Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 9,517 reviews matching the search See all 9,800 reviews
Good for a gap year
Service Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
Overall very liberal work environment. Management is typically understanding. However, the company is restructuring and diverting resources from the store locations to web services.
Productive and cared for the customers
Service Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2019
I enjoy working at Nordstrom and being apart of their Service Experience team. It’s nice to be able to talk to customers and make sure that they are having a good experience. I love that customer service is #1 at Nordstrom and that’s where I have learned many of my customer service skills. We are always getting compliments from customers on how professional we are and how well we treat them and that makes me feel good about my job.
Pros
Fair hours
Cons
No set hours, a lot of closing shifts
Flexible hours
Lingerie Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2019
Hours were very flexible, but I would tend to get slack when I asked for a schedule change (was in school while working here). I liked my manager for the most part, but the sales training could've been a little better, and the team I worked with was very divided. Many would be very sharky and take on way too many customers, but wouldn't help with the cleaning and would constantly ask you to check out their customers for them. Others were definitely there just for their hourly and wouldn't try to sell or help clean. Pay was fairly low for what it was, but not the worst since I didn't have many bills at the time. Paid $100 towards my commute every month. 401k options, healthcare options (very expensive health care options that weren't the best plans; I just used SF Care City Option while working there)
Pros
flexible hours, nice management
Cons
low pay, lazy coworkers, dramatic coworkers
Good Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2019
The best thing about working for Nordstrom is the environment that is provided for the employees and the customers. The environment is very safe and provides a spot where everyone can feel welcome.
I did not work as an employee of Nordstrom. I was hired as a carpenter to remodel the Nordstrom stores.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
Nordstrom is a good company, but I only worked as a carpenter building and remodeling the store. I was not a Nordstrom employee. I have no information regarding a typical work day of a Nordstrom employee.
Gained Experience
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
Nordstrom taught me how to become a better manager and the ability to learn great skills for any work environment. I was able to hone in on my customer service skill set as well.
productive and fun workplace
Fashion Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 19, 2019
I have learned so much about trends and great customer service. The meetings occur once a month back on Long Island and we meet to talk about future trends and how to work on the sales floor. Nordstrom is surrounded by their beliefs on how a customer should be treated and it is evident through their sales.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no pay and location
Quick-Paced Retail Opportunity
Communications (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 19, 2019
Working with Nordstrom provided an unparalleled opportunity to experience the Fashion Business Retail Industries first-hand. As the purveyors in customer service, Nordstrom holds all employees to a standard of excellence which truly enhanced my career in communications.
Company needs to refocus
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 18, 2019
Working here almost broke me. I began to feel that nothing mattered except for the sale. Employee's hours were always cut which made for a "shark tank" sales environment.
great and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 18, 2019
This was one of my second employers and I would have to say the experience working here was quite amazing. I wouldn't trade what I learned from this company. It prepared me for my future jobs. I would definitely work for Nordstrom again!
Working at Nordstrom
Retail Sales Associate Commission/Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 18, 2019
The associates here are nice but at times it can get competitive. During the holidays it’s very busy. It’s important to stay on top of your customer because you can lose them very quickly.
poor management
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 18, 2019
Awful management and a very stressful environment. No work life balance if you have a family. Very little vacation and a lot of months are blacked out for use. High pressure now that online sales are taking more than 50% of the business.
Pros
good money
Cons
must work every weekend.
Loss Prevention (Security Ambassador)
Service Ambassador (Loss Prevention) (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 18, 2019
If you want to job with minimal interaction with the customer, then this is the job for you. It pays well enough considering that you're standing at the door for the majority of your shift. There will be instances where you'll need to review video and work on cases, but for the most part you're just a security guard.
Fun work place great expirence
receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2019
Quick pace, learned a lot of tools for retail, fun work place somewhere you constantly moving, great discounts for yourself, great lunch room and environment to work
Limited job advancement but I loved the people I worked with
Sales Associate, Merchandising & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 18, 2019
Pros:
- Friendly work-environment
- Great co-workers
- Good benefits
- Raises after 1,000 hours

Cons:
- Little room for career advancement
- No guaranteed of 30-40 hours a week
- Favoritism noticeable in the work place
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches, Great Work-Life Balance, Benefits, 401k, Pto
Cons
Needs more room for career advancement
Poor Management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMarch 18, 2019
They were very unorganized and told people false information. When I was hired I was told that my position was permanent and not seasonal. A day before the season was going to end, I was told that I was seasonal. When there wasn't enough work they would sometimes have people go home, although they often kept a lot of employees at work having them stand around.
Very nice place to work
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 18, 2019
Very nice place to work, good benefits, but it can be stressful too. Get competive place to work. Hours can sometime be long. Most managers are good , a few bad ones but overall a good place to work.
sale and sale
Cosmetic Retail/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2019
good benefits but sale a lot
learn a lot about customer service
work life balance
the hardest part about jobs is to make your goal
no overtime
holidays paid but then you have to take an extra day off
N/a
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2019
Working with Nordstrom was nice, I started when the St. Louis Galleria location opened and I met a ton of great people. I have seen many changes in the company good and bad. Overall it was a nice experience.
Great place to work with great people!
SALES (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
I worked as a sales associate and was rewarded for having the best attendance. I worked in the special occasions department and loved helping people find something for their special day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K
43.3K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight