Nordson Employee Reviews

Great workplace, but they relocated
Welder and Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAOctober 4, 2018
This company relocated to Ohio. This was a great company to work for and the staff was great. I learned every machine while I worked there. Not a stressful place.
its a work place
Head machinist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 2, 2018
A place to work and do your job you are a number there . Not a worker friendly management shop.way to many meetings pointing fingers .never recognize you ability or rewarding you for save them .
Pros
It's a job will be one
Cons
No future without degrees no matter how good you are.
Member of Technical Staff, Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 12, 2018
Nice people, helpful management. Expected to wear many hats as an employee here, as it's a relatively small business unit, however it's owned by Nordson, which is a large global organization. Some career growth limitations within March.
Pros
Nice people, great for gaining experience
Cons
Advancement Oppportunities, lacks sufficient staffing to keep up with demands
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHSeptember 11, 2018
I worked at the Austintown plant as a machinist. I was treated very fairly by the management and my coworkers. Everyone wants to see you succeed at your job. Your success is the company's success. The benefits were middle of the road. There's room to grow with the company. I would have stayed but my future was not in Austintown,OH
Pros
Decent benefits, good people, room for growth, tuition reimbursement, 401k, 40+ hr paychecks.
Cons
No sitting, standing on concrete floors, management changes.
Great place to spend the last years of work
Hone Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work the people were helpful when you didn't know and the y also are friendly when your new feels comfortable and accepting to start working there
Pros
Close like family
Cons
Closed the plant
Productive place to work, some of the production managers are rude.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAAugust 23, 2018
Good place to work just need to do away with some of the team leads and supervisors. Overall nice company they off lots of free things, they very involved in giving back to workers.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly
Cons
Short breaks and every two week pay
One of the best jobs in our area
Welder (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHAugust 9, 2018
I started working for Nordson in 2017. That was probably the best time to get hired on because they were sending employees down to Virginia to learn from the old-timers. Nordson paid for our rental cars, our hotels, gave a us a nice weekly per diem, and paid us a few extra dollars / hour. Day 1 benefits, it was awesome. We learned a lot from the guys down there and took home as much knowledge as we could. Most people work between 40-60 hours a week. Depends on the department. It's definitely a machine shop atmosphere, so working as a welder, I can't tell you many specifics. But as an employee.. I can tell you Nordson is a great place to work. Bosses, co-workers, HR... 98% of the people are awesome.
Pros
Great oppertunity to learn and advance yourself, good pay and benefits, paid lunch and breaks, new air conditioned building
Cons
Crowded, still coming together since the big move
Just a temporary position
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 7, 2018
Since I was only there for a few months working as a temporary worker I can only say that my limited time there was enjoyable and everyone was easy to work with.
Good company and work conditions
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 4, 2018
Standard 40 hr week, 8 hr days

Learned new engineering application

Good management

Professional workplace culture

Hardest part was bringing new CAD application to speed

Good enviroment
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
No cons
Quiet, Relaxed work environment with friendly co-workers
Continuous Improvement Internship (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2018
I worked as an intern at Nordson Corporation and a typical day consisted of me working autonomously doing what I needed to do to accomplish different projects.

I learned a lot about the company in general and how they operate.

The management is great. They do not micromanage you. Once you are assigned a few projects you work at your own pace to accomplish them.

In the workplace its very quiet. Everyone is working and doing what they have to do.
Awesome co- workers, Horrible Management!
Shipping and Receiving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHJuly 26, 2018
My co-workers were amazing to work with. My manager/s weren’t so much. When they he get his way, he would threaten your job. HR no help at all either!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
great place to work
Licensed Tow Motor Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 16, 2018
Great group of people that work there. All employees are willing to help you if you need it. Company outings are the best. Learn something new every day.
Good work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy work with Nordson I was a different experience I used to working in warehouses I learned a lot of difference things along the way I worked with older people’s and I enjoy working with
Fast past always busy if you can't handle hard work & gossip stay away
molding, assembly operator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTJune 17, 2018
This is a fast passed repetitive job. I liked the work but we work so very hard for the barest pay.
You do not get much for benefits and no advancements .
No bereavement pay or sick time either( unless you have vacation time to put in you will get points for this and possibly lose the job. You are very disposable and the gossip is HIGH
Manager was very nice and co-workers ( most) were very helpful.
It's a good first job to have to learn about hard work.
Pay us only good for someone if there's more than 1 Bill payer at home. Don't count on a raise any time.
Pros
Overtime friendly managment
Cons
Pay, point system, gossip.
Very great workplace, would stay if it was closer to home
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAJune 12, 2018
A normal day would be to clock in at 6 am, stock the shelves then release an order. Begin getting your parts and organizing them in your work station to be able to use them. You’ll begin building. As soon as your finished you’ll test the unit over night and start on another one.
Pros
You get two breaks and people are pretty much laid back
Cons
You get burned and the glue is extremely aggravating to clean up
Software Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 11, 2018
On average a typical day at Nordson is stress free and depending on what department you work in its very little supervision and no micro managing. The part that is scary at times it can be really slow which makes you wonder and then it can be really busy all of a sudden. That is just the nature of the beast.
Pros
Very little micro managing
Cons
advancement is next to none
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 31, 2018
Limited upward mobility, however company is stable and benefits are great. Company closes for Christmas and open after New Year's. You start with 15 PTO days that must be used before the end of the year. You gain 5 more days every five years (max is 35 days). We had team building outings and they provided lunch for the team often.
Pros
Benefits, fair compensation
Cons
Upward mobility
it was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 23, 2018
the most enjoyable part was the people that ii worked with.
learned a lot regarding customer service, SAP and many training courses. it was a good place to work and did not want to leav. there were 14 co-workers that got laid off that day
Great Experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJMarch 22, 2018
I had such great experience at Nordson because they taught me so much. I started working with out knowing much, the manager is so nice and helpful. They always insured the worker is okay and confident before putting them in a hard position. Since i was pregnant I had such great support system. If I didn't have no job i will definitely go back to Nordson.
Relaxed environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAMarch 21, 2018
The managers aren’t fair with all associates they have thier picks and chooses of the associates they deal mostly with everybody had a responsibility to do
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Company appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight