Norbord Inc. Employee Reviews

good job close to home
Senior Maintenance planner/reliability engineer (Current Employee) –  Lanett, ALJuly 15, 2019
good job close to home and with a good staff . hard work equils a good profit share at the end of the year. very safety oriented and that's important around heavy equip like this
same company i work for now only in alabama
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCJuly 15, 2019
same company i work for now only in Alabama. I worked there 2 years out of my 15 years with the company. I relocated there as the maint. supervisor. I now work in Alabama .
Good company gone bad due to new management
Production Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJune 10, 2019
I use to want to spend the rest of my career here. Not anymore. They demote the experienced, loyal, and honest employees and are creating a culture that I'm not proud of anymore.
Great company to work for with amazing benefits for your family. Work as much as you want and get paid for it
Press Operator level 3 (Current Employee) –  Cordele, GAJune 3, 2019
I have been at norbord for 4 years and I have been treated amazingly. It's like having another family because we see the employees on our shift more than we do our family. I love how safety is our number one priority. Norbord also gives every employee the proper training in their area to learn certain equipment for them to be able to take pay for skills test to receive a pay raise. Has wonderful benefits and 4-1K. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Retirement, Benefits, Profit sharring, pay scale
Cons
Twelve hour shifts, swing shift, nights & days, hard vacation coverage, mandatory working on days off
It is good coming straight out of high school
Pond Operator (Former Employee) –  Solway, MNApril 24, 2019
Norbord is a good company for someone with only a high school diploma. It is very good pay and you can work as many hours as you like. it cuts down on your outside life but at least you have a nice paycheck every two weeks.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
A lot of hours
non productive
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 27, 2019
there is no career path
future depends on board prices
no motivation or drive
manager does not care
fast paced plant but not fast paced training
for a new graduate it could be an excellent place
Great Company
U.S. Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Company offers great compensation and benefits package with great profit sharing. Management is stabile and focuses on what is important. Mostly long service employees
Pros
Cons
Work Life
Not paying enough
Quality Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cordele, GADecember 16, 2018
Forklift driver and wood inspector the hours was ok but the company wouldn't hire me as a full time employee and I really couldn't afford to stay with them needed more money
I love it
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Lanett, ALDecember 9, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits, good pay and compensation, very fast paced, must be a quick learner and able to adapt to working in just about any climate.
Good Company to work for usually.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Guntown, MSSeptember 18, 2018
Be ready to work all the time. Forced overtime, have to come in on days when you are on night shift and work. 90% of the day you clean up saw dust, Its hot. The raises depend on a test you fill out after your supervisor feels you are ready. Depending on what supervisor you have determines if you get your raise or not. there are 4 levels with different responsibilities on each. I was performing 3 levels of responsibility and had my test filled out earlier than most. My Supervisor did not give me my raise. if it wasn't very bias I would not be upset about it.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Could be a great place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Management is a problem. If they would do right by their employees and help figure out the overtime required it would be a great place to work. Pay is good and benefits are great.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Kinards, SCJuly 12, 2018
I can only speak for my area but I found the manager to be condescending to me and my fellow co-worker, as well as, other employees that used the warehouse. I considered it a hostile work environment. inconsistent training and attitude of manager was the reason I left.
Pros
profit sharing check once a year
Cons
management has that good old boy mentality
rotating shift
Crane Operator/ Woodyard Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXMarch 28, 2018
Norbord is an ok place to work. i didnt like the schedule. you rotate from days to nights during the week. 4 nights 3days off, then 3days on. 1 night off back to 3 nights. profit sharing is excellent
Hazardous Conditions
Woodyard Tech II (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 15, 2018
Hard work, you have to be built for it. Management show more favorable treatment towards electricians and millwrights/maintenance. Long hours fast pace, quick on your feet but be safe at the same time. Floor techs are the low man on the tome pole.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
Hazardous
family life
Ground technician in the wood yard (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALFebruary 6, 2018
i liked the job and the work wasn't bad ,but it was switch shift and it was hard to have a wife and eight month baby at home. working nights for three days off a day and go to days for four days. It was very rough on my body.
I enjoyed their
Crain Operator (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCJanuary 18, 2018
It was a good place to work i like working the people nice to work around if toke idea to management they would listen and help you with it.Would tell you it your job figure it out
Good people, but some of the company attitudes and policies are troubling
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXNovember 10, 2017
I had good relations with most people, but Norbord always wants more out of every employee, process, and plant. There is no such thing as meets expectations, because the target and requirements are always moving up.
Pros
Decent benefits, good people, team enviroment
Cons
overly strict, always More with less.
Production Worker
Knife Grinder (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXNovember 7, 2017
Good Atmosphere, Safe work place, cared about workers, good training ethics, salary fair, overtime hours always available, ability to advance, took good care of equipment.
Pros
Good Pay, Ergonomically safe, Overtime, Training
Cons
Layoff
Good team members. Pushed a little too hard.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Joanna, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Physically demanding. Working in all weather conditions. Zero tolerance for mistakes. Competetive wages and good profit sharing
plan. Managers could use people more skills training.
Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 13, 2017
pretty good place to work but a lot of stress and micromanagement

job is not really to hard

hours are long and we work swing shifts

like the profit sharing

decent wages
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
micromanagment