North American Midway Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Game Operator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Enjoyed the work travel and the best support team in the business pay is great for what you do it is different kind of a life stile the freedom to be you and find out what life is really about
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Hard work the heat of day in the sumner
Abusive Managment
Shop Worker, Ride Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 18, 2018
This company did not pay for hours worked, harassing and abusive staff and management, no time off, no vacation, dangerous working conditions, no compensation.
Pros
Cons
abusive staff
Great place of employement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Excellent place of employment always worked with great people skills and an equal oppertunity employer we had excellent healthcare and great employment stock options and time off in the winter months
Pros
Alot of days to yourself when needed
Cons
Healthcare was excellent and reasonable priced
overall
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INDecember 14, 2017
A typical day at work was surrounded by customers at all times. The hours were 12-14 hours a day. The hardest part was surrounded by people at all times. The most enjoyable was seeing that the children were happy.
Pros
free rides
Cons
Wonderful job with great people
Culinary Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmland, IN 47340December 12, 2017
NAME is a one of a kind experience. Everyone thinks carnival work is for low life criminals, but that's not the case at all. It was a blast to work there and to meet new people and make memories with them. Some of my fondest memories were at the carnival that comes around every year and to know I could be a memory for another child was a blessing. The days are long and the work is hard, but it is absolutely worth it. The only thing I couldn't handle was the living situation, but that was entirely on me. If I were better suited for that on the road life, I would've absolutely stayed there for years to come. I highly recommend this job for anyone who needs a break from the norm and wants to see parts of Indiana and Michigan. There are also opportunities to go to other states once the season is over with. I loved this job and hated to leave it.
Pros
the whole experience
Cons
living on the road
Fun place to work with travelling opportunities.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALDecember 4, 2017
Working for a fair is pretty fun, but this fair is extremely fun. They also offer to take you eith them for the whole summer tour of the fair, while you work with them all over North America.
Pros
Fun, relaxed, never boring
Cons
short breaks, outside, expensive food
long hours, lots of traveling
Ride Operations Section Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 17, 2017
typical day would consist of either setting rides up, operate ride, or tear down the ride depending what day it would be.

I learned so much about customer service and operations supervising.
taught a lot of new employees the work fundamentals.

Management was good to those who were willing to go above and beyond.

Workplace was very fast paced, always busy, and lots of hours. Co workers were anywhere from friendly hard workers to lazy who did not usually last long.

Hardest part was dealing with those who did not want to put in the work effort leading to me having to pick up their slack.

Best part of the job was finishing the rides and watching happy customers enjoy something you help put together that not many people can say they have working on in life.

