Norris Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Major VT
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WINovember 20, 2017
This job is very very stressful due to the clients you work with. Management promises better things but never delivers. After 2 years of hard work they told me they couldn't give me a different shift and after three months of giving them time to change I had to quit. They didn't care.
The clients are amazing and difficult. They need help but can be violent which staff are no longer trained to deal with.
Pros
free meals (institutional food)
Cons
no breaks unless you smoke.
Nonstop work
Groundskeeper/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 2, 2017
Nice place to work. Hard work in the summertime. Enjoyed the interaction with the student body's off all the campuses. Great benefits for full time employees including dental.
first job in thomaston
cleaning crew, busting tables (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJuly 9, 2017
This was a fun job. I thought since it was my first job here in Thomaston. I learned that helping the waitresses was always needed. I actually liked pushing that cart around. I was proud I had a job, and I was always cutting up with the customers. It was rummed by different owners then.
Pros
it was easy
Cons
only worked a few hours on Sunday
Excellent work environment and positive behavior
Janitor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bean Station, TNJuly 25, 2016
I had a 3 day assignment as a Janitor. The boss I had was nice to my face but bad mouthed me behind my back and then offered me a opening position but I turned it down cause of how rude he was. It's honestly a job I really wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly, always clean environment
Cons
Bosses were rude, short breaks
Productive and like-family type firm
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 28, 2015
I have enjoyed my career at Norris, Perne & French because of the daily interactions with my peers and partners of the firm, as well as the clients I have worked with on a daily basis. It is satisfying to provide assistance to our clients and interact with them on a daily basis, both in person, via email, and phone calls. The firm is very flexible with their employees treats them with dignity and respect. The hardest part of my job is setting up complex new accounts. The most enjoyable has been coordinating special projects for the firm (i.e. client event at the new Japanese Gardens at Frederik Meijer Gardens).
Pros
Free parking in downtown GR, tickets to concerts, Civic Theatre, Meijer Gardens, excellent healthcare and yearly profit sharing
Cons
Disconnect in communication
Law Firm in which I had a chance to bring in new software
HR/Payroll Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Co-Workers and supervisor were easy to work with and for.

Payroll System by Ceridian was on the administrators PC and was able to show management that the new "Cloud" or Ceridian stored system would be better for processing and security.

Helped with the benefits side of New Employee Orientation, presentation, writing the script.

Benefits Open Enrollment, giving employees what they need to make an informed decision.
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Ok.July 27, 2014
Very dirty work and people were prone to getting hurt due to hurried training.
Pros
Awesome pay and benefits
Cons
Company did not care because they could replace you
Good Experience
Jr Project Manager/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 24, 2014
good experience with lots of growth potential. Great benefits
Estate Plannng
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sun City ArizonaMarch 16, 2014
There was a lot of problems with employees vs. attorney's
the attorney's really didn't make the employees feel secure working there.
Growing company, fast paced environment
Director of Training, Master EnrollMatch Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Company that responds to needs of higher education. Everyday is a little different and gives employees the opportunity to stretch out of their comfort zone.
Most of the people who work in the NYC office are strange, unsocial misfits.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2014
It is one of the most unprofessional law firms I've ever dealt with. The majority of the attorneys are moody and unfriendly. The paralegals are exempt which is illegal. The support staff are treated like elementary school kids. People who have worked for the firm for years have been terminated without any departure notice or severance. The HR manager although a very nice lady has no business in her position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my last day there.
Pros
New offices.
Cons
Toxic environment.
A great group with deals in Commercial Real Estate being made all around you.
liaison between buyer and seller (Former Employee) –  SacramentoNovember 21, 2013
Cold calls by phone and in person. Finding the needs of clients and working hard to make their needs occur.
Pros
Making a strong contact
Cons
Grinding through the cold calls that are necessary
I am self employed
Administrative Assistant /Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2012
I am an administrative assistant to the owner of an accounting frim and this is a family owned business with no room for advancement.
Pros
i can set my own hours
Cons
i don't have any benefits
family owned business no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant /Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2012
Responsible for all aspects of day to day operations of an accounting firm, Manage A/R collections for unpaid accounts, Manage all A/R reports, prepare invoices for WIP billings for Tax problem, completed tax returns using Quick Books software, Prepare engagement contracts, CPA letters for clients, prepare FYE reports, Contact clients when tax returns are completed, format Quick Books accounts, create chart of accounts, restore Quick Books disk, maintain active and non active clients in Drake, Practice CS, Ultra tax and Practice solutions software, Assemble individual income tax returns, Answer phones, file reports, mail documents, Revoke IRS Power of Attorney, assistant for 7 accountants. The hardest part of my job is collecting overdue A/R, the most enjoyable part of my job is telling a client that they don't owe any money to the IRS or the State of Missouri for taxes.
Pros
free monthly lunches
Cons
there are no benefits