Nordstrom Employee Reviews

31.5K
Found 7,955 reviews matching the search See all 8,159 reviews
Overall good company
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 18, 2018
pros: good money, great team members, opportunities to work in other departments

cons: management, scheduling, time consuming. Favoritism is prevalent at my location
fun
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2018
It was laid back, but they were really on the rate. They had cool programs like concerts and talent shows within the company. lots of benefits as well.
Always changing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 17, 2018
The company continues to grow & keep up with the fashion trends. Although providing excellent customer service has always been an important quality that Norfstrom has exceeded in accomplishing, the care and concern the conpany has for its sales associates meeting their daily goals has completely diminished.
Pros
Fashion forward company
Cons
majority of the inventory goes towards online sales
Nordstrom
Store Administrator/Expense and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2018
Nordstrom has a long history of quality customer service. I was surrounded by wonderful people who truly care about their customers. Nordstrom empowers every employee act in the best interest of the customer.
Pros
Advancement and the company's success during this difficult retail envionment
Cons
Too many blackout months where in vacations are not allowed
funplace to work
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at nordstrom, it was a fun place to work for. Got to learn alot of stuff and coworkers were very nice. Management were also nice but not quite organized.
Okay work place
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
I quickly realized that the Mentality is very high school and managers only care about you making your goal.
A lot of animosity between women and some steal clients
Awesome company culture with a competitive feel.
STORE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2018
Clock in and dive right into customer service as you would greet everybody and assist any customer to a shoe(s) and make sure they get the a great experience.
Pros
Look fly, meet lots of people
No longer a good place to work
Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
The company had its roots in customer service this included both internal and external customers. There was a management change in 2015 and many upper and mid-level managers were axed. That's when the culture shifted out of customer service and the IT department's total focus was project delivery and deadlines, at any cost and the internal customer no longer mattered.
Pros
Good pay (but not worth it)
Cons
Poor job culture
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 17, 2018
Amazing Experience. I would never have thought I would learn as much as I did being a sales employee there. The managers were very directive and made me feel like family
Good mission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2018
I feel the commission selling culture encouraged treating customers like money and not people. Often I think managers noticed behavior like this but did not take any action against it. That being said, I did enjoy working there and do feel like the mission of providing excellent customer service is great.
Fun and very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2018
It was a great job! Anyone who is looking for one should apply! Also great pay roll . The people made the job very easier on me! Learning how to do different things was the best part about Nordstrom
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Short brakes
Overall professional environment and fun place to work.
inventory lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2018
Overall professional environment and fun place to work. Provided health insurance benefits if you work over 30+ hours. Great management staff that is always willing to train and listen to you if you have questions or concerns.
Pros
breaks and lunch breaks provided.
Cons
can't think of anything
Nordstom sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working as a sales assocaite with Nordstrom. They provided flexible hours and the management was very helpful during the training process.
Good management not enough money or hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2018
Nordstrom’s was a good company just not for me I didn’t feel as if I was compensated enough for my time...................…...............................
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
OK place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 16, 2018
Ok place to work. s like any other retail job that you have. Stay motivated and you should be ok. Only thing I would say is the pay rate should change a little bit.
It’s a good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 16, 2018
Nordstrom is a great place to work. I would tell anyone about Nordstrom. Nordstrom has some pros n cons just like most places that anyone works at. Most of the time it’s a laid back place to work unless we r on OT.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Nordstrom was a fun place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJuly 16, 2018
Very close knit team, enjoyed the staff and other coworkers. Days were repetitive. Put the truck out, size shoes, size the floor. Not much room for learning or to advance in your career.
Cons
Productive work place with great employees
Rover (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
Everyday there were opportunities to become the best employee you could be at Nordstrom, by participating in enrolling customer's and offering cards to members. What I learned is working everyday give me the ability to obtain more knowledge. The culture of the work place was upbeat and ecstatic. Sometimes the hardest part the job was closing at the night shift so that everything was neat and ready to go for the next day. Some employees would quit in the middle of the day and never come back. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was that I was able to meet and interact with so many different customer's and become my best self to and with the company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short breaks, not enough company lunches
A good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 16, 2018
It was ok yeah good time yeah I didnt mind this is making me write review it was not bad good money for short hours some stuff unfair but it was worth it
Customer Service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 16, 2018
Highly motivated for customer service being its main focus. Trained daily to enhance customer relations, being that there are repeat customers that come back to the store for the same associate that helped them with their previous purchase.
Cons
No breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

48%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss