Nordson Employee Reviews

great place to work
Licensed Tow Motor Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 16, 2018
Great group of people that work there. All employees are willing to help you if you need it. Company outings are the best. Learn something new every day.
Fast past always busy if you can't handle hard work & gossip stay away
molding, assembly operator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTJune 17, 2018
This is a fast passed repetitive job. I liked the work but we work so very hard for the barest pay.
You do not get much for benefits and no advancements .
No bereavement pay or sick time either( unless you have vacation time to put in you will get points for this and possibly lose the job. You are very disposable and the gossip is HIGH
Manager was very nice and co-workers ( most) were very helpful.
It's a good first job to have to learn about hard work.
Pay us only good for someone if there's more than 1 Bill payer at home. Don't count on a raise any time.
Pros
Overtime friendly managment
Cons
Pay, point system, gossip.
Very great workplace, would stay if it was closer to home
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 12, 2018
A normal day would be to clock in at 6 am, stock the shelves then release an order. Begin getting your parts and organizing them in your work station to be able to use them. You’ll begin building. As soon as your finished you’ll test the unit over night and start on another one.
Pros
You get two breaks and people are pretty much laid back
Cons
You get burned and the glue is extremely aggravating to clean up
Software Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 11, 2018
On average a typical day at Nordson is stress free and depending on what department you work in its very little supervision and no micro managing. The part that is scary at times it can be really slow which makes you wonder and then it can be really busy all of a sudden. That is just the nature of the beast.
Pros
Very little micro managing
Cons
advancement is next to none
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 31, 2018
Limited upward mobility, however company is stable and benefits are great. Company closes for Christmas and open after New Year's. You start with 15 PTO days that must be used before the end of the year. You gain 5 more days every five years (max is 35 days). We had team building outings and they provided lunch for the team often.
Pros
Benefits, fair compensation
Cons
Upward mobility
it was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 23, 2018
the most enjoyable part was the people that ii worked with.
learned a lot regarding customer service, SAP and many training courses. it was a good place to work and did not want to leav. there were 14 co-workers that got laid off that day
Great Experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 22, 2018
I had such great experience at Nordson because they taught me so much. I started working with out knowing much, the manager is so nice and helpful. They always insured the worker is okay and confident before putting them in a hard position. Since i was pregnant I had such great support system. If I didn't have no job i will definitely go back to Nordson.
Relaxed environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAMarch 21, 2018
The managers aren’t fair with all associates they have thier picks and chooses of the associates they deal mostly with everybody had a responsibility to do
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Company appreciation
Poor Management
Team member (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAMarch 6, 2018
Had a lot of issues working here for two years. Favoritism is a big issue. The company as a whole was great to work for. Good profit sharing. Management made it hard. Lots of employee functions. High turn over rate.
Racist Leads/Supervisors, extreme favoritism, toxic work environment
First Shift Assembler (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAFebruary 26, 2018
My line lead is racist against white people, has had several reports filled to HR and not a single reprimand has ever been done. The job atmosphere is toxic as other employees will gossip and spread rumors about people they don't like. There is only job advancement opportunities if you happen to be one of the select few who are favorited at the company. Raises are not given fairly and you are not guaranteed to get any percentage raise.
The Nordson management style breeds mediocrity and prevents innovation
Staff Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Exceeding one's performance expectations is not rewarded. Often, the path taken is the one of least resistance and least reward. A large value is placed on employee "happiness" and not business, performance, advancement, etc. Ultimately, management views and treats the workforce as a captive audience like you would find in a small mid-west town with a single primary employer.
Pros
Supplies, equipment, and outside training provided with little resistance. Job security regardless of performance.
Cons
They treat employees like a mid-west company. Job security regardless of performance.
Poor Legacy Business Management
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst OHJanuary 11, 2018
Original core businesses are being allowed to wither on the vine with no investment or plan for growth. New highly profitable purchased business account for all growth and investment. Original core businesses are solid markets, but highly competitive requiring indepth knowledge of businesses and long term management team, Too focused on reporting to wall street for next quarter to have solid long term plan for growth over 5-10 years. New management structure recently hired may fix these issues. Sealant Equipment manager is the only manager of the old regime with the right qualities to be successful over the long term.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Sub par pay, high level of frustration among the worker bees
Productive workplace. People are very kind at Nordson
Lab Technician, administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHNovember 8, 2017
I had the ability to get along with many coworkers and managers. I learned if you give 100% on most days this creates a great relationship with most. The management is very kind. The atmosphere is comfortable and clean. When I was employed at Nordson the benefits were great. The hours were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great people.
Pros
The hours were great, breaks were very reasonable
Cons
I do not not have anything negative to say about Nordson
Nordson internship
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHNovember 3, 2017
The Typical day at Nordson was simple but quick passed. While I was there I made liquid pumps that were used for automotive companies like Ford and Tesla. When I was there I learned how to be better equipped with tools and how to read plans off of an engineer note guide. The management was helpful and more of a teacher than anything else. They taught me important skills when making decisions and what it took to run a business. This includes steps required to keep a happy environment for the workers and push out products on time. The workplace was a happy atmosphere where I was never dreary on coming into work everyday. The hardest part of the job was picking up the work of other workers in order to fully complete an order due. The most enjoyable part was the work experience that I obtained and the relationships with the workers whom I am still in contact with.
Pros
break
Cons
breaks weren't paid
not a good job for young people
Distribution Laborer (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAOctober 11, 2017
job is good for people who stay in the swainsboro area,the top pay is 11.00 and it does not go any higher,but if your looking for employment make this your last place to apply
Challenging work with good training opportunities
Mechanical Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work involved interacting with at least a dozen other people from designers to assembly personnel. The managers were fairly hands-on and available to talk to. Advancement was steady. The division I worked at was closed and I didn't want to relocate, so was offered a separation package.
Pros
Good benefits and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Sometimes long hours and somewhat stressful work
Poor upper level management
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 14, 2017
Nordson is focused on making money at all costs. A typical management policy is to lay off older experienced workers and replace them with young college graduates. Another example of poor upper and middle management is to provide very low raises and promotions to their employees.
Upper and middle management do not provide adequate support to their employees.
Human resources at Nordson is a joke and are aligned with management in their plan to lay off older experienced workers with young low paid college graduates.
Great experience for internship
Product Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 1, 2017
Involved in a lot of day to day work. Learned a good amount of the company. Was able to use knowledge from school to real life applications. The team assisted me in areas where I was not as strong in.
An Electronic Tech's job
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 27, 2017
This job gave me 5 more years worth of electronics experience under my belt since graduating from the university. I enjoyed working there and would recommend that company to anyone.
Above average employer
Global Product Line Manager-May (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 10, 2017
Nordson is overall a great company to work for. Every employer has it pros and cons, Nordson is considered a career company by me and many others. Consider this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight