North American Lighting Employee Reviews

Productive and manageable work place
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at NAL was usually medium paced with great management. I learned how to operate a press, drive a tugger, and material handle. It also taught me how to handle certain situations in a respectable manner.I will say the hardest part of it all was taking care of 8 different presses until i got the hang of it. All in all the best part was all the walking i got to do and the friendliness of the environment.
Pros
insurance, money, 401k, overtime
Cons
short breaks, hot smocks
Factory Work
Data Entry / Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Flora, IL 62839August 12, 2018
Nal is a good job for people with in the local area, they have chances for advancement into better jobs. Transfers into other cities. Simple job if you can work long hours. Fast paced in some areas.
Progressive and leading company in technology innovations.
IT Security Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 6, 2018
A wonderful place to work for. Always have opportunities for advancement in the company. Always a good and positive environment to work in. Leading company in developing new headlight technology.
Very poor management.
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 5, 2018
This job has given me the experience I need quality wise to be able to get a better job with better pay. Hey good pay for the work we do. But they spend money everywhere but where it needs to be spent.
never enough
Molding technician (Former Employee) –  Paris IllinoisJuly 31, 2018
it is a decent place to work if you are only an operator and nothing more. it was quiet literally a dog eat dog work environment. upper management don't care what new hires say. take the words of lying senior personal. never investigate any incidents.
Cons
management and lairs
Great company to work for.
Lab Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 29, 2018
North American Lighting has help me grow and expand my supervision skills. Great automotive manufacturing company to work for. The engineering department works hard at supporting the customer's needs. The production manufacturing is well managed.
work summary
Environmental Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 25, 2018
Work stats early in the morning, will start by checking emails and from there I go through a schedule to see what testing I have for the day. When I find out what tests i have I will prepare my lab for the tests that are to be performed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of proper leadership
Good job...poor treatment of employees !!!
Machine Operator and Assembler (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 24, 2018
Everyone is not treated fair !!! Favoritism !!! Sometimes seem to make their own rules to apply to the employee !!! Lack of clear communication with workers, supervisors, and management !!!
Pros
Inside work year round !
Cons
Hot wearing smocks !!!
Great job if you can get into the right department
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 15, 2018
There are a lot of different things you can do here. They make headlights for several different types of vehicles. Quality department is super easy. Being out on the line in production is easy if you are building a lamp with low quality standards. If you're on a new launch expect 70 hours a week though. The first year I worked here I got 70 hours every week and this last year I transferred departments and have gotten 40 consistently.
Pros
4 ten minute paid breaks, allowed 7 points (being late is half point)
Cons
30 min unpaid lunch
Production Support Planner (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 13, 2018
There are many different roles at North American Lighting. I am a production support planner. I order parts, tools and maintain working relationship with over 40 technicians. I have learned a lot being in this position and still learning something new every day. Management is great, they work well with you and keep you motivated. The hardest part would be lack of communication. If something changes within my job or the way I need to do something, it is not explained until after I have done it the wrong way, and it needs to be redone and I have to try and figure out who I need to talk with about the correct way of doing it. I enjoy most of my days, some days are stressful, but that's with any position.
Pros
Company picnis, healthcare is great, there are lots of Pros to working at NAL
Productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunities, like the pay, vacation and insurance they provide. Most of the people there are very friendly and easy to get along with. You get two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch. Lunch rooms are clean and have a great variety of snacks, food and lunches.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 6, 2018
Sometimes chaotic but overall I like my job I get alone with everyone on my assembly line & other staff, their is a lot of down time and the warehouse is slow
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Same as other jobs
Ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 5, 2018
Company can be managed a lot better. Company doesn’t value employees. No one is held accountable for their actions from the office to the production floor. Stay to yourself and do your job and it will be an ok place to work.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No cafeteria, short breaks, unorganized
Great factory job
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 29, 2018
As far as factories go, this is the best one I've ever worked at. It's very clean and is always at a constant temperature. Everything you need is provided upfront at no cost to you.
Terrible Place
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJune 29, 2018
Worst job i ever had. Mandatory hours or your fired i work 67 days straight before my first off day, 12 hour shifts. Stressful everything. Dont do it. :)
Pros
Time &1/2 after 40 hours and double time on sundays
has great benifits but a home life is impossible,
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJune 28, 2018
they are a great place to work for with plenty of opportunities to move up and get higher pay, however, you might as well get a cot and move in because you will never leave with the amount of overtime you will work. If you want overtime this is a great place if you want to forget about your home life.
Pros
clean environment, multiple break rooms, plenty of promotion opportunities
Cons
Enormous amount of overtime, shady people
Great job with great pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at NAL, great environment with a decent staff. Pay was very good for the area . I worked in the warehouse sending parts out to the line to be ran for production. Lots of overtime with plenty of benefits.
Great if you love to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 22, 2018
You will be paid very well, but you will work a LOT of hours and not have much of a home life. Supervisors and line leaders didn't offer much help or guidance. Warehouse was slow and inefficient a lot.
Pros
Pay
Fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 4, 2018
A good place to work with good benefits. Long work hours if you have family. Great benefits for family.would recommend working at North American Lighting.
Pros
Good pay
Fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALMay 31, 2018
Hours are dependent upon parts needed. The previous day will determine what time you will need to be there the next day. Sometimes there are no parts and you will be sent home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Lighting. Our community is ready to answer.