Norman Regional Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Must be customer oriented.
Security officer 2 (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 20, 2018
Was a great place to work. Had great management team in my department. CEO treated everyone as a equal. Pay was greater than the area normal. I needed a change from security.
Norman Regional is a nice place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Findlay Family Medicine within Norman Regional. I had great co-workers and enjoyed working with the patients that I saw day to day.
Opportunity driven
Workers Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 30, 2018
My manager I worked under was very encouraging in making her employees their best. She was always encouraging in our daily jobs. She would give us tips on how to make our work easy and not hard.
Always more work than can get done
MEDICAL CODER (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 20, 2018
Probably a good place for a new coder to start. As long term it can be tedious. Working remote is the best benefit. Good flexibility in hours. Some continued education.
Pros
pharmacy benefits
Cons
non-compassionate manager.
Nrhs
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK 73070October 18, 2018
The majority of my career has been at Norman Regional Health System. The employees are hardworking people, kind and thoughtful with our clients. The nurses are top notch. The physicians are very bright, strong skill sets. I have been very content in the positions I have chosen.
As for Management, NRHS appears to me to be top heavy. The culture is one of kindness, professional attitudes. Our clients are the center of all we do. The hardest part of my job was the wait , between waves of incoming patients. The best part of PACU is within an hour or less your patients go thru a painful situation and evolves to a tolerable level pain relief.
Pros
There is a feeling of camaraderie throughout the staff.
Cons
Cafeteria food is terrible, and worse on weekends.
Often was understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 10, 2018
When I started at norman regional it was a great place to work then they included patients that were not cardiac of neuro. Also worked short frequently.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Short staffed
Patient ratio to techs & safety, extremely POOR
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OklaOctober 9, 2018
i have worked for NRH for 5 yrs, . patient ratio to techs on any unit is very disconcerning, not to mention potential work-related injuries. (14-32:1 ). NRH does not care about patient satisfication nor staff. If so, any unit would be staffed accordingly to diagnosis in which some patients require a little more care than others, but its about # & $, not good quality care for community to come back to NRH.
Pros
can pick up extra shifts
Cons
lack of team effort, staff/patient safety
Poor management/ unsafe working conditions
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman Regional Health SystemOctober 5, 2018
I have worked her for a little over two years and our unit hasn't been staffed appropriately once in that time.This is a step down from ICU and Techs regularly have 16-32 patients. Nurses are asked to be at a 4:1 but a often given five patients. Management is not helpful and won't keep people on orientation long enough to learn what they need to learn to safely do their job. Policy changes daily within the hospital as well. Hard to keep up with all changes. high turn over rate with employees and management. Pay is good and benefits are good as well but that is really all this company has going for them.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
unsafe working environment, high turn over
Fast paced busy work environment, enjoyable work environment
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Busy hospital lab including Chemistry, Hematology, Blood banking and serology departments. Company cares about creating an enjoyable work environment where the fellow employees had a voice, weekly huddle meetings creating routes for open communication about any issues or concerns going on in the lab and solutions for how to proceed forward. Great teamwork atmosphere, Lab staff is phenominal!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 28, 2018
Norman regional is a great place to work. The only downfall is the staffing ratio's for nurses can change from 5:1 to as many as 7:1 but that is not done frequently depending on the unit you work on
Pros
great discount in cafeteria and giftshop
Cons
understaffed sometimes
Health Information Management Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 23, 2018
The work environment is a great place to be. There is a team effort and it shows. They try to instill a collaborative work environment and you can take what they teach you to other jobs. Insurance is competitive, salary is competitive and just over all a good place to be.
Enjoyed it
Surgical Technologist - CST (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 12, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Norman Regional. I met some great doctors, and also got a lot more experience. The cafeteria is very mediocre and extremely expensive even with the employee discount.
Pros
Great teaching facility
Cons
breaks are rare and food is expensive
location of this facility was wonderful
PCCU RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73072August 10, 2018
management changed not only in my department but higher up and that made making changed hard. the nurse to patient ratio was higher than needed for safety for the acuity of the patients
Pros
coworkers willing to assist when needed
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Lots of changes, unstable work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2018
The department I worked for had many frequent changes. I felt I did not get good mentoring as a new nurse. Sometimes the floor was poorly staffed and sometimes not safe
Pros
Location close to my home
Cons
Under staffing at times. Poor mentoring for new nurses
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 4, 2018
There have been several reorganizations within the hospital, all of which have been unsuccessful. People have been placed in positions they were never qualified for, which has created total dysfunction and patient/employee dissatisfaction. Employee turnover is occurring at a rate that is impossible to compensate for.
Healthcare
Plant Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 4, 2018
I worked my way up from a Plant Operations technician to the Maintenance Manager to the Plant Operations Manager. When I went to work a Norman Regional it was still a small town hospital. When I left it had become a corporation.
Good poeple to work with
Pharmacy Technician II-III (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 26, 2018
Good people to work with. Very laid back and balanced for work life. They give more PTO and work with you more than most companies. Management is easy to get along with,
Pros
Great to work with.
Cons
not so great benefits
Horrible Cath Lab
CV Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norman Regional Health PlexJuly 24, 2018
This is the worst managed Cath Lab around the area. Very cut throat from management down to fellow employees. No lunches. Expected to stay late every day for routine non-emergent cases. Unable to even use PTO time for a Vacation they are so under staffed won't allow time off. Not willing to hire experienced CV Technologist's but, instead choose to hire new grads with no experience. Like selling your soul your life will suffer.
Pros
Cons
No lunches, extended days without notice, horrible mgmt even bad HR
Friendly environment but no advancement opportunities
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 18, 2018
Staff are friendly and passionate about their careers but there is no advancement and moving laterally is even quite difficult as they tend to hire outside the organization, which is quite backwards from what I've ever experienced. But everyone is always laughing and happy, and that's nice to see.
Pros
Employee discounts in the cafeteria
Cons
No breaks, poor management
I loved the job however I had topped out in pay and was not going to be receiving any raises I barely brought home 1,200 a month
Patient Coordinator-Unit Clerk Mental Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73071July 8, 2018
Great company atmosphere overall however pay is not very good. They don’t pay the hourly employees very well every employee I knew worked more than one job to make ends meet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norman Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about