North American Lighting Employee Reviews

good place
Machine Operator Quality Sorter (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALMay 8, 2018
its easy place to work we have fun and enjoy working in there, sometimes you have to stay a lot if its necessary, all employee trained very well, you learned a new skills...love the company no words
eh
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Flora, ILMay 5, 2018
It's alright. I would't want to make it a career. The benefits are good, but the company doesn't really care about its employees on an individual person. Also, you work a lot, I mean a lot and devote most of the life to the company.
Very Productive Work Place
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILMay 4, 2018
Can be very stressful with Long Hours and not a lot of room for family.
Good Pay, Great Insurance.
Very secure job with Lots of room for advancement without having a degree.
Very supportive management team
Head Lamps and Accessories (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 28, 2018
The managers would support in any situations that required assistance. Not to do the work but would provide the correct direction and required resources
Pros
Keep Sat and Sun to a minimum
Cons
LIve far from my family
They Listened to their employees
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Flora, ILApril 26, 2018
They held classes that were available through the college for you to attend and to better your self and to get credits. They also taught you how to problem solve and make sure that you could work through a problem and see and end result.
Pros
They helped when needed and listened
Assembly
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 25, 2018
Loved working with the company. Great team and management. I was lucky to be in the department i was in. Great staff that had a great understanding that their employees had a life outside of work and would help accommodate that to the best of their abilities.
Fast Pace
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 22, 2018
My role is support all department in making improvements. At present time we are in middle of several model changes. My role work close with the Engineering department. My day is planning layout in all 3 plants. Provide training for new hires on Kanban process.
Pros
My role not stressful
Cons
Change of culture
strict
Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 21, 2018
must make rate to leave on time
some supervisors stick to the book more than others
30 minute lunches are more like 20 minute lunches
must show up on time or points will be given
Great for my career
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 19, 2018
I learn valuable lessons at NAL, Japanese philosophy is very intense.through 6s, kaizan and muda. I gained great appreciation for lean manufacturing. The people I worked with and around were valuable assets in everyday experiences and played a key roll in our success .
Pros
Work environment, aiutomation and continuous improvement
Cons
Long hours, on call 24/7.
Pays good but can be a very stressful enviroment.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 18, 2018
Some of the upper management individuals play favoritism and let others get by with certain things over other employees. The pay is really good I use to make up to a grand a week if I would 12 hours a day for 6 days a week but depending on who you worked for made a major difference into whether or not your job was going to be stressful. I feel that they promoted the wrong individuals most of them would take it to their head and just boss people around that they didn't like. I do not agree with this environment, I feel that a true leader will help their team in achieving their goals instead of just standing by bossing them around.
Cons
high turnover rate, unfairness in certain aspects
pick and pack
National Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 17, 2018
Ceo was nice rewarding too, good hours and vaction. Great people to wpork with. Lots of satifaction and laughs hile working. Learned a lot aboutlights
Pros
Bonus
Nice Career
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 17, 2018
NAL has everything you would want to look for to advance your career. They have manufacturing, accounting, purchasing and so much potential. Great company and great benefits.
Opportunity for advancement
Assembly Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 17, 2018
Fast pace, long hours, safe, climate controlled work environment. Good communication between Management and Staff. Stable future in manufacturing catagory
Pros
Stable future with opportunity for advancement
temp
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 15, 2018
when I work for NAL it was thu a job temp service which I do not want to do agian cause you can be there one day and gone the next and if they do not have any work you are first they tell to leave .
Pros
good pay
Cons
streessful
stressfull workplace with good pay and benefit
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 11, 2018
AT Nal you typically get to work and start getting everything ready to run to run on line, Everybody has a set spot on the assembly line and you have to do the same thing for 8 to 12 hours a day 5 day a week so the work is repetitive. The biggest issues with the job our that there there is no set time to leave you come in at 4 and can leave anywhere from 12 to 4, also you never no if you have to work saturday until the day before, The mangement there is inconsistent there some good and some bad it just depends what department you are in. The Job does pay really well for the work that you do, and the insurance and other benefits are great, but the job can get very stressful and frustrated at time even though i wouldn't consider it hard work.
Pros
Pay, Beneftis
Cons
No set hours, Inconsistent management
fast paced and productive.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 10, 2018
Fast paced job. Godd attention span required. Clean environment and safety first. The most enjoyable part of the job was my department was drama free.
Pros
Lots of overtime + more money
Cons
short breaks for long shifts
Fast paced
Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 8, 2018
Management is pretty bad there. They don’t care if anyone has a family life. If they need you there you must be there or it’s a point even if it isn’t your shift to work. Coworkers are pretty great people.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Very productive.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muscle ShoalsApril 3, 2018
NAL has a nice work environment. Some survivors are nice and cool. i loved the hourly pay and the hours that i was getting regarding me having to be there from 5pm until 5am.
Cons
Short breaks. Short lunch breaks. Team leader not ever much of a team leader.
Ok place to work. But was over worked with no help with the workload.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 29, 2018
I started as a Circuit Design Engineer. But at some point I was reassign to be the Test Lab Technician.

At that point I was in charge of doing testing on head lamps, tail lamps and circuit boards and keep the Test Lab organized.

NAL had no Work Request and I've was given too many lamps and circuit boards for one employee to test them all at once. There were no one help me with this massive workload.

At times the Test Lab was a nice and quite place to work.
Pros
At time, a quite place to work.
Cons
Too much work given to only one person and no help with the workload.
Quality Sorter
Quality Sorter (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILMarch 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at NAL. There is always overtime and good pay. I did substained a work related accident and they didn't help me out after there workers comp doctor told me I needed surgery. Very disappointing and depressing how they let me down cause of a work related accident. I worked my butt off for that company and I made sure the quality of there headlamps was the best for our customers. Wish they would have been there for me when I needed it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Lighting. Our community is ready to answer.