North American Dental Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 14, 2018
After reading several of these "bad" reviews I figured I would chime in.

I have worked with this company for a little over a year and a half. I have had nothing but good experiences. Every job has its cons, so obviously there were some busier days, some days that went completley unplanned, and some days would get a little chaotic at times. But, this is dentistry, and anyone with experience in this field should know and understand that.

My personally experience has been really good, do I think they pay a little less than maybe what a private practice would pay? Yes. Do I feel slightly over worked at times? Yes. I mean these are all normal things you run into at any job.

After my year of employment, I did receive a raise and promotion. So I feel like there is defiently advancement opportunities.

I have been able to work at several different locations, and in doing so there is one thing I've noticed at each office... And that is how close the staff are. It's like a family. Doctors are great to work with, assistants are all awesome, caring people. Hygienists are just as willing to help as assistants, and office managers are great. The higher up management was more than willing to help me whenever I had concerns.

I guess moral of the story here, you can't look at someone's bad experience to reflect a whole company. If you are a hard working, and love caring for people, then this is a great career choice. Multiple employees have been with this company for 10-15 plus years. If it was that bad, they would have left. I have no intentions on leaving, and am very proud of
  more... this company. This is a real review from a real employee about to head to work in about 15 minutes...  less
Pros
Benefits, Pto, family like enviroment, bonuses
Cons
Slightly less average pay
If you like factory work.. this is the place for you
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2018
There is absolutely no work/life balance. It is all about the numbers and they work you until you are forced to quit. management is uneducated, cannot work with others well, too opinionated, and nothing any employee does is right in their eyes. When everything they do is wrong. (Most of the time) they all are extremely unprofessional. Work life is stressful, poorly scheduled, unorganized. Patients are just a number... it’s exactly like working at a factory/ assembly line ( even when they swear it’s not) I’ve never seen a place ran with such unorganization... kudos to management. Never get out on time or full lunch. There is ALWAYS pointless meetings everyday that get the company nowhere. Some times even more than once a day. This is not a place you want to work. And if it is.. only for a short while until you can find something else. Definitely not a place you want to be if you want to care about your patients/establish a relationship with them. Or let alone have an employer care about you cause they most definitely do not.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Getting off late, no lunches, poor management
Ok place to start for new dentists if you can't find anything else
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 18, 2018
In the office I worked at, I was luck that I had a decent team. Management from above is horrible. Our office regional manager was a total B****. The amount of unnecessary work that they force us to do was stressful. The way they collect and process reimbursement for insurance is slow. As a dentist working there, you will never get what you actually produce. I am always tracking my AR and they let a lot of uncollected portion pilled up. I have to constantly work on taking care of my insurance reimbursement. Several times when I talked to an insurance company about a particular claim, I was told that the claims were incompletely submitted and that is why I have not receive payment. They also pass on the Care Credit administration fees to you. I have always felt I was robbed by NADG as an associate for them. Also, they make you use cheap labs and use must use the limited number of labs they approve. Find another office to work at where they value you as a doctor. Don't go to work NADG unless you like to work hard and get very little paid.
Pros
You give supplies in fast
Cons
Poor collection to production ratios, too much past due and uncollected AR, they make you pay for Care Credit administrative fee, management is lacking
Waste of time
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 12, 2018
Worked here as a front desk coordinator for almost two years. I had endured abuse from patients coming in because they are constantly being lied to about appointments, treatment, and cost. Money is this company’s first priority. I was lucky to work with a great office manager but, otherwise was like being in high school again. Not to mention the wage was not adequate for what you have to endure on a daily basis.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Just say no, walk away.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
It's like high school, stressful, dramatic and petty. It's either one person's way or no way kinda deal. Granted the pay is very fair, amd the hours extremly flexable but the bullying isn't worth it. The favoritism and extreme lack of communication is exhausting. Good luck.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Upper managment
Management only cares about their own pockets
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
They don’t care about loyalty. They were only concerned about doing everything as cheap as possible. They did not pay well as far as the average pay for the job. Management was a nightmare to deal with. There is no HR department to voice any concerns to. Just all around a unpleasant environment.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Great company & great opportunity... If you want it!
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2018
I notice many low reviews but from my 8+ years with the company we have grown to become a successful Dental Service Organization.

