North American Dental Group Employee Reviews

Hyper growth dental company redefining the dso
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 16, 2019
North American is a great organization led by a group of very passionate leaders. While there has been a lot of change in the organization and the c-level leadership - I'm really confident in our path forward. You can feel the energy of the team and the true desire to deliver comprehensive dental care to our patients.

Some opportunity to partner closely with our field teams - "field first" initiative is a good start and excited to see what's next.
Pros
Great mission, wonderful leaders
Cons
Fast-pace and longer hours given growth trajectory
Great Culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Great office to work in. Never thought the management would take the time to talk to all the employees in the offices. Really surprised that they cared about what everyone had to say. Rapidly growing company with a lot of opportunities beyond just working in the offices. Really happy here!
Pros
good benefits, 401k with generous match, upward mobility
Cons
my commute to work
Don’t do it
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, CTJanuary 9, 2019
The company cares way more about the money then their employees or the patients. This company has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I would not recommend anyone to take a job with north American dental group. They expect way too much from their employees and do not compensate for the hard work. The pay is awful. NEGOTIATE HIGH! Because you will never see a pay raise & you WILL be overworked. Trust me!! They work the employees like dogs & since everyone in the office is just an employee don’t even expect a “thank you” when you go above and beyond because no one cares that you helped two patients at once at the same time and still helped your teammates too. They don't know what hard working employees they have because they never appear at the office. It’s a joke! One of my biggest career mistakes. Working for a privately owned company is the way to go. This company is a joke!! You’re just going to cause yourself headaches & months of anxiety by accepting. And I consider myself a strong worker. Save yourself from the stress.
Pros
Affordable medical
Cons
No Job Work/Life Balance
good company to work for
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PADecember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with this organization. They offered many opportunities to grow and utilize my skill sets. It was enjoyable to work with this group.
Best professional career move of my life
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  NationwideDecember 20, 2018
Management is second to none in terms of quality, emotional intelligence, and business intellect. Being a large and growing company change is managed with incredible tact and professionalism. There are a lot of different types of positions to tap into a lot of different skill sets. Training in a variety of means be it clinical, leadership development, or specific skills to the position are abundant. This is a place that listens to the creative entrepreneurial team member. So happy to be a part of this company!
Pros
Creative freedom to help drive company mission
Cons
Always room for improvement in benefits, even though they are competitive
The worst job I have ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Management is awful! I would never recommend this place to anyone. I would rather work in fast food and deal with that than work for North American Dental Group ever again!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Worst Management team ever, lack of training, not staffed properly. They will lie straight to your face and stab you in the back.
Horrible
AR (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PADecember 7, 2018
I got fired after 1 month of employment for calling off 2 days because my grandmother had emergency surgery . I was then told to reapply when my situation changes
Empty promises
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 1, 2018
This is a company that is out of touch with what is really happening in the offices they own. They don't listen to the employees. I worked for the company for 4 years as an OM in Indiana. When I put my 2 week notice in, it took a week for one person to reach out to me and let me know they got it. On my last day no one in HR called to do an exit interview, the regional never called, emailed, stopped in... Nothing. Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe this company. They fire doctors over the phone and replace them often. The emphasis in the office is money driven not patient care. If you want to be frustrated with the people you work for and be stressed out all the time because no one is listing to you then by all means work for NADG.
poor
EXPANDED DUTIES DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 30, 2018
company has a high turnover , poor management, lack communication, does not respect employees , neglects annual reviews, does not pay according to employees experience
Love this Organization
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHNovember 28, 2018
The group that I work with recently partnered with North American Dental Group, and it has been FANTASTIC!! They have been very accommodating to me and my team. We are able to get in touch with anyone in the ENTIRE Organization of North American Dental Group. They have offered our team so many benefits that a private owner could not support alone. I am excited for the opportunity to work in such a great atmosphere, and partnered with so many knowledgeable, friendly, supportive, and innovative people!!!
Pros
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, PTO and 401K
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 13, 2018
Not applicable, I still work for this company, I have nothing negative of positive to state, just looking for a new environment in a more challenging field.
Loved my coworkers but corporate is the worst.
EFDA Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 8, 2018
It's such a shame that corporations are so greedy. They care way more about the money then their employees or the patients. This company has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I would not recommend anyone to take a job with north American dental group. They expect way too much from their employees and do not compensate for the hard work. The pay is awful and you will never see a pay raise unless you are part of corporate. Bonuses are a joke. They only get your hopes up to tell you that you were so close but something came up that caused you to lose the bonus for the quarter. Corporate is full of some very greedy and heartless people that probably don't even care that I'm giving them such a bad review, because they are going to continuetrapping employees into their web of lies and making them work like dogs to make their pockets bigger. They don't know what hard working employees they have instead they get rid of people once they see that things are starting to work well for the office. This company is a joke!! This is why this office has so much turnover because no one can last long because of their bull. Trust me don't do it your just going to cause yourself headaches by applying. Save yourself from the stress.
Pros
Coworkers including the Doctor.
Cons
No raises, no bonuses, greedy company, no respect
Official response from North American Dental Group
November 15, 2018

Dear EFDA Dental Assistant,

It's disappointing to hear that you did not have a positive work experience while working with us. I appreciate your comment and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please feel free to contact our VP HR, Caroline Oldsey, at your convenience to discuss in further detail.

