NORMA GROUP
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

NORMA GROUP Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews

Great pay and benefits

Working as a Prototype-testing Technician in the Product Development (R&D Lab) Department was overall a great experience for which I will be ever thankful to both of the Lab Managers to whom I had the prividlidge of working for. It was a job where you were ever learning something new on a daily basis. The pay rate and benifts were outstanding.

Pros

Great pay and annual raises and some of the best health insurance out there.

Cons

Horrible new Engineering manager, no real feeling of job security, HR was the worst I'd ever seen.

Great Benefits

Benefits and pay are good. Job is stressful due to lack of staff. If they hired enough staff it would be fine, but they put too many accounts on one person and it’s too much.

Pros

Pay & benefits

Cons

They need to hire more people

NORMA GROUP insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Gets rid of you before you can get into the union

This company really isn't worth joining. The job is pretty easy it usually involves sitting at a spot welder that puts inserts on hose clamps. This used to be one of the best places to work in the area but really went downhill when they were bought by the norma group. The company will use you till you are no longer needed and will most likely will be let go before your time to join the union comes up. Management will never be seen unless you aren't getting your numbers.

Pros

Get to sit for most of the job

Cons

Opportunities not for everyone. I was bless to have gotten this job.

Don't work there anymore. Release from duties right before Thanksgiving. Nothing else to say at this moment. I was thankful for the opportunity. My job was easy not hard. I pick up on several skills at a machine operator. Welding packaging etc. Thank you!

Shipping and receiving

Loading pallets for deliver and loading pallets on trucks for shipping . Safe clean environment the rules were instructed everyday. Day in and day out I learned something new.

N/a

It's an ok job managers have favoritism in certain workers which lead other workers to feel uncomfortable I've been there for one year and I dident feel happy or comfortable working there not one time

I enjoyed working with other people. They were willing to help at anytime and train if necessary

I enjoyed working at Norma Group. Especially with the people that worked there. I learned many things. Everyone was willing to help when needed. Management was polite and always looking to better the company.

Supervision and time off

One of the supervisors is very rude , inconsiderate , shows favoritism, talk to you like a child. The mandatory overtime was excessive , hardly any time off.

It’s a job

Middle of the road work experience I worked 5th shift 3 12/hr shifts fri-sun Lower management was always friendly and helpful Upper management “my way” there was no give and take

Pros

Good shift schedules

Cons

Upper management, lower pay, tend to continually put off advancements to rise and grow in the company

Fast Paced

Accommodating to their employees, work life balance - fast paced always busy / managers work to help the employee succeed - always there to support the needs of the employee as well as the customer

Great company .. great benefits ..great communication.... ....great people....... green bosses...... great interviews... .. ..............

Productive and fun workplace

Management and coworkers were great! Good health benefits and safety meetings. some things i didn't agree with but that's going to be with everybody. Fun cookouts and potlucks, also a yearly ballgame!

Relaxed atmosphere, and team work environment

Interaction with upper management, testing and inspection of finished product, Document results on corporate website, parts tested for torque, air leakage, tensile strength, and weld bead stability. Work with production supervisors, tool repair techs, and upper management to insure customer requirements are maintained.

Mi learns fast

Mi learns fast.it's a good job good employees a good link They help you when you can't do what you have to do and they help you with your papers and with good people and bosses

Run the other way! Don't waste your time. Please run!

I was told during the interview, I would receive a bonus that consisted of 10% of my annual salary. That was a lie. Norma Group utilizes an archaic database/system which was popular in the 1980's. They use a DOS based system that has surpassed their needs and refuse to change. I was screamed at by the Supply Chain Manager for no good reason. HR approached me about the situation because other people complained about his tantrum. I told HR the environment I was currently working in was hostile and there is a legality to this issue right now. Wouldn't you know it, I was "laid off" no more than 2 months later. The reason I was given: "The economy is very bad right now." They would rather keep the aggressor and punish the victim to cover their backsides. From what I was told, the supply chain manager (you know, the one that was acting like a toddler) attends anger management classes and is on medication. Most of the people there were very rude and angry all of the time. These were only a handful of examples. I could fill a book with the information I have for you. This place is headed for disaster. Even the Titanic had a band!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

The company was good to work for, but it closes its doors to the workers in Michigan

Norma was a good company to work for. However currently they experience a significant workforce reduction due to relocation of MI-based facility. The company doesn't hire in MI, in contrary a lot of my coworkers lost jobs along with myself.

Pros

Was a good place to work for

Cons

Closing down their facility in MI

Run the other way, if you can

Pay and benefits are great. Leadership and management were terrible. Plus you will have the workload of several people all by yourself and you will get blamed when things go sideways. Poor work life balance.

Pros

Pay and benefits and coworkers

Cons

Leadership and management were terrible and no work life balance

Balanced Professional and hardworking with understanding and relaxed.

My personal experience is as an intern, so I don't necessarily represent what everyone would have experienced. A typical day for me was to handle purchase requisitions in a timely manor as they came in. This involved checking the provided information, correcting any mistakes, finding better deals on a desired product if possible, and bringing it to my manager for final approval. I loved the workplace culture, everyone was helpful and understanding when I had questions or concerns. If I were to change anything I would closed off the open cubicles, I understand the desire for open communication between coworkers, but I found that it lead to more distractions than anything else. This propensity for distraction is the main reason I scored the culture lower, the people are kind and helpful, but headphones are a must if you want to get anything done. The management when I was there knew how to work hard and expected you to do the same, but they understood if you struggled or needed help as long as you were open about it and were sincere. They deserve a 10 out of 10, they are still some of the best people I've ever worked for.

a good job

it was a good place to work the job at times was fast pasted until I was more experienced. I learned to work on machine that was something I neaver done before.

bad place to work

this is the only place i have ever worked that messed with your breaks any where else they will break you having to work twice as hard for at least one hour a day or as much as two hours a day in a eight hour work day to give another operator there breaks you would normally run four machines giving breaks your responsible for eight taking a relatively easy job and making it a horrible one this is a clear effort to make more money off of the employees not having any people to give breaks management has the culture of no communication with there employees dont bother us we will bother you lack of support personnel the 2 shops had 4 material handlers all four were working twelve hour shifts all week to keep the shop running they cant keep people so high turnover they used to have 5 shifts and had to cut it down to 3 shifts due to lack of personnel including maintenance

Loved the place

Good place to work but management sucked, no idea what was going on with the people. Human resources was never around. Always on vacation (must be nice)

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management, Hr

Common questions about NORMA GROUP

Answered by current and former employees at NORMA GROUP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORMA GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

NORMA GROUP reviews by popular job title

• NORMA GROUP