to help me do my job better, and being able to pass those ideas onto other people
Pros
lots of welding practice, good friends that work there
Cons
getting a raise was nearly impossible, could not afford benefits package
Easy place to learn new skills.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAApril 16, 2012
I enjoyed NOR-CAL but they let people go every year. The machine were very new and upto date. The rest of the employees were frendly and I enjoyed tribal knowledge that I gained working there.
Pros
good benifitts.
Cons
no job security
transistion
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAApril 2, 2012
OK company to work for. The recession really made things bad.
Supervisors have open hearts and are easy to communicate with.
Shipping Clerk/Document Control Tech. (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CalforniaFebruary 11, 2012
Human Resources take every one serious, and treat their employees respectfully. The supervisors want to do their job to the best of their ability. They do in fact rely on the employees who they are in charge of, to make certain that all work is done accurately and in a timely manner.
Pros
some saturdays the boss will bring in do-nuts, you get paid every other wednesday.
Cons
short breaks, short lunches, strict on clocking in.
Excelent place to work. I loved the culture, and the individuals I worked with.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2012
I enjoyed my job. I enjoyed the feeling of succeeding and helping others to succeed. I enjoyed my boss and coworkers.
Pros
3 week vacations and monetary incentive programs
Cons
economy driven