North American Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Review
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2018
Fast paced, loved it! Loved the culture and atmosphere of employees.
Some days you had a lot of files if the interest rates were low and other times when the interest rates were higher, we were helping other departments.
Productive and Fun
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Good Place to work, environment. Good manager. Good opportunity for advancement. Good benefits and pay is okay. PTO time is great and the advantage of the holidays off.
Unstable
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2017
This company is unstable. Many folks were terminated because the bank was not poised for growth. They fired people without any rhyme or reason. It was a big mass layoff. Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there. They fired the VP of Sales for choosing favorites. Which also seemed to be their termination policy.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
Good
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJune 30, 2017
Good place to work, good management team. The pay was good for the job and there is always room to grow as long as you are preforming well and meeting you goals.
Nasb
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2017
NASB is a good company to work for overall, however, management lacks experience. Co-workers seem like they get promoted based on personal relationship with upper management. The company overall has good benefits.
Horrible Culture/Management
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
As far as mortgage origination, there are much better companies to work for. They do provide the typical lending tree, military.com, etc. leads but they also are constantly hiring Loan Consultants so the leads can get spread thin at times. The environment is defenitely a "good old boy" club. Only about half of the team leads actually do anything and actually know anything. My team lead had no business managing people and did absolutely nothing on a daily basis except surf the internet for news, potential homes he could buy, etc. I rarely had interaction with him but when I did he was very condescending and rude. I was warned about his reputation and he lived up to it. There are so many mortgage companies in the KC area and very glad I got out of there.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule, leads provided
Cons
Management, Culture, Benefits
stressful, over worked, high turn over
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 9, 2017
I worked from 8 -5, I learned that there is no real training you basically learned on your own.

Management did not really know my job, I very seldom received any help when I ask. I was always put on hold for day and weeks at a time. Sometimes never got the answer needed.

The work place was tense never had any fun times.

The hardest part of the job was coming in everyday.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to lunch and home.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Ok to work for if you like banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2017
I enjoyed my customer service interactions and enjoyed performing teller duties. The staff was very friendly, but there was a high turn over of managers. I was there 3 yrs and had 5 different managers. The frequent change in management was stressful and unpleasant. Besides the constant change in management styles and expectations, it was a good place to work.
Built to fail
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
We were pushed to sell loans to customers we know couldn't pay it back, the focus was more on "being friends" with each other rather than professional relationships (which made it difficult to get certain people to do their job).
Great bank to work for!
Commercial Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
in the beginning, this bank didn't seem to know what direction they wanted to go

they've made some management changes and have made hired a couple good people in the past couple years

the environment is improving and the company culture is FINALLY getting to what it should be!
Pros
casual, challenging atmosphere
Cons
fast-paced, high volume can require long hours
Loan processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
management plays favorites and those favorites get the big promotion. Low pay and a embarrassingly high turn over l. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
None-occasionally a title co will bring lunch
Cons
Training and management
challenging work with great management
Construction Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOFebruary 11, 2017
First time working for a bank. Been here several years now and upper management have made several management changes with new hires and the new managers have made a lot of process changes

At first, wasn't sure about all the changes and new management hires - but starting to see how the changes and new management are actually making changes that help everyone in the end - finally have a couple of really nice managers who seem to care about everyone

Overall, really happy here - hoping for more advancement offers soon once all changes are in place and going well
Pros
Paid birthday vacation day
Cons
Healthcare premiums a little much
Job for you if you are into Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2017
NASB offers a high ceiling in advancement and management is willing to help you succeed at what you do.

I wish there were more group activities to get people out of there cubes more often just to keep the morale high, because like any job it can be stressful at times.

Overall great place to work and i love how involved management is with their employees.
Stay out of the mortgage center if you can!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2016
All the negative comments about this company are true. Stay away from this company, especially at the mortgage center. They have brought in an outside consultant, and for good reason. There is a disconnect between co-workers on what everyone does in their job, leading to disagreement on who is doing what. If you want a cubicle job with little interaction with co-workers, then this is the job for you. Management is made up of past underwriters and processors who don't care about you as a person, they are just in it to advance the company. Communication between loan officers and staff is unprofessional and rude. More responsibilities are given to you without a pay increase. Management does not listen to your suggestions on how to improve the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unprofessional staff, lot of work for little pay
Do not work here.
Construction Loan Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2016
Management is not focused on developing employees. They spend all their time goofing around and then drive the hourly employees to work harder than the salaried employees.
Toxic environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2016
I worked for over 10 years with NASB and planned on making it a career, but the micro-management is horrible. They are wholly focused on bank growth and the bottom line while regularly letting good, long term employees go for bogus reasons. At this company, its not what you know or how well you do your job, but whether or not you are up for being a puppet with well pulled strings.
benefits
Cons
bottom line driven, micro management
Great place to work but bad management
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 17, 2016
I loved working here because of the customer relationships I built and also my co workers were excellent. We got paid well, plus bonuses which was nice and you always felt important. The management of my branch was a little off and they could be very rude and micro manage, which led to a high turn over rate there.
Fast paced work environment
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2016
The most enjoyable portion of my day is spent helping customers to be able to better manage their financial futures. The training program is great. It can teach someone with no previous mortgage experience how to originate loans.
Great Place to Work!!
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2015
From the beginning I felt part of a team because well you become close with people you see everyday. I liked that while maintaining a professional atmosphere we could still have a relaxed work environment where everyone knew what to do and when to get it done. Great training program.
Pros
Free food and coffee!!
Cons
N/a
Unhealthy work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 14, 2015
It is a very negative work environment. Negative reinforcement. The employees are torn down and never built up. No ability to move up.
Pros
Good health insurance and decent pay. Good for students starting out.
Cons
No upward mobility, Do not promote from within, Branch manager is not a people person, extremely negative work environment, Branch manager wants bodies there no concern for well-being

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8