Our core values, Compassion, Accountability, Relationships, Expertise, Integrity and Service are straight to the point of what it takes to be a successful company but most important successful individuals. I work with many great team members who live our core values both professional and most importantly... in their personal life.

The one thing I love about this company is that we try our best to "See People as People" and not "People as Objects". I can tell you know now that I am not perfect and at times fail at this but when you are surrounded with people who care about you and goals, you become successful in everyway.

Those who are not successful with our company have a hard time with believing in our core culture and won't become ambassadors. Those individuals have a great opportunity elsewhere.

I had work for two other Dental Service Organization. What makes us different is that we provide our doctors an opportunity to be successful without strict direction. You can tell that our managers and doctors have great empowerment to run their office, take are of their patients and do great dentistry.

Career advancement is available if you have the drive and focus for growing.

I highly recommend this family!
Pros
Caring Leaders, Great Vision and Values, Great oppportunity for advancement.
Cons
No 401k Match at this time
Trash
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 16, 2018
If I could give no rating at all, I would. This company is ridiculous. Their employees are disposable to them. I've never heard of them giving pay increases, even though they claim they do. They discriminate depending on how they feel about you on a personal level. They're extremely unorganized, unprofessional, and dirty. Nobody in there really knows what they're doing unless they've been there for multiple years and have grown accustomed to their culture. The higher ups do not care one bit about your personal life or if you have other obligations. The entire company as a whole is unethical and they treat their employees like zoo animals. They expect you to do any and everything for them, without giving you anything in return. It's sad. Save yourself.
Upper management is a joke.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 31, 2018
As long as you don’t care about the well-being of your patients, and you are okay with lying to patients about the treatment they need to be paid out more money then this is the job for you. Dentist are pressured to meet a quota given to them by management. In return the dentist pressure the staff to sign on to treatment that is not necessarily needed. Especially the patients with state funded insurances. Those insurance companies pretty much pay for everything so doc stacks up the treatment plan knowing he/she will get money. Yet the state insurance don’t pay a lot so schedules are over booked, people wait in the lobby for hoursz staff is rushed to flip rooms and get more people in. It’s horroble. Staff is over worked. Yet if a patient runs through your lunch hour expect to get no lunch but sent home early. No overtime! Your office manager won’t get there bonus if labor hours are over what they should be!!

This place is a joke.

By the way the people they hire for office management and the front desk have no dental history. And know absolutely nothing about procedures or dental terms. All they know is the word MONEY
Cons
Good place to get your experience and then move on.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 30, 2018
I knew I was in trouble when I went to a mandatory meeting with the Regional Director he said “I don’t believe in work/life balance, I believe in work/life BLEND.”
He was right, there is no work life balance. Especially not if you have bills to pay, because they will not pay you your worth. Whatever you accept upon starting is what you’re stuck with for the entirety of your time at this company because raises are imaginary, so negotiate high. Overtime is available if you don’t mind working yourself to death.
This is a great place to gain experience. I learned so much in my time here, but I struggled to stay afloat financially. Management will make promises that they cannot keep. I took this job with the promise of bonuses, raises, team outings and team building activities, holiday parties and more and not a single one of those things happened. The clinical staff is wonderful and were a family. The upper management is severely lacking.
The doctors are great, I loved working with every one that I worked with.
Paid time off and vacation time was generous. That’s the major plus, but it doesn’t make up for the far below average pay.
Pros
Pto, benefits, great people to work with in office
Cons
Low pay, high turnover, no raises, no incentives

Want to know more about North American Dental Group?

