Norman Regional Health Employee Reviews

Great family atmosphere
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 17, 2019
Loved working here! Very supportive family atmosphere. I definitely would think about working here again. Teamwork between staff members, positive vibes, and management listens. Staffing ratios were great.
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 25, 2019
Place went under new management, they want to write every one up instead of communicating, they have every one fearful for job and have had so many quit that were there for 15 plus years.
Worked prn .Great experience good staff. Great interaction with patients
Bus and Van Transporter (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 22, 2019
Hired part-time . Turned out to be prn. Ignored when applying for other positions qualified and experience for .So no promotion from within. Long layoffs on prn.
the best place to work in the region
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 5, 2019
This company is the best place to work in the region, the supervisors are kind, and everyone is supportive, and treat you like family. and the pay is worth the stay.
Pros
every body is caring
Cons
Hours go by too fast, I just loved the place.
Would do again
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 20, 2019
I relatively got along with everyone, by far relationships with coworkers was the most enjoyable, fair benefits, decent HR & employee relations, options in advancing but sometimes difficult or time consuming, unfortunately there appears to be a lot of 'political' drama the higher your position which could affect the whole department. Daily Grind down stairs
Pros
Fair pay, fair benefits, decent relations, paid vacations, safety
Cons
Supervisors 'political drama', slow advancement, low annual pay increase
Great place to serve community
Charge Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 16, 2019
Fast paced work that offers opportunity to serve the community every day. Good benefits and incentive pay available. Multiple campuses and departments offer room for transfer and/or advancement.
easy work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 16, 2019
the employees are nice and everything is organized and clean in the hospital . the shift I work requires I work alone which is something I do not like. the pay is decent but managers do not know how to say Thank You when you are doing very hard work for them or to get noticed
satisfying
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 14, 2019
I was unable to continue with this company due the nature of home life at the time. I had to support 3 children and work two jobs so it was beneficial to move on
Norman Regional
Registered Nurse - NICU Level III (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 13, 2019
Great Place to work. Team Player. Enjoyed my time there. Great ratings for the hospital. Accredited by the Joint Commission. Experienced staff. Great area hospital
Pros
Great Staff
Benefits
Poor Leadership
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 5, 2019
Lazy, unqualified management who do not lead by example and routinely come in late then leave early. Understaffed departments are micromanaged and pushed towards goals to measure success - all under the guise of "patient care".
Registration
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 27, 2019
Management needs a lot of work and pay is very low.
It was a very stressful place not due to my job but the management and how staff is treated. Never told you have or are doing a good job.
Lack of thank you or we appreciate you. They need to work on pay.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Totally disliked my job
Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 16, 2019
Thr lab was full of bullies. People did things and got away with them. High turnup yet always understaffed. Very poor pay compared to the amount of work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
High Turnup yet understaffed
A great launch!
XR/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 28, 2019
My position here helped me advance in my current career. The typical pros and cons existed, but I was lucky to have good management that supported me.
Face paced many patients need more staff
Social Work Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 28, 2019
Too many patients and not enough staff to effectively provide good case management and discharge planning. Often feel like leadership does not listen to employees and large turnover.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Drive ( for me)
Poor Commuinication between employees and bosses
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 5, 2019
Lazy workers flexible schedule not enough pay for the amount of work you have to do. Boss's don't make an effort to care for employees. can be stressful at times
Pros
discounts
Cons
lazy workers
Work culture is difficult
Allied health (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 1, 2019
A typical day is usually very busy. At times there is not enough staff for the patient caseload. There are many meetings that are not very productive and take time any from the most important aspect which should be patient care. Management is top heavy and they take no responsibility for poor decisions and practices that effect team morale negatively. Subtle innuendos that border on age and gender discrimination. Workplace culture is great amongs the patient care providers but could be much improved with more recognition for a job well done and less micro managing. The hardest part of the job is providing quality patient care when much of the focus is an over abundance of documentation to capitalize on maximizing reimbursement. The best part of the job is working with the team members that are focused on providing the best possible patient care regardless of the difficult circumstances.
would recomend to someone
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 21, 2019
friendly people
staff seems to show loving care to all patients
work ethics are very strong
its a good place to work if you are in need of a job
Wonderful Facility
Lab Registration Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 16, 2019
The facility has excellent job security and advancement. The job culture is amazing and invest in your staff. The administration was wonderful in acknowledging the employees in their perspective departments.
I dont Remember
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day starts by clocking in and getting told what you would be doing that day. taking patient s from room to room, procedure to procedure. it was boring.
Great
Patience Sitter (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 9, 2019
Typical day at work can get a little hetic depending on what unit you are on . My job necessarliy I dont have to a lot to do with multiple patients just my assigned but outside there is a quicked paced system going on.My co workers are very friendly and helpful so there is very little conflict The hardest part of my job would be the sympathy I have for some of my patients, which may be hard for some that try to manipulate you or lure you into their personal connection. I love meeting new people and I enjoy having the oppurtunity to understand different types of behavior in similar and different situations.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
lack of attention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norman Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Norman Regional Health Reviews by Location