Nordstrom

Nordstrom Employee Review

Horrible company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 7, 2020
Only job you will work for free. NORDSTROM POLICY is to take back ANYTHING bought in the store. if you make a 300 dollar sale the person you sold to can return the clothing anytime even if it is worn. Nordstrom tracks these returns and takes your commission back from your check. this could happen 6 months after sale. I've had several paychecks where I actually owed Nordstrom money due to returns. If their return policy wasn't so ridiculously easy the sales people would make more. I worked in dresses. It was basically a dress rental dept. People would come in and buy very expensive dresses, wear them and then return them. If you denied a return to a customer then you could be fired. My boss would spray the dresses with Febreze after they were returned and rehang them for sale at full price!! I wouldn't EVER shop there for my clothes after seeing what gets put back out on the shelf. Their return policy is so lax that people go to goodwill and look for any label sold at NORDSTROM and go to Nordstrom for a refund. I once was forced to take a dress back that was 8 years old! Had to give her 30 dollars for it. Obviously it came from goodwill. There are plenty of places to work where you actually get paid for your efforts.

Other Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Frazzled and slow work environment
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2020
During the slow season, retail can be quite dreadful. Working for Nordstrom can be fun but also aggravating. Management praises the buttkissers and rewards them. Store is ran well for the most part, management can’t quite seem to get everything right. Safe workplace, some hostility between coworkers and management.
Fun and productive environment with great people!
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 17, 2020
Having worked various positions within Nordstroms' beauty department has allowed me to fully grasp how everything works from a customer service aspect as well as an operational one. I love working with make up but i love the people I work with as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K
44K
32.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nordstrom.

Powered by Comparably