Ask a question
Overworked
Patient Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAMay 10, 2018
You are constantly working from the time you walk in the door until it is time to go home. You are micromanaged and constantly under the radar. Conversations with your coworkers are minimal because you are not allowed to talk to each other unless it's by email or Skype so that your conversations can be monitored. There are paper assignments for you to do every week on top of listening to calls. I left for something less stressful and more money for less than what they expect you to do. There is a high turnover rate because after a while the job becomes very stressful.
Cons
Short breaks, High turn over
Do not work here
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 9, 2018
If you love slaving away constantly getting yelled at with promises of rewards that never come, this is the company for you! The WORST managed company I’ve ever seen in my life. The hygienists, assistants and front desk bust their balls all day everyday for management to get bonus and our “budget” get continuously cut and have to use bottom of the barrel supplies with a slumlord office.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Worked like a slave
No regard for loyalty, employees and patients are treated like a number
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OH 44240April 27, 2018
I was in management for 4 years. Put under constant pressure to increase production but maintain budgets. I was very successful in doing so but when the company began switching employee pay to production only, I felt this was unethical as most people need at least a base salary. Also, raises were rejected, never a cost of living increase, and no matter how hard we worked and met all the metrics, bonuses were few and far. Management works a lot of OT without compensation as well as required to travel long distances without travel time or reimbursement. Faulty equipment also made the job much more challenging
Pros
I had a great team
Cons
No pay increases and no loyalty
The upper management only care about numbers
Office Manager and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2018
The working staff is the best part. All competent in the field they represent. Kind , caring team players. Then you are sold in to corporate dentistry .
When they come in and buy your practice .they say everything will stay the same. That is false., change is fine but why lie about it. Broken promises, lack of training , lack of basic dental knowledge in the upper management. Numbers are key, production defines your office . They drive out the current employees and try to bring in new staff with limited to no experience. The pay is a joke , no one wants to work for low pay, insurance with crazy copys and deductibles .This is not one of the reviews you read and say maybe the person is exaggerating the situation, it really is that bad. Who would take time to warn other people . You will certainly be wasting your time here.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Corporate dental
Terrible management, no care for employees
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 13, 2018
Management is very greedy. Promises you raises and bonuses when you will receive neither. They do not care about their employees at all. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Paid time off, free snacks/coffee, decent health benefits
Cons
Greedy company, no appreciation for hard work
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 11, 2018
A typical day is heavy data entry so we're constantly busy. I like the fact that the dress code is casual every day unless otherwise instructed. The employees are friendly and outgoing.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
gets stressful at times
Money hungry corporation. No reason to stay.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 7, 2018
Corporate only cares about numbers and percentages. Make as much as you can of the patients. Lots of worthless corporate jobs to hold up while the employees that bust their butts every day get no raises. Bonus system is a joke. Bottom of the barrel regional managers who do absolutely nothing productive. They pile more and more work load on clinical team then expect you to happily do more work with absolutely no reward. Run from this company unless you just need experience for your next job!!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low low pay
Very poor salary
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
This was a good place for me to start my dental career. I learned a lot and became great at what I do. Getting a raise is nearly impossible. After almost 2 years, they would rather let me leave, than offer me anything above my starting rate, that I got right out of school. They kept adding to my work load and list of responsibilities without compensating me for any of my hard work. All you ever hear about are numbers and goals. Employees are not valued or appreciated. I worked with a great team, and one by one, we lost good workers.
Pros
Pto, long lunch
Cons
The company is all about numbers and dollars
Run!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
Upper management is terrible. Work load is too much. You’re expected to work off the clock and after hours. Corporate Dentistry is for the birds. Don’t do it!
Pros
I can’t think of a single pro...
Cons
This Company
Stressful
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 4, 2018
Low low pay. Do not work there. Lied when they were brought out. Laid so many people off without notice
Awful awful awful awful.
No support
Money hungry
Pros
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Dental Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3