North American Breweries Employee Reviews

Who wouldn't want to work for a beer company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2018
Every day at North American Breweries (Genesee Brewery) was a fun, invigorating and ever changing experience. I learned manufacturing, food and beverage, collective bargaining contracts and was able to get involved in all aspects of Human Resources.

Management at NAB is going through many changes, I am excited to see the long term effects from all of this.

Same goes for the workplace culture. NAB is a purpose-driven beer company that prioritizes people, planet and profit as a way to improve their communities, impact the environment and grow the business. With the triple bottom line philosophy, NAB believes that the best way to run a profitable business is to work hard every day and be passionate about taking care of our communities and our planet.

Being a lean organization, the hardest part of the job was to receive more personal and professional development, gaining additional challenging work and becoming more strategically involved in decision making.

So much of my job and time at NAB was enjoyable. From the amazing employee tenure, company community investment, volunteerism, purpose and value driven recognition program and incredible benefit package, it is hard to pick one favorite aspect of the company.
It's ok
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brew HouseMay 10, 2018
The job was ok and the people there were friendly, but they also had people that talked behind your back. Plus, manager toke word from another employee before getting full story.
basic security work ie: patrol (vehicle) and cctv monitoring
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2018
walking to certain check points with toke.
when in office monitor cctv 30 cameras
maintain a log.
respond to any emergencies / medical or equipment /fire
monitor the unload of alcohol deliveries
Pros
pay was good
Cons
support limited
Sales team
Retail Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2017
Culture and people at NAB are hard working and great people to work with. The company at times needs to listen better to their people and not continue to make the same mistakes. Overall it is a great environment to work in but like any company changes need to be made to improve performance and growth.
Pros
outside sales, great people
Cons
lack of clear direction, miss managing funds
NAB is an OK place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 24, 2017
NAB is OK if you're in the right clique. There wasn't much room for advancement for me. That being said the company does offer great benefits, and does celebrate victories.
Brief but Enjoyable
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
I was a senior in college when I worked for NAB, and although I enjoyed the roll, I was still a full time student. I was let go because they needed someone with more time and a car, neither of which I had.
A Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2017
North American Breweries is a dynamic company to work for with some of the best beer brands in the Country. The benefits are great, but the camaraderie between the staff is what makes this place memorable.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great entry level sales job
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 5, 2017
Great trainer, and top management. Lots of job perks. A lot of networking with people from all aspects in life which could lead to another great career and many great friends.
Fun Atmosphere with many perks and great management
Retail Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work could vary from working at home on reports to being out in the trade all hours of the day by yourself or with a wholesaler rep visiting accounts both on and off premise. I learned a lot about beer, in most regards to the emergence of craft beer and how it is "changing the game" if you will. My direct management team was a great and a lot of the upper management in other areas were great as well. My team of co workers was also really great. Always helpful and there when you needed them. The hardest part of the job was sometimes balancing work and personal life as you were constantly out and even if it was for free time, work would alway be a topic of discussion. Also the area of which i was employed in was super difficult and i was not making enough money to live there. The most enjoyable part was the freedom of not working a Mon-Fri 9-5 job. It was flexible enough that if you needed to take time off or PTO, you could at anytime to do things such as dentist, eye doctor etc. Also having a company car and gas card was a very nice perk.
Pros
Company car, gas card, corporate credit card, great health benefits
Cons
Long day and nights, no real weekends, the area in which i worked
I would have liked to stay employed there but was only seasonal work.
Forklift Operator, Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at North American but it was only seasonal work. I enjoyed the hours the pay was good, safe, and great work environment. Co- workers were all on the same page. Team players.
Pros
good place to work plenty of work
Cons
seasonal only
Very nice Atmosphere, nice employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2015
Work is very casual unless something happens, accident, medical emergency. The most enjoyable about work is having a good work partner, one who watches your back.
Pros
non stressfull work
Cons
Night shift
Open work environment, with a great atmosphere.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2015
NAB is a fun place to work where there is always an event or work related function you can participate in. The office is mostly young professionals that are very driven and truly believe in the NAB brands.
Great and challenging place to work.
Director of Operations and Corporate Distribution (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2014
Great place with multiple sites around the US and Canada. Comany produces and sells a wide variety of beer brands. The brands are produced in facilities in both Canada and the US. Very good culture of Six Sigma and Continous Improvement
Good company. growth opportunities. Good corporate structure.
District Manager, Present (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 16, 2014
Good company. growth opportunities. Good corporate structure.
Dynamic and Challenging
Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) –  Buffalo New YorkOctober 6, 2014
Strong management and people across all functions.
A new company that will do well in the US beer industry.
Pros
Great industry.
exciting work environment
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 7, 2014
great paying job with amazing and exciting benefits, with a tradeoff of having crazy hours
great workplace
Bottle house operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2014
loved the brewery the people and the production level. very big company good for advancement.
Pros
pay, benefits, overtime
Cons
A highly seasonal industry.
Material and Finished Goods Planner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2013
As part of a highly seasonal industry, the time of year changes what is required in day to day processes in order to manage inventory for contract business and North American Breweries products.

Key skills learned in this position include inventory management, production material purchasing release management, inbound/outbound logistics, customer service and finished goods/packaging component set up. This mainly takes place during the peak season.

Being a relatively small company, there is very little room for advancement within the company.

The hardest part of this job is to remain challenged in the off season when the demands of the job are few. This is a period when production and demand is limited throughout the industry and mandatory shut down periods are a regular occurrence.
Pros
Four weeks vacation and the ability to interact daily with senior management.
Cons
Mandatory shut downs that use two weeks of vacation time, no sick days and little room for future advancement.
Excellent for anyone looking to start out in the industry
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Portland ORJuly 30, 2013
If you're looking for experience in the bottling/brewing industry this would be the place to go. If you're looking for experience in maintenance of brewing equipment run far, far away. After being hired on a year ago with the understanding that I knew nothing about brewing/bottling equipment and being told that I'd be trained I still know next to nothing about it. There is no training plan and zero communication and cooperation between department leadership. If you already know all you need to know and don't mind working in an unstable environment with inconsistent hours and a seriously small maintenance budget then this is the place for you. For anyone else it's merely a foot in the door and after putting my left foot in I'm taking it right back out. If this is any indication of how a bottling facility works I know I don't want to have anything to do with it ever again.
Pros
Excellent benefits, free beer, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Never any parts, no training program, zero communication/cooperation between department leadership
NAB Review
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 1, 2013
Worked under a very experienced and knowledgeable supervisor in the Breweries Continuous Improvement department for a 3 month Co-op duration. Loved the freedom of exploring the facility and conversing with the employees on the work floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Breweries. Our community is ready to answer.

North American Breweries Reviews by Location