Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Found 9,155 reviews matching the search See all 9,407 reviews
Terrible training and supervisor
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 16, 2019
I will say that the trainer was new and inexperienced, the supervisor was 6 months in and never worked for a call center and was looking for people to let go in training by abusing the position of authority. I would not recommend working for this company whatever you do think twice and weigh out your pros and cons there I am not writing to steer anyone wrong. there are way better jobs out there.The parking is also terrible , the location is isolated in that back we're it's in a residential area. RECOMMEND TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Your choice and good luck.
Pros
Pay, benefit, store discount
Cons
Parking, supervisor, training
Fast Pace, Good place to work
Merchandise and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 16, 2019
Very much standard oriented. Sometimes wont stray from standard to see the bigger picture. Promote from within mentality, Must work hard to get somewhere far. Need to Network, highly recommended.
Pros
pay. Nordstrom Culture
Cons
more responsibility = much less work life balance.
Great seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 16, 2019
The training was wonderful. Its a whole week of training in the morning. You meet the store manager, HR manager, and other managers in each department. They show you around the store so you know where to direct customers if they are looking for a specific place to go. Everyone is extremely helpful. this is a company that will help you grow in your career path.
Pros
discounts
Creative and Inspiring Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Nordstrom. The company hires so many different types of people with such a range of styles. I loved coming to work and seeing what everyone was wearing. I also love the business structure there. Even working as a sales associate I felt my opinion mattered. From regular customers to first time shoppers everyone is happy to be shopping there while receiving unparalleled customer service.
It’s a typical distribution atmosphere
Picker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 16, 2019
I really didn’t get much training. The first week I felt overwhelmed. I don’t have any problems with Nordstrom except I am not getting many hours while it is slow.
Cons
No lunch only breaks
I enjoyed working at Nordstrom
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Although I only worked here under a seasonal contract, I really enjoyed the time spent working under this company. You get to work alongside with awesome coworkers, use mobile devices to speed up transactions, and obtain perks such as employee discounts! That's never a con in my book!
Pros
employee discounts, easy job, get to move around often, style mannequins
Cons
Hours given varies. Sometimes they call you in during holidays to work overtime.
Unexpected Growth Opportunity
MEN'S DESIGNER SPORTSWEAR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to work. Nordstrom is a phenomenal company and is excellent for people who are mobile and willing to relocate to advance their career. They truly have a promote from within culture and is the basis for all they do. People matter here. You must get use to people coming and going but it also affords the opportunity to work with new people all the time. Has a long standing employee retention rate.
Pros
People, Culture, Learning Opportunities
Cons
Little flexibilty, limited opportunity for growth if you are not mobile
Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Nordstrom was a great experience but will only go back if i'm in dire need.. the pay isn't consistent return can kill your entire check and Nordstom is very flexible when it comes to returns and depending on what Nordstom location you work at you might not make as much as a flagship nordstrom... i would say work at the best nordstom in the city, work in another department ex: visual or HR, or go work at nordstom rack the pay isn't all based off of commission
Nordstrom/Hautelook
Fulfillment Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Departments vary with decent management. Work is simple. Can be boring at times. Over all simple and easy money. Pay is decent when you tap out. Benefits are decent as well. They give 10k free life Insurance, which is nice.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay can be better
it was a nice place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I only worked there a short time and I was very young. I think there is room for advancement but it wasn't the job/career I was looking for. I had fun learned how to help customers find outfits for certain occasions and things like that.
Nice place to work, not a livable wage.
SALESPERSON (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 15, 2019
Nordstroms is a great company and I love the care and attention they give to their employees and customers, however their return policy hurts the commission sales a lot and at barely minimum wage its not a livable salary for someone living on their own.
Pros
Great environment, nice people
Cons
low pay
lots of job opportunity
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2019
Great fast paced environment but no room to grow in my department.Pay could be a lot better and the employee appreciation overall could be a lot better.
Pros
benefits, and employee purchase perks
Cons
pay
Working at Nordstrom was always amazing you never get bored.
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 14, 2019
The best part about this job was that it was always joyful. Because you get to walk while doing work and communicate with others. Their was never a time that this work was bored it was always good. a good feeling.
Pros
15 minutes Break, Free Snacks and food Health Benefits
Cons
Fill a sheet of paper, Use computer
Friendly
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2019
The beauty floor sales rep position is a continuous fast paced job where you are constantly multi tasking. It is fun and you meet a lot of clients on a daily basis but if your not a people person or are not good with time management it may be difficult as your in a high traffic area with many responsibilities.
The Management are helpful and for the most part friendly and answer your questions in a timely manner.
Pros
Discounts on store merchandise and meals
Cons
Parking during holidays
Hard to be full-time and like the younger workers.
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2019
Never considered all my vast experience in retail. After four years of working for the Rack I am ready to leave. I have gotten enough hours for healthcare, and very hard to move up. It is a young person's work environment and they are encouraged to move up. This company can well afford to make majority of their employees full-time but that doesn't happen to much money is going toward corporate salaries. Workplace culture depends on who your boss is. For about 3 years had a manager that played favorites and people complained but nothing was done. Almost everyone was glad to see her go.I was forced to change departments against my will and was told to do so or I wouldn't get any hours. The manager and others in leadership roles act like they care but goes in one ear and out the other. The area I live in has gotten expensive to live but no raise to compensate for the rise in cost in this area. If you are older you are better off at a full line store than at a Rack. If you have a spouse or roommates you may be able to support yourself. This company could well set the bar high for other retailers to follow but they fall short.

