Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I learned customer service. What Nordstrom stands for is customer service and how to make the customer happy.

A happy customer will return to Nordstrom.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Great
Counter Manager/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work, competitive, sales driven. Can be stressful and there is an overall focus on numbers with a relatively low commission, but it was fun in college.
Fast pace and competitive and friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2018
Recognized for good work and speaking out with good ideas to improve sales or how we communicate with customers. Very fast pace making the day enjoyable and challenging.
Nordstrom Rack
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2018
Working at a Nordstrom full line store is definitely fun and rewarding if you can handle the pressure of selling and commission if you are a sales associate.

Nordstrom Rack is different. the environment is fast paced and there is lots of multitasking involved. It can be an enlightening experience if you stay for less than a year. After a year, the repetitive daily task become wearing and draining.
Lots of room to advance within the company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTJanuary 17, 2018
You have a series of tasks that need to be done by the end of the day. They treated you like an adult and as long as the task was completed correctly, you were free to work in your own way, without you getting in anyone's way. You can only advance up the ranks within the company, and there are plenty of opportunities given to you. The management was very fair and helped their employees be the best they could be. There was a lot of heavy lifting, which could be quite tiring by the end of the day, but it was still a great place to work
Pros
Great discounts on products, great all around company
Cons
Weren't very flexible with hours
Good work place with Nice employees
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I had an excellent time working there and wish I could have stayed to work my way up in the company. The managers were excellent and flexible. the Employees were calm, collected, and genuine
Great people and company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 17, 2018
Fast paced but very fun to be with fellow co workers. Many things to get done on a morning shift, from putting out new items to getting the floor ready for sales and events.
Pros
Great company
Cons
company changed while I was there
Great people, customer oriented
Retail Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Nordstrom stays true to their widely know model of customer first service. Most of the training consisted of teaching employees how to best treat their customers.
Was a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2018
Nordstrom was a great place to work. The only reason I left the job was I had surgery on my knee and I could not stand on my feet for the hours needed. Loved giving the service to the customers who shipped at this store.
Pros
Teamwork, benifits
The sky is the limit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 17, 2018
If you're really driven and self-motivated, you're able to be whomever you want to be at Nordstrom. The only catch is that you've got to be pretty thick-skinned, as it's a very cut-throat environment. Most everyone is looking out for themselves, their advancement and their commission. The products are phenomenal, the culture is great, you've just really got to "buy in" to it all in order to succeed.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Commission-based salar
Enjoyed my job
Communications (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Nice place to work and co-workers were delightful. Job was not stressful and I really enjoyed it. On occasion, special projects were assigned. They were not difficult. At the holidays, we assembled boxes.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
A good place tto work
Special Occasions Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Nordstrom is a good place to get an idea of a retail establishment.
Workplace culture is very open, the most enjoyable part of the sales floor is helping customers with their fashion needs.
Not a job for the faint of heart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
If you can handle a tough commission based sales environment then you may like this job. When times are tough and sales are few the once team based environment turns overly competitive and sometimes ugly. If you aren't sales driven then you won't survive here. Management was hit or miss which either made the job experience miserable or fulfilling.
Pros
Bonus provided for hard work
That party died quickly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 16, 2018
Very stressful job, underpaid over worked the rainbow is painted at the beginning but you burn out fast when you realize all the task that are associated with one position.
Positive work enviroment
COUNTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 16, 2018
Nordstrom is a great company to work for at any age. They work extremely close with their customers making sure they are delivering the best customer service.

Nordstrom puts customer service first which really is one of the most important factors in this business.The management is very supportive and help you to get the best of you as a sales person.
Pros
Promote from within culture
Cons
Competitive comission enviroment
Good place to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 16, 2018
It was my first retail job and I learned alot, however, I was only there for 2 months due to a new job opportunity. I was put into mens furnishings which i knew nothing about, but the team was nice and helped me learn.
commission sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Commission environment, cut throat sales at times there are more sales people than customers and long time sales people are very possessive of "Their" customers.
Fast paced high level clientele
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Hard to keep up with the big dogs since their clientele level is out the roof. They make it so competitive that they don't even have time for regular customers only appointments.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can't sell out of your own department
It Will Make You or Break You
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 16, 2018
I Recommend this job to college graduates that want to develop customer service skills. I would consider this job to be survival of the fittest because it is commissions based and your returns do count against your sales. You have to build relationships with people from all sorts of backgrounds to be successful at this job. Must be motivated by money.
Ok place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 16, 2018
Need more carts for people who have to pull from other banks don't have to carry heavy totes back to their banks most trainers were willing to help but a few need to remember why their in that piston in the first place
Pros
Smoking spot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.