North American Lighting Employee Reviews

Good company
Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Flora, ILOctober 19, 2018
A lot of room to grow. Great pay and as much over time as you want. Learn about the process and move up to quickly. Schooling reimbursement available.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Very fulfilling job - enjoyed the freedom to manage my own schedule
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 15, 2018
North American Lighting was the best company I've worked for. I enjoyed every day of the 20 years I was with them. I only directly reported to 2 different Directors during my 20 years. That says a lot about the stability of the company.
Pros
Freedom to manage my own schedule
Cons
Distance from home
Controlled environment, work not hard
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALOctober 1, 2018
This place is climate controlled, the work is not hard, but they wait to tell you when u have to work over at the last minute. The management is poor everything is last minute.
Productive and Fast Paced
WareHouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 25, 2018
It's been a few years since I worked at NAL but from what I remember, it wasn't that bad of a job. You might hear rumors from people complaining about the place but honestly the main complaint is just how many hours people put in during a week. You will work so many hours here, atleast that's the way it was a few years ago. If you don't mind working 40+ hours, its really not that bad of a place to be.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Forced Overtime
good pay thats it
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 23, 2018
Benefits and pay are good but too much overtime. The Management needs to improve their communication skills. They need to be more concern for us to have a outside life.
no fun just work for 8 to 10 hours a day
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 18, 2018
At NAL all they want you to do is show up for work on time if you cant make it call and tell them. You either got to use vaction time eto or pad time to cover that for coming in late,
Pros
10 hours of vaction a month
Cons
short breaks
Pays well but over worked
Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Tense work environments and way too many hours worked. They underappreciate their employees. They pay very well just need to get some employees attitudes and the way they treat people in check.
Excellent workplace with good pay per location
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Fast paced job with competitive salary plus excellent benefits. You must be willing to be a hard worker and have flexibility when it comes to your available work hours.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Hours
good benefits good pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Flora, ILSeptember 5, 2018
there is nothing hard about the job. As long as you show up and do your job there is not problem. the hardest part of the job is the overtime. Great company to work for.
Pros
weekends off and holidays off
Cons
management
Plant life
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 4, 2018
Great environment great people safe and clean work space . Great benefits and weekly pay I would refer anyone here. Also the hours are reasonable and over time
very clean
Press Operator / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 23, 2018
very clean place to work ! good pay and alot of overtime ! they do not care about there employees they are more concerned about the product and there quota then they are about employees
Pros
clean
Cons
short breaks
Lots of overtime
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILAugust 21, 2018
If you are not willing to work overtime this isn’t the job for you. Many weeks I worked more than 50 hours. But overall the pay was great and so was all the benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
So much overtime
I enjiyed working here
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company. The room for advancement was great. But not what I was looking for. They had paid training and omit paid decently.
Good pay/miserable place to spend your life.
Coatings Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 21, 2018
Hard to explain, a number of happy memories, and a lot of truly miserable, deeply-unhappy memories; several nice people, but lots of bitter and miserable people, too; any ambition to advance is found out and suppressed; any boat-rocking (even for the good of the company or employees) will bring attention/vilification that will never go away; would advise anyone who can find any other job to take that other job; this is a good place to save up a bunch of money and then leave; I can't imagine what sort of terrible state I would be in if I spent 10 or 20 years in that place.
Always ask if in question! Do not be afraid to report unruly management. Otherwise, admirable benefits and pay.
New Launch Team/Production (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 20, 2018
The setup for money making is easily worked and well understood, without heavy stress. Usually there is overtime that is mandatory and often volunteer for extra as well, even holiday pay (that is usually volunteer to work) double for day of work if you are working and standard holiday pay. Not all management is bad, however, team leads, supervisors, and maintenance have been known for treating employees poorly for unjustified reasons (I would recommend reporting any unruly persons to proper management and not just the ones that you can see, dig to find out who the plant managers are to help bring peace to the workplace, and to help insure your own job, especially if immediate management cannot resolve). My paychecks never had a minute missing and I received raises accordingly, without having to remind anyone.
Pros
Benefits, temperature controlled, consistant work, pay scale.
Cons
Mandatory overtime. Often new management with no clue and hot heads.
Productive and manageable work place
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at NAL was usually medium paced with great management. I learned how to operate a press, drive a tugger, and material handle. It also taught me how to handle certain situations in a respectable manner.I will say the hardest part of it all was taking care of 8 different presses until i got the hang of it. All in all the best part was all the walking i got to do and the friendliness of the environment.
Pros
insurance, money, 401k, overtime
Cons
short breaks, hot smocks
Factory Work
Data Entry / Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Flora, IL 62839August 12, 2018
Nal is a good job for people with in the local area, they have chances for advancement into better jobs. Transfers into other cities. Simple job if you can work long hours. Fast paced in some areas.
Overall good and if you like country living it's perfect
Priviate (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work has a lot of flexibility little unorganized at time, but it comes together. The Departments need to work cross-functionally. Has a really good program for young professionals.
Pros
Advanced and interesting product
Cons
organization, growing fast
Progressive and leading company in technology innovations.
IT Security Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 6, 2018
A wonderful place to work for. Always have opportunities for advancement in the company. Always a good and positive environment to work in. Leading company in developing new headlight technology.
Very poor management.
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 5, 2018
This job has given me the experience I need quality wise to be able to get a better job with better pay. Hey good pay for the work we do. But they spend money everywhere but where it needs to be spent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Lighting. Our community is ready to answer.