They do have a better starting wage compared to others but it doesn't matter if you need to have over 30+ hours a week. There have been times I have not worked for 22 days. Seniority means nothing, even if you are fully available to work, and new hires get more hours.

Discount is pretty good and Christmas discount is very nice.

Should have profit sharing fi you are not going to work people full-time and do this quarterly. Take care of your employees
  more... they will take care of you.  less
Pros
Good starting wage for retail
Cons
advancement, ageism, not full time
Job
Styling Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Amazing Place to Work. The atmosphere is great and everyone is very friendly. The work environment is one of the best. They listen to their employees and take feedback into consideration.
Love this retail job
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 14, 2019
a typical work day was always busy. Customers was always ready for assistance. I learned that cleaning up closer to the end of they day will help when its time to close. The hardest part was trying to do other peoples jobs who was slacking.
Lingerie Specialist
Lingerie Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Working with Nordstrom was and has been my favorite position thus far. Reason being everyone is always happy there. We did great morning rallies which allowed us to show off our outfits, promote the new trend and get employees to buy what we were selling. You were able to purchase things from your friends which kept everyone happy and you had a sales competitive environment that you and your co worker could have fun outselling each other. It was very fun and hard work. I usually wore heels and ended up changing after the third or forth hour but I figured I looked cute on camera so the pain didn't bother me. I was selling great, looking great on camera and got to see all the amazing shoppers who were ready to spend money. As a prior retail person I love when people are ready to spend money especially with me. The great thing about the sales positions were if you knew what your goal was you were able to work very hard to reach it. Once you reached that number you were able to feel great about yourself because you maximized on your appointments and up selling. Also the salmon and cookies were great during lunch time my favorite past time.
Pros
Commission, discounts, co worker, on site cafeteria, trends, co workers and nights out with co workers. We always looked great after work.
Cons
If your top on your team your manager might not want to let you go.
Productive, fun, and fast-paced workplace, focused on customer service and the most up-to-date fashion and style.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2019
From sales associate to management to Human Resource Generalist, Nordstrom is a productive, fun, fast-paced work environment, focused on delivering what they are best known for - their exceptional customer service - as well as staying abreast of the latest and greatest fashion/trends.
Pros
Positive, upbeat, leader in fashion/trends
Cons
Weekend and evening hours
Great work place
Fulfillment Agent Customer Returns (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Competitve wages, good hours. More choices now from when I was there as to what shifts you can work. Easy work once you know what you are doing, Get in if you can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
43.1K
31.8K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

79%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss