Norman Regional Employee Reviews

Fast paced busy work environment, enjoyable work environment
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Busy hospital lab including Chemistry, Hematology, Blood banking and serology departments. Company cares about creating an enjoyable work environment where the fellow employees had a voice, weekly huddle meetings creating routes for open communication about any issues or concerns going on in the lab and solutions for how to proceed forward. Great teamwork atmosphere, Lab staff is phenominal!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 28, 2018
Norman regional is a great place to work. The only downfall is the staffing ratio's for nurses can change from 5:1 to as many as 7:1 but that is not done frequently depending on the unit you work on
Pros
great discount in cafeteria and giftshop
Cons
understaffed sometimes
Enjoyed it
Surgical Technologist - CST (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 12, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Norman Regional. I met some great doctors, and also got a lot more experience. The cafeteria is very mediocre and extremely expensive even with the employee discount.
Pros
Great teaching facility
Cons
breaks are rare and food is expensive
location of this facility was wonderful
PCCU RN (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73072August 10, 2018
management changed not only in my department but higher up and that made making changed hard. the nurse to patient ratio was higher than needed for safety for the acuity of the patients
Pros
coworkers willing to assist when needed
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Lots of changes, unstable work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2018
The department I worked for had many frequent changes. I felt I did not get good mentoring as a new nurse. Sometimes the floor was poorly staffed and sometimes not safe
Pros
Location close to my home
Cons
Under staffing at times. Poor mentoring for new nurses
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 4, 2018
There have been several reorganizations within the hospital, all of which have been unsuccessful. People have been placed in positions they were never qualified for, which has created total dysfunction and patient/employee dissatisfaction. Employee turnover is occurring at a rate that is impossible to compensate for.
Horrible Cath Lab
CV Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norman Regional Health PlexJuly 24, 2018
This is the worst managed Cath Lab around the area. Very cut throat from management down to fellow employees. No lunches. Expected to stay late every day for routine non-emergent cases. Unable to even use PTO time for a Vacation they are so under staffed won't allow time off. Not willing to hire experienced CV Technologist's but, instead choose to hire new grads with no experience. Like selling your soul your life will suffer.
Pros
Cons
No lunches, extended days without notice, horrible mgmt even bad HR
Friendly environment but no advancement opportunities
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 18, 2018
Staff are friendly and passionate about their careers but there is no advancement and moving laterally is even quite difficult as they tend to hire outside the organization, which is quite backwards from what I've ever experienced. But everyone is always laughing and happy, and that's nice to see.
Pros
Employee discounts in the cafeteria
Cons
No breaks, poor management
I loved the job however I had topped out in pay and was not going to be receiving any raises I barely brought home 1,200 a month
Patient Coordinator-Unit Clerk Mental Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73071July 8, 2018
Great company atmosphere overall however pay is not very good. They don’t pay the hourly employees very well every employee I knew worked more than one job to make ends meet
Was great, Praying new management makes it great again
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  all 3 campusesJuly 4, 2018
RN- I worked there for a while and at first it was really great. Staff was helpful, mostly good team members, friendly helpful, had plenty of resource staff and great physicians. It was not long until staff started getting cut, patient load increased and nursing responsibilities and job description increase while trying to maintain patient satisfaction which became a key for funding reimbursement. Policies changed, and employee stress increased. Management was let go, primary orginizational leaders left and replaced, new management came in and their hands were tied. Soon after employees were basically made to sign new commitments to the company and if they didn't, they were reprimanded or asked to find new employment. I believed in their mission to take care of patients and try to satisfy them, but everything started relying on satisfaction scores. It is really hard to do more with less employees. I understand their wishes to stay independent and hope they can. But, when you have short staff and handling emergency's and patients are waiting to be seen, the patients are upset and do not know what is going on with emergent situations, they do not understand, and most do not care. They believe their sore throat, or stubbed toe is as important as everyone elses situation even though their need is not as critical as someone needing emergent care. Another thought is there is more competition coming in and that is making it worse for the Executive Team trying to stay competitive. I hope things get better, most of the staff really do care want it to work. I continue to pray for them  more... all.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, great physicians
Cons
Decreased staff, changing policies, patients not understanding
lots of changes without notice
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced, look out for changing policies on a daily basis without notice. need to have computer at home because there is no time to look it up. pay close atttention to your supervisor.
Pros
paycheck bi weekly
Cons
dont get sick
Poor
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 5, 2018
Major staff cut, which made it not fun working there. The people you did work with made you not want to leave. They want to hire within but most people I know couldn't move to another department.
Horrible place to work
LAB PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 1, 2018
The Management here is horrible, No raises in the last 5 years. Lots of office/highschool Drama. No room for moving up in the company. People just dont show up for work constantly.
I worked a Medical Surgical Floor, it was very busy
LPN Med/Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norman OklahomaMay 22, 2018
Very well managed Nursing Staff. Nurses were treated fairly and with respect
The hospital was a teaching hospital , It was interesting to work with the new student Nuses
Pros
Well Staffed
Cons
None really
Wonderful place to work and very friendly employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 20, 2018
I have worked at Norman Regional Hospital 3 times and it is one of the best places that I have ever worked. All of the hospitals are very clean and well maintained.
Pros
employees, patient to nurse ratio; clean environment; great management; good opportunities; great food
Cons
Overall an OK place to work.
Registered Nurse Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 17, 2018
Norman Regional is an ok place to work, could care more about their employees, have better health care benefits with lower co pays. Would be a good place to work for a new graduate nurse.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not much coverage when short staffed
Collaborative and easy paced place to work
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 18, 2018
Typical workday entailed prescription data entry, billing insurance, filling prescriptions, answering phone calls from patients and drs and under the pharmacist, providing patient counseling
Great team memebers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 15, 2018
I have learned alot working here and the critical care doctors are amazing. Staff works well at all campuses as a team. Curently a full time employee
good work environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 14, 2018
I had a good experience at Norman Regional Hospital and would recommend working there to others. The staff is very friendly and work well together as a team.
Co workers are great
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 8, 2018
Most everyone i work with are wonderful. Always willing to help, if asked,. And if they cant help then they try to find you help. There are a few that are not team players or they only help out their friends.. but for the most part, i believe i can count on everyone... most understand that there a rough days and easy days. Ultimately we are all there for the health and well being of our patients. Most of us believe in this but there are a few that come in with bad attitudes and leave with bad attitudes. They are no reflextion on the rest of us. This is not a sink or swim environment!! That would put patients at risk. Everone is busy, no one reads minds, if u need help..ask.. and it will be given.. i love my job. I love the satisfaction i get out of it and i think we have a great crew... sure, we could all use more money and the benefits are not so great... but its health care. What can u expect
Pros
Coworkers, good feeling when youve made a difference, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Seeing people die.. immaturity of some coworkers.. cafe food