Norman Regional Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Nrh
RN (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 19, 2019
The hospital itself was OK to work for. The level of shortage was the most I’ve ever experienced. They don’t consider acuity in staffing. The manager was friendly with zero follow through. I’m not generally a complainer but I have never met a lazier leader than the one on that floor. From the first day I stepped foot on the floor the core staff had such ugly things to say about their leader. I did notmeet one person with a positive statement about their leader.
very poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 12, 2019
Forced staff to 12 hour shifts from 8 hour shifts. Caused more new grad burn out & med errors. Compromised client safety due to low staffing. Ran older experienced nurses off for cheep new grads.
Great family atmosphere
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 17, 2019
Loved working here! Very supportive family atmosphere. I definitely would think about working here again. Teamwork between staff members, positive vibes, and management listens. Staffing ratios were great.
Good RN jobs for OKC metro area
RN (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 19, 2018
Good nurse/patient ratio, on-boarding process, ability to switch shifts with other RNs, excellent facility w/modern tools. Positive work culture w/ability from management to listen to concerns.
Nrhs
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK 73070October 18, 2018
The majority of my career has been at Norman Regional Health System. The employees are hardworking people, kind and thoughtful with our clients. The nurses are top notch. The physicians are very bright, strong skill sets. I have been very content in the positions I have chosen.
As for Management, NRHS appears to me to be top heavy. The culture is one of kindness, professional attitudes. Our clients are the center of all we do. The hardest part of my job was the wait , between waves of incoming patients. The best part of PACU is within an hour or less your patients go thru a painful situation and evolves to a tolerable level pain relief.
Pros
There is a feeling of camaraderie throughout the staff.
Cons
Cafeteria food is terrible, and worse on weekends.
Often was understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 10, 2018
When I started at norman regional it was a great place to work then they included patients that were not cardiac of neuro. Also worked short frequently.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Short staffed
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 28, 2018
Norman regional is a great place to work. The only downfall is the staffing ratio's for nurses can change from 5:1 to as many as 7:1 but that is not done frequently depending on the unit you work on
Pros
great discount in cafeteria and giftshop
Cons
understaffed sometimes
location of this facility was wonderful
PCCU RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73072August 10, 2018
management changed not only in my department but higher up and that made making changed hard. the nurse to patient ratio was higher than needed for safety for the acuity of the patients
Pros
coworkers willing to assist when needed
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Lots of changes, unstable work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2018
The department I worked for had many frequent changes. I felt I did not get good mentoring as a new nurse. Sometimes the floor was poorly staffed and sometimes not safe
Pros
Location close to my home
Cons
Under staffing at times. Poor mentoring for new nurses
Overall an OK place to work.
Registered Nurse Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 17, 2018
Norman Regional is an ok place to work, could care more about their employees, have better health care benefits with lower co pays. Would be a good place to work for a new graduate nurse.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not much coverage when short staffed
Good outlook
Registered Nurse on Orthopedic and Spine floor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 16, 2018
Great employees, work environment can be good and bad at times. The salary could be better, not really great at pay raises, no opportunity for bonus or special gifts.
Non productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 3, 2018
Staff is unfriendly. Every man for them self’s .. a lot of closed units and no reimbursement for unit close. Staff not willing to help out. Management is very bias.
Nice place to work
Full Time RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 22, 2018
Had great coworkers and support from management. Worked hard, but enjoyed it. Wish the company gave more bonuses/raises to nurses. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
no/few bonuses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed the work pace and staff attitude. I feel great support from my fellow co-workers as well as administration. Norman Regional Health System generously supports the continued education of their employees.
Pros
Great place to get experience in the emergency department
Cons
Very busy with little breaks and rushed lunch
Loved my team
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 23, 2018
Worked with the most amazing cath lab team ever! Hospital was great and provided great employee benefits. Pay scale is above average as well which was a nice bonus!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Taking call
Good place to work at back in the day.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 26, 2017
When I worked there I loved it. New nurse, starting out, I had excellent training and felt the management listened to us. I haven't worked there for more than 5 years and I hear it has changed. At the time I left, it was because they phased out the flex nurse program. I believe they brought it back, but by then I was working somewhere else.
Hospital floor RN
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 2, 2017
Typical med surg floor. Good relationship with staff. Only worked part time. Able to keep up with technical skills. Good orientation.
Pros
kept up skills
Cons
night shift
Loved it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  healthplexFebruary 27, 2017
Great patient centered atmosphere. Nurse to patient ratios actually appropriate. Would love to return working there again. Felt like "home" in so many ways.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 22, 2017
My experience was amazing, no complaints from me at all. My supervisor was v to understanding when I had personal things happen on my life
Great work environment. Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 6, 2016
My typical work day is providing care for patients that have cardiac issues and also some med surg patients. I have learned a lot being a new nurse. I feel working on the cardiac floor has helped me learn more about the way our hearts work and the effect it has on the body as a whole.

I enjoy working with the staff on my floor. We work well as a team and I know that I can go to them with any situation I might need advice on.

I love to see the progress my patients make. Especially if I am able to care for them for multiple days in a row.
Pros
flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norman Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Norman Regional Health Reviews by Location