Nordstrom

Nordstrom Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 2,663 reviews matching the search
Relaxed, down to earth, fun job
It was always fun. I looked forward to work every day. The stress levels were mild in all aspects except that of commission. The knowledge your job depends on a score of commission can get frustrating, especially during the slow seasons. The dramatic competition of sales (stealing sales, etc) was a con too. Besides that it was a very nice place to work.
Pros
Discount, relaxed environment, long breaks
Cons
Healthcare rules
Eh
Good people great staff terrible managers no experience in managing people need to go to school and learn People skills as they all lacked these and much more
Fun place to work, but dont expect to make a lot of money
It was not bad place to be, but i didn't like the cutting hours. You cant count on a guaranted amount of hours which affect your paycheck. OTHER than that i dont have any complains
Depends what location
In my current role and location I have no support, made to feel unimportant, ostracized. No one cares about developing you, only putting you down. It's like they want you to fail.
Great place
Excellent place to work, flexible hours, management was poor, but the employee was excellent. There is not much training usually they tell you that there is an opportunity to move forward and have a better position but you can not apply without permission from your direct manager that usually if you are a good steward they tell you no because they do not want to lose you.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great workplace while in college
Typical day includes a little pep rally before store opens to go over store and individual goals, assisting customers with needs, along with greeting and keeping visuals and merchandise organized.
Management keeps store running efficiently and is very helpful.

Workplace culture is very customer focused, employees get praise at the end of the workday for making big sales.

Hardest part of the job is doing inventory because you have to count all inventory given in your area.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the connections you make with customers.
Styling and empowering others
A typical day is pulling items for clients or customers. You're offering a selection of clothing, shoes and accessories to build looks for your client to live their life in and feel empowered. The hardest part of the job would be finding a specific item the client is looking for and hunting it down. Management is supportive and pushed you to be successful. You build close relationships with co workers and your clients.
N/a
It was a job an I did the best to my ability. I met good people an networked alot around the company.

The service was memorable an I really enjoyed making others feel better
Customer Service
It was a good experience being that it was only a seasonal position. I worked in the accessories department and would go up to fill in for cashier whenever I was needed. My main choice was cashier but it wasn’t available during that time.
Not the best company to work for
They make a ton of empty promises that they don't keep. The management is okay but the store manager dictates the tone of the experience and our store manager only cared for money and did whatever to increase profit, even if it cost the employee's their happiness.
The good
I learned how to do a bit of everything I’ve had a taste of working in every department. Wether I’d men’s , woman’s, registers, shoes and stock team. I’m a flexible worker
Good company
I have had a great time working at Nordstrom. I am looking for something challenging at this time in my life. The retail market has shifted to online shopping at this time therefore inside sales are down.
Good overall and learnt so much from opening the stores to closing
I have learn so much about the policies and procedures and also the core value for the company which is reliability, integrity and team building. Also the core purpose has been Creating Unique Experience.
Suitable place for most people
Nordstrom is a great company for individuals starting their working career. The hours are flexible and if you are a student they are willing to work with your class schedule.
Work is as fun and rewarding as you make it
Since it's a commission environment you can only make money if you hustle. So if you don't plan on working hard this place isn't for you. Management can only help you so much, you need to be highly self motivated.
Fun Place to Work
Nordstrom was a pleasant place to work. When asked why I loved working there, I would respond: "It is the only place I have worked thus far in which everyone is smiling and seems to be excited to be at work".
micromanagement
Management was Micromanagement at it's finest. Sold items to customers. No return policy so a lot of items get returned. Which tends to effect your daily numbers. A lot has changed since 2015 I am sure.
Young atmosphere
I moved but I enjoyed working for the company, lots of open-friendly people relaxed atmosphere but also encouraged hard work and prioritizations, If anything I thought the managers were slightly younger and had certain outlooks that maybe some of the older employees that were underneath them didn't agree with and that caused a little bit of issues but I think that varies location to location still had a great time would work for them again
Horrible company to work for.
Only job you will work for free. NORDSTROM POLICY is to take back ANYTHING bought in the store. if you make a 300 dollar sale the person you sold to can return the clothing anytime even if it is worn. Nordstrom tracks these returns and takes your commission back from your check. this could happen 6 months after sale. I've had several paychecks where I actually owed Nordstrom money due to returns. If their return policy wasn't so ridiculously easy the sales people would make more. I worked in dresses. It was basically a dress rental dept. People would come in and buy very expensive dresses, wear them and then return them. If you denied a return to a customer then you could be fired. My boss would spray the dresses with Febreze after they were returned and rehang them for sale at full price!! I wouldn't EVER shop there for my clothes after seeing what gets put back out on the shelf. Their return policy is so lax that people go to goodwill and look for any label sold at NORDSTROM and go to Nordstrom for a refund. I once was forced to take a dress back that was 8 years old! Had to give her 30 dollars for it. Obviously it came from goodwill. There are plenty of places to work where you actually get paid for your efforts.
Great expierence
I loved working at Nordstrom. The management did a great job challenging their sales team to reach and exceed quotas. My experience here helped me develop as a professional.
Productive and nice, hard working environment.
Although I did not work at Nordstrom for a long time, I enjoyed it for the most part. Had to quit due to medical/health conditions I was dealing with at the time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nordstrom.