North American Dental Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 9, 2018
If you love slaving away constantly getting yelled at with promises of rewards that never come, this is the company for you! The WORST managed company I’ve ever seen in my life. The hygienists, assistants and front desk bust their balls all day everyday for management to get bonus and our “budget” get continuously cut and have to use bottom of the barrel supplies with a slumlord office.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Worked like a slave
No regard for loyalty, employees and patients are treated like a number
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OH 44240April 27, 2018
I was in management for 4 years. Put under constant pressure to increase production but maintain budgets. I was very successful in doing so but when the company began switching employee pay to production only, I felt this was unethical as most people need at least a base salary. Also, raises were rejected, never a cost of living increase, and no matter how hard we worked and met all the metrics, bonuses were few and far. Management works a lot of OT without compensation as well as required to travel long distances without travel time or reimbursement. Faulty equipment also made the job much more challenging
Pros
I had a great team
Cons
No pay increases and no loyalty
The upper management only care about numbers
Office Manager and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2018
The working staff is the best part. All competent in the field they represent. Kind , caring team players. Then you are sold in to corporate dentistry .
When they come in and buy your practice .they say everything will stay the same. That is false., change is fine but why lie about it. Broken promises, lack of training , lack of basic dental knowledge in the upper management. Numbers are key, production defines your office . They drive out the current employees and try to bring in new staff with limited to no experience. The pay is a joke , no one wants to work for low pay, insurance with crazy copys and deductibles .This is not one of the reviews you read and say maybe the person is exaggerating the situation, it really is that bad. Who would take time to warn other people . You will certainly be wasting your time here.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Corporate dental
Terrible management, no care for employees
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 13, 2018
Management is very greedy. Promises you raises and bonuses when you will receive neither. They do not care about their employees at all. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Paid time off, free snacks/coffee, decent health benefits
Cons
Greedy company, no appreciation for hard work
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 11, 2018
A typical day is heavy data entry so we're constantly busy. I like the fact that the dress code is casual every day unless otherwise instructed. The employees are friendly and outgoing.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
gets stressful at times
Money hungry corporation. No reason to stay.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 7, 2018
Corporate only cares about numbers and percentages. Make as much as you can of the patients. Lots of worthless corporate jobs to hold up while the employees that bust their butts every day get no raises. Bonus system is a joke. Bottom of the barrel regional managers who do absolutely nothing productive. They pile more and more work load on clinical team then expect you to happily do more work with absolutely no reward. Run from this company unless you just need experience for your next job!!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low low pay
Very poor salary
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
This was a good place for me to start my dental career. I learned a lot and became great at what I do. Getting a raise is nearly impossible. After almost 2 years, they would rather let me leave, than offer me anything above my starting rate, that I got right out of school. They kept adding to my work load and list of responsibilities without compensating me for any of my hard work. All you ever hear about are numbers and goals. Employees are not valued or appreciated. I worked with a great team, and one by one, we lost good workers.
Pros
Pto, long lunch
Cons
The company is all about numbers and dollars
Run!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
Upper management is terrible. Work load is too much. You’re expected to work off the clock and after hours. Corporate Dentistry is for the birds. Don’t do it!
Pros
I can’t think of a single pro...
Cons
This Company
Stressful
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 4, 2018
Low low pay. Do not work there. Lied when they were brought out. Laid so many people off without notice
Awful awful awful awful.
No support
Money hungry
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Overall great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 30, 2018
Good place to work, the upper management is a good team of people. Benefits, and compensation was on par in the management level. Training, and options for so were great. Communication lacked.
Excellent work environment
Associate Dentist, Full-Time (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 27, 2018
This company gave me the opportunities to grow as a clinician and develop time management skills. The staff work well together like a family and are always striving to improve their skill set.
Good place to start out.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2018
Good place to start and get experience dental assisting. You have the opportunity to go to different offices and work with different doctors to expand your skillset. Office managers will listen to your concerns and will help. Pay is far below average and hard to live off. Depending on the doctor, you will usually have a busy schedule and sometimes work through lunch. Overtime is available. Great PTO. Benefits are ok.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Very low pay
Too Focused On Growing, Not About Development
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 6, 2018
The company prides itself on growth, but not on developing the practices it already has. There are clear disconnects between the corporate office and practices, which is fueled by everyone at all levels having entirely too much on their plate. Nearly everyone in the entire company is delightful and easy to deal with, however there is entirely too much for many individuals to deal with.

