Norman Regional Employee Reviews

I loved the job however I had topped out in pay and was not going to be receiving any raises I barely brought home 1,200 a month
Patient Coordinator-Unit Clerk Mental Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73071July 8, 2018
Great company atmosphere overall however pay is not very good. They don’t pay the hourly employees very well every employee I knew worked more than one job to make ends meet
Was great, Praying new management makes it great again
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  all 3 campusesJuly 4, 2018
RN- I worked there for a while and at first it was really great. Staff was helpful, mostly good team members, friendly helpful, had plenty of resource staff and great physicians. It was not long until staff started getting cut, patient load increased and nursing responsibilities and job description increase while trying to maintain patient satisfaction which became a key for funding reimbursement. Policies changed, and employee stress increased. Management was let go, primary orginizational leaders left and replaced, new management came in and their hands were tied. Soon after employees were basically made to sign new commitments to the company and if they didn't, they were reprimanded or asked to find new employment. I believed in their mission to take care of patients and try to satisfy them, but everything started relying on satisfaction scores. It is really hard to do more with less employees. I understand their wishes to stay independent and hope they can. But, when you have short staff and handling emergency's and patients are waiting to be seen, the patients are upset and do not know what is going on with emergent situations, they do not understand, and most do not care. They believe their sore throat, or stubbed toe is as important as everyone elses situation even though their need is not as critical as someone needing emergent care. Another thought is there is more competition coming in and that is making it worse for the Executive Team trying to stay competitive. I hope things get better, most of the staff really do care want it to work. I continue to pray for them  more... all.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, great physicians
Cons
Decreased staff, changing policies, patients not understanding
lots of changes without notice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced, look out for changing policies on a daily basis without notice. need to have computer at home because there is no time to look it up. pay close atttention to your supervisor.
Pros
paycheck bi weekly
Cons
dont get sick
Poor
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 5, 2018
Major staff cut, which made it not fun working there. The people you did work with made you not want to leave. They want to hire within but most people I know couldn't move to another department.
Horrible place to work
LAB PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 1, 2018
The Management here is horrible, No raises in the last 5 years. Lots of office/highschool Drama. No room for moving up in the company. People just dont show up for work constantly.
I worked a Medical Surgical Floor, it was very busy
LPN Med/Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman OklahomaMay 22, 2018
Very well managed Nursing Staff. Nurses were treated fairly and with respect
The hospital was a teaching hospital , It was interesting to work with the new student Nuses
Pros
Well Staffed
Cons
None really
Wonderful place to work and very friendly employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 20, 2018
I have worked at Norman Regional Hospital 3 times and it is one of the best places that I have ever worked. All of the hospitals are very clean and well maintained.
Pros
employees, patient to nurse ratio; clean environment; great management; good opportunities; great food
Cons
Overall an OK place to work.
Registered Nurse Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 17, 2018
Norman Regional is an ok place to work, could care more about their employees, have better health care benefits with lower co pays. Would be a good place to work for a new graduate nurse.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not much coverage when short staffed
Collaborative and easy paced place to work
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 18, 2018
Typical workday entailed prescription data entry, billing insurance, filling prescriptions, answering phone calls from patients and drs and under the pharmacist, providing patient counseling
Great team memebers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 15, 2018
I have learned alot working here and the critical care doctors are amazing. Staff works well at all campuses as a team. Curently a full time employee
good work environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 14, 2018
I had a good experience at Norman Regional Hospital and would recommend working there to others. The staff is very friendly and work well together as a team.
Co workers are great
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 8, 2018
Most everyone i work with are wonderful. Always willing to help, if asked,. And if they cant help then they try to find you help. There are a few that are not team players or they only help out their friends.. but for the most part, i believe i can count on everyone... most understand that there a rough days and easy days. Ultimately we are all there for the health and well being of our patients. Most of us believe in this but there are a few that come in with bad attitudes and leave with bad attitudes. They are no reflextion on the rest of us. This is not a sink or swim environment!! That would put patients at risk. Everone is busy, no one reads minds, if u need help..ask.. and it will be given.. i love my job. I love the satisfaction i get out of it and i think we have a great crew... sure, we could all use more money and the benefits are not so great... but its health care. What can u expect
Pros
Coworkers, good feeling when youve made a difference, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Seeing people die.. immaturity of some coworkers.. cafe food
loved it at the healthplex location
UNIT ASSISTANT / NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 3, 2018
Awesome place to work, everyone there my coworkers were awesome!!!! Made a lot of awesome friends, the work environment was amazing the nurses are excellent to jump in and help give the aides help when needed. The doctors are incredible as well they treat you with such respect.
Pros
great coworkers and great food in cafeteria
Cons
cant think of any
decent radiology tech job
Staff Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 28, 2018
Kind of a standard radiology job. ER, OR, Endoscopy and routine floor cases. The department manager was a blast to work with and a great teacher. Team oriented.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
floor cases
We were always busy learning online and within the lab.
MLT-Generalist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 23, 2018
I learned advanced chemical testing and hematology morphology from peers within the lab. The hardest part of the job was not being home a whole lot because I was volenterring for open shifts.
Pros
Overtime and working at 3 different facilities.
Cons
Not being home enough.
Horrible coordinator
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  ClinicMarch 20, 2018
Coordinator is a horrible backstabbing woman she has a very big powertrip if she doesn’t like you from day 1 you will be a target and she will harass you
Pros
DS are amazing
Cons
Bunnie Warren
Good outlook
Registered Nurse on Orthopedic and Spine floor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 16, 2018
Great employees, work environment can be good and bad at times. The salary could be better, not really great at pay raises, no opportunity for bonus or special gifts.
Non productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 3, 2018
Staff is unfriendly. Every man for them self’s .. a lot of closed units and no reimbursement for unit close. Staff not willing to help out. Management is very bias.
Very understanding fun fast paced place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 28, 2018
Management was very easy to talk to. Worked rotating weekends and holidays which made it easy being a single mother of 2. Overall fainess was wonderful at this job but the only thing was the pay raises. For the amount of responsibility that is put on one person the pay could have been more.
Pros
Fair breaks and great health insurance
Cons
Raises
hated it
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 23, 2018
No team work . Management did not help staff. coworkers did not help each other . It was sink or swim. Got to do it all by yourself one of the main reasons that I left.
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
low pay