Nordstrom Employee Reviews

53K
42.6K
31.5K
Found 7,553 reviews matching the search See all 7,748 reviews
A place to learn how to live your life outside of work.
Stylist and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2018
Nordstrom gives you all the autonomy you want on the sales floor, but does not set you up to actually make commission from your sales. Making commission depends on which department you are placed in, and in the end it is extremely difficult to make over your hourly pay.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No money
Okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 11, 2018
Not a practical job to live off of. It's very clique-y. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you are personal friends with management. Have to pay back the store if you don't sell enough in a pay period.
Family-oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 10, 2018
Nordstroms is family-oriented. Everyone knows everyone. Its high spirits during the holidays is what I loved most with the tree decorating. The merchandise is a bigger selection than other department stores.
fast pace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 10, 2018
coworkers are very friendly and the job is easily learned. very strict on sales but its normal.very fast paced so time usually goes by fast.the credit cards always bring you extra money
If you don't meet the nordstrom personality
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2018
unless your personality fits in with the Nordstrom culture, your life at Nordstrom will be very difficult. I was ostracized to the fullest extent when the new manager took over. And speaking of him, what a joke! The guy lets a stop walk out the door because his uber was there. He constantly left his team hanging and threw us all under the bus when he needed to. The original manager will be missed at that store massively forever. The sales employees are beyond rude, its a commission culture and I swear it as if you are taking their sales away. The store manager is awful to the LP team as well. Decent pay, but almost not even worth it
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Amazing workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96814May 10, 2018
I loved working with my coworkers! they help me to enjoy what I did at the job but also gave me wisdom to become better at what I do. I was able to interact with people from all over the world since thuis Nordstrom was located in Ala Moana Mall in Hawaii!
Pros
25%off, events
Nice place to work
Barista, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
My manager was ready and willing to help at any time.
Customers were high maintenance and rude very often.
Provided the ability to meet new people daily and form connections with customers and coworkers.
I loved working at Nordstroms
Customer Sales Associate, Fashion Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 10, 2018
I found that my experience at Nordstroms was exciting and challenging. I loved working with the customers and enjoyed assisting them with their selections. The truck shows were amazing and fun.
Pros
Every day was different
Cons
I have none
Doing Dishes
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 10, 2018
It is not a great job, but they are honest about it upfront. Pretty much what you expect. The staff is very nice but this work is not for everybody.
Fun place to work with overall good atmosphere
Design Management Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Nordstrom is one of the better retailers to work for. Overall my experience was fun and the potential for making good money is high. Just realize your check is based off your performance so at times it can be cut throat when trying to work with customers.
Poor Management
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 10, 2018
Once my supervisor left to start a family, the new manager was a stickler for rules and what corporate wanted. She just wanted to move ahead and make more money.
Fun work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 10, 2018
At Nordstrom a learned quite a bit in the field of maintence and I appreciate everyone there that ever showed me anything. If I had he Choice I would have loved to start my career in the feild of maintenance at Nordstrom.
It was fair
Sales Associate- Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Life was pretty easy. Great work life balance for college students. Goals were pushed every around big events. My dep manager was obviously stressed about it making work a little annoying at times.
Good expererience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 9, 2018
Met nice people. It was fun and the clothes were amazing. It helped me develop my conversation skills. I simply loved in when we got new styles in and had to go throught them.
Great place for advancement
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 9, 2018
Wonderful place for a great start to your career, and you will be supported throughout your journey. Family ran with a family feeling that they call “The Nordstrom Coulture”.
Pros
Advancement
Overall I would recommend
Credit Account and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
Nice place to work. I worked in the bank, the Rack and Nordstrom store.

All positions had pros and cons. But I enjoyed my time working at Nordstrom as a whole
Pros
work atmoshpere was good
Cons
review managment requirements, not all sales people are good managers
Summary
Associate (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 9, 2018
Great place to work. Flexible hours and time off available. Great team environment with great management. Each day employees are provided with a detailed work guide to ensure all duties are being done. It is a customer first environment while maintaining the completion of all task.
Working At Nordstrom
Overnight Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
It's a pretty cool environment to work in. I have lots of fun with my employees, but we keep in mind that there is work that needs to be done! Overall its a cool job.
Pros
Nobody on your back
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2018
I loved my coworkers, they were the best. My department manager was not the most supportive and my department it's self was the worst. Unless you can handle being around females all the time, do not apply to women's department.
Production & fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 9, 2018
I’ve worked with soo many different people, soo many different cultures and new experiences. It was a fun experience to be able to be a little far from home so i could have had that opportunity to meet new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

48%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss