Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 8,472 reviews matching the search See all 8,702 reviews
Busy but fun
At Home Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 21, 2018
It was your typical customer service job. I worked with 2 days off but not consecutive. Management was fair. My coworkers were from different states and we were in a chat room while working together.
productive place to work
Assistant Cosmetics Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 21, 2018
I got to meet new amazing customers daily. I got stock in that I organized and put away. I checked my daily sales to know what to d for the day. I provided amazing customer service and product knowledge/
Productive and fun workspace with an exceptional managment system and leaders to help you further your career.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 21, 2018
It was on of the greatest experiences I've had. In the short time that worked there I learned so much about time management, product and market knowledge, as well as, self belief, hard work, and disciplined dedication.
best work commission place
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 21, 2018
Job posting said it was a stylist and what it really was just me taking clothes back to the floor and clearing out dressing rooms. Hunting customer, seeking out commission and meet the monthly goal.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for a great company that is all about the customers and there employees. They are very open with each other and are a flexible company to work for.
Fun place to work!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Nordstrom was and is one of the BEST places to start a career. Loved the direction of the business and the team I worked with. I think the exposure to such incredible brands and items are well worth it.
Learning Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Nordstrom is truly a place where one can learn and experience the varying aspects to Retail.
The culture is as such that, coworkers help to either enhance or detract from the atmosphere. This is the kind of work environment that changes everyday in tune with the type of client traffic. It is a great place to learn, about human dynamics, a bit of sociology and how to generate a business. The only drawback existed when a bad manager or leader was set in place,
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad leadership
Great place
SALESPERSON (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work at , the environment is fun and perky, what I love most is the triangle is upside down meaning the people / consumers are before employees and employees are before employers and employers are before CEO. Working there taught me so much to be myself
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 20, 2018
The Nordstrom I know was a fantastic place to work. Lots of friendly people and good positive energy. The commission and benefits make it well worth your time spent as an employee.
Pros
positive enviornment
Cons
non set schedule
Ok job
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 19, 2018
I wouldn’t wanna work there again because of management is very bad if the company was ran different it would be a very better place to work and only getting paid twice a month was trouble
fast paced growing company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 19, 2018
Must have ability to multi-task since you may be working on the phone, by email or live chat, at any part of your typical day. While the scheduled hours are flexible, you are ranked based on your monthly stats. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work from home, on a part-time or full-time basis.
Fun and productive work environment!
Women's Trend Division Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2018
I don't have any cons about working at Nordstrom. It has a very streamlined approach to do your job and that is to "always use your best judgement". They trust their employees and there is a work life balance despite it being retail.
Fun place to work if you love customer service
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day depended on your shift would be morning or night. More fun/busy on weekends since weekdays can be a little slow. You would assist customers with needs as well as complete duties/tasks that the department manager needed help with.

Management really depends on the person and who you can/cannot relate to. I have had some managers that I loved and taught me a lot, and some that were the opposite.
Culture is really important to Nordstrom, and they are obsessed with customer service. The hardest part (and I mean mentally and physically) was the late nights that would involve floor moves. The most enjoyable to me was working with amazing customers and giving them the best experience, plus selling can be really fun and competitive.
Pros
1 hour lunch break; fun environment; full time hours
Cons
working late nights/weekends; no holidays off
nordstrom
Freelance Makeup Artist / Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2018
up lift encourage and keep trying is what my basic over all job experience was like at nordstrom . i was challenged as well as supported in my growth and development in beauty with nordstrom i won't ever forget it .
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
market crashed loss of customers
Excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 19, 2018
15 years with Nordstrom, wish I had never left the company, they take care of their employees and have good benefits and overall a good culture. The hardest part of the jobs good be the time spent at the store during the peak seasons.
Productive, great for creating client relationships
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Very fun place to work, always fashion trend forward
Alot of coaching and team work. Shared Dale's, flexibility on the floor, able to continue sales with customers through out thr store
Not what I signed up for
Styling Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Job posting said it was an administrative assistant job and what it really was was just me taking clothes back to the floor and clearing out dressing rooms. Thought I would be doing admin work.
Downsizing
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 18, 2018
Since i started 5 years ago there have been significant adjustments to management structure. Managers have 4x the work load since when i started. You can make good money since you're commissioned, but if you have a bad store manager or team, you'll be miserable. HR is poor.
Great to work with customers
Cosmetics Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
Enjoyed working with new customers and repeat customers which is really why I wanted to work with Nordstrom.... love interacting with people. It was fun to build new relationships.
Really liked working with coworkers ... Learned most everything from them. Nordstrom training could have better prepared for running a business since they expect employees to mainly get their earnings from commission.
I thought management wasn't so fair.... In a company this big I thought it would be more organized. There was also favoritism which wasn't expected. Managers weren't really trained well especially from the human resources part of the job.
The company doesn't really utilize hires for their past experience.
Scheduling was fair for the business side but not so fair for work life balance. Culture set in the store was managing through fear.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
managers not upholding standards they expect employees to uphold.
Best Retail store to work for.
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great way to get some retail experience. They do promote within. Management can be a hit or miss. The atmosphere is awesome. You will learn how to develop yourself if you want to make this a career choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K
42.9K
31.6K

See reviews about

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nordstrom.

Powered by Comparably