Clearly a churn & burn approach with very little actual effort into developing the clinical staff to truly be "Best In Class". They continue to plug and play Doctors, Hygienists, Office Managers and Assistants rather than fixing the underlying things that are causing retention issues & poor reviews.

The corporate office tries to roll out incentive programs, but they are clunky and presented in a very muddled manner, while also being difficult to achieve.

There are little to no raises, despite a growing company that is seeing revenue increase. The health insurance benefits are laughable at best, especially when you consider the size of the company. In many cases it is cheaper to go to the doctor or a specialist and not use insurance, rather that use the high-deductible plan.

There are definitely highlights in the company, including HR, which headed by Caroline and team who are absolutely wonderful to work with.

There are a lot of people at the clinical level that pour their hearts & soul into their crafts and care for the patients that see little to no reward or benefits for their efforts.

I hope that this company is actually one day what it hopes and claims to be.
Great Mentorship & Cultural
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
The practice has new equipment, premium supplies & wonderful mentorship. I have learned a lot. The organization provides CE courses, full health benefits offered, etc..
Pros
Productive Schedule
Cons
productive schedule
Poor management
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Employees are over worked. Managers do not care about employees. Not enough time to treat patients and complete over selling of products. All about money and not about patients care.
Pros
Many locations to work at
Cons
No breaks, over worked, low compensation, poor management
Dental office Employees are not of any value to the upper management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 25, 2017
Upper Management has no understanding of dentistry or how a dental office works. They don't realize how difficult it is to find qualified employees. They expect a lot, but give nothing in return. Over the last year I worked there I noticed a big shift from patient care being the most important thing to money and paperwork. The culture of the company changed drastically and employees are expected to work with no hope of a raises. Incentive plan is a joke.
Pros
PTO days are ample, but can be denied if they cannot find someone to cover the patient scheduled
Cons
Raises are non existent and no clear way to earn one. No 401 k contribution by company
High pace, do not care about employees
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 10, 2017
I love my specific office and everyone I work with including the doctors. However the company does not seem to care much about there employees. There seems to be a high turnover rate and it is no surprise. After working there for almost a year and a half and asking for a raise, twice, they went about it by simply ignoring my request. They do however love to congratulate me on the months I make the "top three" high producing hygienist. They make it a competition by sending out a leader board every month so that you push your self to see as many patients as possible, or by selling products and taking x-rays. I am a health care provider, not a sales man.
Poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 12, 2017
Management consists of people with no dental experience, employees are treated unfairly, favoritism is also an issue, you get reprimanded and written up for the dumbest and most insignificant things, you do not get to face your accusers, it's a no win workforce, corporate dentistry nightmare ! Bonuses are promised, never received or hardly worth mentioning, very few and far between.....
Pros
Cons
Everything and everyone
over worked
Dental Assistant, Hygiene Assistant (Current Employee) –  austintown ohioAugust 3, 2017
poor management , no communication , poor wages they promise raises and never receive. would not recommend this job to anyone been with company2 years and still and starting wage and have had 3 different positions with more and more work load added
Pros
Cons
everthing
Dental/Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 26, 2017
A typical day was productive, not very professional, a lot of disorganization. What I learned was to be very cooperative and be a team player with co-workers. Management was unprofessional, not very personable or compassionate with the patients. The hardest part of the job was the change of office management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Pros
Benefits and 1 hour lunchs
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, and long work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Dental Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5