Brandy Sullivan
Recruitment Manager

It's another corporation!!
Part-time Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 29, 2018
its another corporation that sees their staff as replaceables instead of a family. Full time position will get the benefits but it's in PTO time , so if you don't work because your office is slow you loose hours and may be bumped down to part time with no warning. Part timers get nothing besides a pay check. My office I worked with it wasn't my staff but the corporation it's how the company manages the office manager, seem to not care if their employees and all about production and patient quantity and over all a stressful work environment.
Pros
My staff
Cons
Underpay, company has to much turn around
Opportunity for growth if you know the right person, at the right time
Hygiene (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 26, 2018
Management shipped me around multiple locations with no real goal in place to manage a large group of clinicians. Hired for one role, promoted to another role & then I was placed into a general management position with no guidance.
The meetings were always accompanied with excellent high quality snacks & food, but left a newbie wondering where the end goals were.
Pros
Beautiful headquarters, free food, networking, regional travel
Cons
Poor management, blind leading the blind, if you are fancy you are hired, low education requirements for particular positions
Love where they are trying to go, disappointed in execution
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 2, 2018
Although the organization was not a fit for me, I loved everything they say they are trying to do as a company. Providing the best care to their patients. I think as they continue to grow and want to be successful it's difficult to execute. Hopefully their retention of employees gets better.
Pros
Work life balance, good intentions, good compensation
Cons
Leadership changes often and quickly
Fun place to work
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 14, 2018
After reading several of these "bad" reviews I figured I would chime in.

I have worked with this company for a little over a year and a half. I have had nothing but good experiences. Every job has its cons, so obviously there were some busier days, some days that went completley unplanned, and some days would get a little chaotic at times. But, this is dentistry, and anyone with experience in this field should know and understand that.

My personally experience has been really good, do I think they pay a little less than maybe what a private practice would pay? Yes. Do I feel slightly over worked at times? Yes. I mean these are all normal things you run into at any job.

After my year of employment, I did receive a raise and promotion. So I feel like there is defiently advancement opportunities.

I have been able to work at several different locations, and in doing so there is one thing I've noticed at each office... And that is how close the staff are. It's like a family. Doctors are great to work with, assistants are all awesome, caring people. Hygienists are just as willing to help as assistants, and office managers are great. The higher up management was more than willing to help me whenever I had concerns.

I guess moral of the story here, you can't look at someone's bad experience to reflect a whole company. If you are a hard working, and love caring for people, then this is a great career choice. Multiple employees have been with this company for 10-15 plus years. If it was that bad, they would have left. I have no intentions on leaving, and am very proud of
  more... this company. This is a real review from a real employee about to head to work in about 15 minutes...  less
Pros
Benefits, Pto, family like enviroment, bonuses
Cons
Slightly less average pay
If you like factory work.. this is the place for you
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2018
There is absolutely no work/life balance. It is all about the numbers and they work you until you are forced to quit. management is uneducated, cannot work with others well, too opinionated, and nothing any employee does is right in their eyes. When everything they do is wrong. (Most of the time) they all are extremely unprofessional. Work life is stressful, poorly scheduled, unorganized. Patients are just a number... it’s exactly like working at a factory/ assembly line ( even when they swear it’s not) I’ve never seen a place ran with such unorganization... kudos to management. Never get out on time or full lunch. There is ALWAYS pointless meetings everyday that get the company nowhere. Some times even more than once a day. This is not a place you want to work. And if it is.. only for a short while until you can find something else. Definitely not a place you want to be if you want to care about your patients/establish a relationship with them. Or let alone have an employer care about you cause they most definitely do not.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Getting off late, no lunches, poor management
Waste of time
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 12, 2018
Worked here as a front desk coordinator for almost two years. I had endured abuse from patients coming in because they are constantly being lied to about appointments, treatment, and cost. Money is this company’s first priority. I was lucky to work with a great office manager but, otherwise was like being in high school again. Not to mention the wage was not adequate for what you have to endure on a daily basis.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Just say no, walk away.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
It's like high school, stressful, dramatic and petty. It's either one person's way or no way kinda deal. Granted the pay is very fair, amd the hours extremly flexable but the bullying isn't worth it. The favoritism and extreme lack of communication is exhausting. Good luck.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Upper managment
Management only cares about their own pockets
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
They don’t care about loyalty. They were only concerned about doing everything as cheap as possible. They did not pay well as far as the average pay for the job. Management was a nightmare to deal with. There is no HR department to voice any concerns to. Just all around a unpleasant environment.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Dental Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4