I really enjoy helping customer/ guests and making their experience an unforgettable one.
Pros
travel
Cons
management
Got to know different types of people work was really good but it was fun
Ride operations (Former Employee) –  Jackson MississippijOctober 10, 2017
I learn how to maintenance rides met different people from all over in general it was an awesome job got to visit different states team different stuff I enjoyed it
Pros
got to see different parts of the country meet different people
Cons
Lots of long hours
long days and nights
Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INSeptember 12, 2017
i enjoyed working for the company until told " you need to show your new manager how to do his job " Hard work not rewarded. most employees are very over worked
Pros
travel is paid
Cons
lack of respect
Work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INAugust 18, 2017
This is a very complex company, it takes a certain mindset to work for them. It's very hard work probably the hardest most people will ever do physically and mentally.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No overtime
Disaster job and no schedule
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2017
This company got a half of sicken employees and the managers like to humiliate in front of customers. Some machine be reported because security for customer and never handle it. Circus train derailment every time, treasure island found leaking hidraulic oil and never attend to, bunkers trailer get a unfixed bathrooms and air conditioner goes down all time. Some of my friends got fired because of miss unorganization and some managers take chosen employees to make every night drugs traders like weed selling $200 per ounces. Washing money stuff.
Pros
paid at time
Cons
no resting time, no free day, all things gonna be fast and some machine like treasure island leak hidraulic oil.
Great place to work and live for those who can handle it
Traveler, Operator, Food prep, Vendor (Former Employee) –  TravelingJuly 12, 2017
It's not really a job. It's more of a lifestyle, one not suited for everybody. It takes a toll on the body and mind, but the level of freedom you get from roaming the north american continent with a baron group of social outcasts is unparallelled if you find yourself receptive to it. If you enjoy making people smile, don't mind traveling, can take the stress, and don't mind being hounded, then it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free board, constant travel
Cons
Complete dependence on the company
Fun work invirement
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 22, 2017
The company is one of the biggest carnival companies in America, I enjoyed working for them and learned everyday so much not just in the company but about other cultures as well. Working overseas is a life changing experience, so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone and conquered this for two years.
Productive, fast paced and friendly people
Server (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton on the Bay, FLMay 4, 2017
The traveling from state to state and friendly faces will truly be missed. It was a very exciting, well maintaied and adventurous job. Working with people from all across the world was something that I really enjoyed living with them and experiencing different cultures.
Pros
Being rewarded for doing an excellent job.
A great place to work as long as you don't get involved in the everyday drama
Concession Stand Worker (Current Employee) –  USAApril 9, 2017
Great hours. ..good pay....free housing. ..free rides ...stay out of trouble and all will be wonderful.. This is my second season with NAME came back because it is a good company
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Short sonetimes no breaks
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers.
Ride Operator & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Byram, MS 39272January 15, 2017
Every day was a new experience filled with joyful surprises. I learned a lot at N.A.M.E. From technical work to customer care. The management and co-workers were a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was setting up the rides, and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday and exploring new things everyday.
Pros
Fair lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Not always sure where I stand
Ride Operator And Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INJanuary 13, 2017
Its an awesome job to work overseas with but the long hours and harsh living conditions make it a tough job to do , management can be cruel at times and the salary is not always amazing and changes from week to week.
Pros
Good Cash
Cons
Long Hours
Supervise Employees
Ride Supervisor/Welder/Driver/Manager/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 11, 2016
Typical day starts early to motivate crews to get repairs and installations done. Work is almost 24hrs a day. Coworkers are great to work with. Hard part of job is when I am managing people they have different views and values so adjusting myself to figure out on how to motivate employees to do what is right for the company and customers.
Pros
Work hard and accomplishing tasks feel good
Cons
Hard work
Terrible work enviorment
Amusement Forman and Ride Operator/Personal Driver (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 19, 2016
16-18 hour work days with no breaks. Almost had to file a lawsuit to be payed backed wages. Management hires foreign workers and treats them terribly.
Pros
Not at all what it is cracked up to be!!
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 8, 2016
Long hours. There are great bosses. But there are also the ones who treat you badly and publicly humiliate you. Name is not a bad company just have bad companies booking into them. For example: Smiling Camel Concessions. The owners of this operation love to humiliate their new employees and promise them pay. When it comes time to pay you..they lie and try to give you the complete opossite of what was promised. I quit due to public humiliation. The owners Jeff (Stretch ) and Arlene his wife are awesome liars. I worked 48 hours and was told I would make 100 dollars a day salary. As stated I left due to public humiliation and complete disrespect as a person. I went to get my pay and they only tried to pay me 128 dollars. You work 12 to 14 hours a day. I refused to sign the paper or take the money. I went through proper protocol to receive my money then the lot man after helping me get my pay through me off of the property. I did not argue with anyone..just followed proper chanels. All carnivals have bad ones in their bunch. But I have never seen two people like this in my life. Why mistreat people. It was North American Midway that through me off of the lot though. This was in Tulsa Oklahoma. Just if you ever work for them and they are booked with Smiling Camel concessions..do yourself a favor. Please do not work for this company. They are very ruthless people and lie to do anything to not pay their employees. In 4 days 9 people walked out on them and there is a good reason for it. If only the public seen both sides of a carnival. They are in middle of a law suit right now for  more... treating their employees from south Africa badly. And I now have cause for a suit myself. Please note that they disrespect the south Africans who are human beings. It is not all of this show. It is some bosses. There are some wonderful people!! But the Lot Man here named Gary had no reason to throw me off the lot then tell me he is friends with all of Tulsa's cops. I didn't due anything wrong except refused to be paid hardly anything for my work when I was promised something else. I see ked help then got thrown off the property. Karma is not good baby!!  less
Pros
Seeing different places and meeting new people
Cons
Promise one pay to give you another, Will not defend you unless you own a show, Long hours with no appreciation by SOME not all bosses, Will throw you off their midway for trying to do the right thing and follow protocol.