Nordic Consulting Employee Reviews

Very good, as Epic firms go
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Nordic did very well at what consulting firms are supposed to do -- finding projects, offering support with clients when needed, and providing a baseline of professional resources. Beyond that, most of your interaction will be with the client. I never was at Nordic's offices and never met any of my managers in person.
Top Epic Consulting Firm
Sr. Epic Consultant (Current Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 21, 2018
Nordic has a great reputation in the consulting world. They typically let you do your work for your client and only reach out to you as needed. They have meetings every few months to provide updates.
Co-workers really did get along and work together.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2018
Liked working for Nordic. Didn't intend to leave but when they restructured in late 2017, 17 people were let go, including me. Company culture was great.
Pros
Continual learning on site.
Cons
pay
Excellent place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 5, 2018
Excellent place to work!!!!!!
I really enjoyed my time with Nordic, and feel they are one of the better Consulting firms.
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 29, 2018
This is a consulting gig.I really like the culture of the company in a fast-paced environment. It has emerged from much of the turmoil of the past to be one of the strongest companies with significant presence in San Diego.
Some of the key strengths include:
Strong leadership team
Clear commitment to growth and performance
Exceptional products based on innovative science
Great Job Finding Contracts
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2018
Nordic does an excellent job of securing contracts for people when their previous one lapse. Definitely a great name in the industry. Is evolving to be more consultant friendly.
Great work culture and work/life balance
Director (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2017
Nordic is a great place to work, and very family friendly. Excellent compensation (although the health insurance is very expensive). The main limitation is advancement opportunities. There are opportunities in some entry-level positions, but the senior positions are mostly filled and there are new ones only rarely.
Great work/life balance
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 6, 2017
Nordic offers great support for individuals willing to travel Mon-Thurs. Despite Nordic's significant growth, leadership maintains good connection with employees through quarterly all-staff web meetings. Many more opportunities for Epic analysts than for those in advisory services. Nordic believes in contract transparency so employees know how much of the fees they're getting with each assignment.
Expect you to do it all
ADT Consultant - Cedars-Sinai (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CASeptember 6, 2017
They expect you to do everything at 110% at all times. You may have been hired as an analyst, but they expect you to be a project manager as well. If you were hired as a project manager, they expect you to build in addition to project management. They also expect you to put in 60+ hours of work but only bill 40 hours.

My first project was fine. The expectations were in line with the definition of the assignment. The last assignment was a nightmare. There was crying, cursing, and expectations which were not attainable. Those who were on the project for a long time were extremely stressed out. I and another colleague were thrown under the bus.

I don't expect I will ever work for them again. I would be very leery to work with them again and I think they would be leery to hire me again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor organization and no help when timeline is off track.
Company had drastically changed for the worse
Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2017
The best thing about Nordic are the great people who work there. I work with some of the most talented people in the industry. I've been at Nordic for three years and I have learned so much from my teammates. No two days are the same which keeps things dynamic.

The reason for my low score is the leadership at Nordic has dramatically changed. They are no longer a lifestyle company and are very top heavy. In the past, I appreciated the transparency from leadership. I feel leadership has lost focus of what makes Nordic great; being a consultant focused company. The culture took a complete 180 and overall, I feel people are becoming more tense and anxious at work. They also have a huge area of opportunity with communication. They give everyone in my department the same percentage raise even though there are some under producers.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, along with challenging and dynamic work
Cons
Top heavy, lack of focus on consultants, no training for new hires
better reputation than they deserve
Radiology Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 23, 2017
Was led to believe that they worked hard to keep their consultants working. This is only if you are prior epic employee.
If you are experienced without working for epic, they continually under represent your experience.
Great Culture
Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 7, 2017
Good company to work for. Lots of intangible benefits like work schedule flexibility and culture. Fast growing newer company that is starting to learn about plateauing and how to balance profit to expenses.
Great place to work for Epic Consultants
Sr. Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 7, 2017
Salary is very competitive with today's market for consultants, benefits okay, availability of work good. Very knowledgeable about Epic and their clients.
Excellent Consulting Organization
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2017
The transparency of pricing and the support of central office staff make Nordic a great place to work. The culture is one of openness and partnerships and I am very glad that I was referred by a friend to them almost two years ago.
Pros
Openness, quarterly all-hands meetings, support of home office team
Cons
It's consulting - frequent assignment roll offs and onboardingis not for everyone
Nordic - Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 5, 2016
Great Place to work! Consultants are supported effectively by home office staff. The nature of the contract consulting business makes job security an issue, but overall Nordic does an exceptional job finding the best opportunities for the best consultants. Culture and Management is very open, and approachable. Transparent billing, sales, and growth metrics are all published. If you are looking to do HIT consulting, Nordic is a great spot to work.
Pros
Transparent Billing Rates, Compensation
Cons
Contract
Productive, fun and enjoyable work environment with the best employees
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 21, 2016
The people at Nordic is what makes it such a great place to work! Management is always engaging every employee and keeping us informed of company wide decisions. The employees are down to earth and fun, the type of people you call your friends!
Pros
Occasional free food, Compnay sponsored employee events, flexible, ROW (Results Orientated Workplace)
Good consulting firm
Program Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2017
Nordic keeps an eye for their consultants for any opportunities and keeps employees and consultants informed the latest company's news and activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordic Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nordic Consulting.

Powered by Comparably