North American Savings Bank Employee Reviews

NASB was a great place to work. Well compensated and extremely competitive
Senior Sales/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 13, 2018
Very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere to work. Had a nitch product that made NASB very competitive within the mortgage industry. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Good commission structure and close to home.
Cons
slow processing &/or underwriting at times.
Horrible company!! Stay away!
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MoSeptember 14, 2018
The negative reviews are true here! Take them as a warning!

The company has horrible training. The training doesn't prepare you for the full position. You basically have to learn on your own. You have to be perfect at your job. The management punishes you for making mistakes. Making mistakes will get you fired!! Saw it happen to many employees. Even though during hiring and orientation they tell you the job can take some up to 6 months to a year to learn. Do not contact HR, it will get you fired as well. The do not back their employees or help them. Employees are belittled and treated horribly. Employees in branches are very "click" like. Many will back stab others in the back. Managers in branches do the same. Your job isn't protected at all. You will have to walk on ice and have watch everything you say and do. I worked for a couple of years. Left once I found a better company to work for. HIGH turn over. Constantly changing rules. Unstable and harsh and toxic work environment. To survive, you have to really kiss up to management. This company isnt about their employees or customers. It all about that buck you can make them.
Benefits
Cons
The whole company!
knowledegable
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJune 15, 2018
Been banking with this Bank for years their hospitality is great. the mortgage department has a lot of knowledge, they work with you and help you through the rough parts
Pros
good company
Cons
Pay
Review
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2018
Fast paced, loved it! Loved the culture and atmosphere of employees.
Some days you had a lot of files if the interest rates were low and other times when the interest rates were higher, we were helping other departments.
Watch your back with co-workers
employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MOJanuary 15, 2018
Company plays favortism to certain people. If a closer cannot do their job they create another one for them. Some are isolated from the rest of the department and not included in their social events or conversations. A lot of gathering for hours talking and laughing instead of work. No long term or guarantee jobs. Hire too many people told by management they would not lay off people that they planned this for future business growth. Major layoffs does not matter how long you have been there all favorites are always kept.
only certain people were allowed special hours. otherwise 8-5

I loved my job there
Pros
money was good
Cons
mgmt has favorites, employment not guaranteed, favorites work from home and special people different hours than others
Productive and Fun
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Good Place to work, environment. Good manager. Good opportunity for advancement. Good benefits and pay is okay. PTO time is great and the advantage of the holidays off.
Unstable
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2017
This company is unstable. Many folks were terminated because the bank was not poised for growth. They fired people without any rhyme or reason. It was a big mass layoff. Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there. They fired the VP of Sales for choosing favorites. Which also seemed to be their termination policy.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2017
The company provided enough work volume for you to meet your goals of compensation. But when it came down to loyalty to a employee, they did not have that.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
REO LEGAL DEFAULT FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and enjoyed my co-workers and the management team was also very helpful. I would have continued employment there but I relocated to another state.
Good
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJune 30, 2017
Good place to work, good management team. The pay was good for the job and there is always room to grow as long as you are preforming well and meeting you goals.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2017
NASB is a good company to work for overall, however, management lacks experience. Co-workers seem like they get promoted based on personal relationship with upper management. The company overall has good benefits.
Horrible Culture/Management
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
As far as mortgage origination, there are much better companies to work for. They do provide the typical lending tree, military.com, etc. leads but they also are constantly hiring Loan Consultants so the leads can get spread thin at times. The environment is defenitely a "good old boy" club. Only about half of the team leads actually do anything and actually know anything. My team lead had no business managing people and did absolutely nothing on a daily basis except surf the internet for news, potential homes he could buy, etc. I rarely had interaction with him but when I did he was very condescending and rude. I was warned about his reputation and he lived up to it. There are so many mortgage companies in the KC area and very glad I got out of there.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule, leads provided
Cons
Management, Culture, Benefits
Senior Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
NASB's mortgage department is great for telesales pros. Middle management lacks consistency and advancement opportunities. The job culture is based on working as long as possible to make as much money as possible.
Pros
High income potential
Cons
Middle management lacks experience
stressful, over worked, high turn over
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 9, 2017
I worked from 8 -5, I learned that there is no real training you basically learned on your own.

Management did not really know my job, I very seldom received any help when I ask. I was always put on hold for day and weeks at a time. Sometimes never got the answer needed.

The work place was tense never had any fun times.

The hardest part of the job was coming in everyday.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to lunch and home.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Ok to work for if you like banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2017
I enjoyed my customer service interactions and enjoyed performing teller duties. The staff was very friendly, but there was a high turn over of managers. I was there 3 yrs and had 5 different managers. The frequent change in management was stressful and unpleasant. Besides the constant change in management styles and expectations, it was a good place to work.
Time to learn and grow
Govt Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
You will learn a lot working here. Fast and furious, nothing is written in stone and everything closes. What is good today is not tomorrow but we can do it anyway. Crazy, but lots of fun and lots of conflict all at the same time. Lots of long term employees, but it depends on what department you work in. Compensation is good across the board with good benefits and everyone gets nice Christmas bonus every year. If you want to learn in a fast paced environment this is a great company to work for. They have mentoring programs and promote from within. This job definitely enhanced my employability and provided me with a great education. I will always be thankful for my experience here and will apply what I have learned to advance my career. Working here landed me an opportunity that I would have otherwise never qualified for.
Pros
Money, training
Cons
Typical mortgage workplace conflict
Built to fail
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
We were pushed to sell loans to customers we know couldn't pay it back, the focus was more on "being friends" with each other rather than professional relationships (which made it difficult to get certain people to do their job).
Great bank to work for!
Commercial Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
in the beginning, this bank didn't seem to know what direction they wanted to go

they've made some management changes and have made hired a couple good people in the past couple years

the environment is improving and the company culture is FINALLY getting to what it should be!
Pros
casual, challenging atmosphere
Cons
fast-paced, high volume can require long hours
Loan processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
management plays favorites and those favorites get the big promotion. Low pay and a embarrassingly high turn over l. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
None-occasionally a title co will bring lunch
Cons
Training and management
challenging work with great management
Construction Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOFebruary 11, 2017
First time working for a bank. Been here several years now and upper management have made several management changes with new hires and the new managers have made a lot of process changes

At first, wasn't sure about all the changes and new management hires - but starting to see how the changes and new management are actually making changes that help everyone in the end - finally have a couple of really nice managers who seem to care about everyone

Overall, really happy here - hoping for more advancement offers soon once all changes are in place and going well
Pros
Paid birthday vacation day
Cons
Healthcare premiums a little much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9