North Arkansas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJune 18, 2018
I loved my patients and my co-workers. However, managment is horrible. This place is understaffed and overworked. Nurse to paitent ratio is horrible. I would have up to 10 patients at a time.
Pros
Friendly nursing staff
Cons
understaffed
Stay away from the Lab
MLT (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ArMay 3, 2018
If you are an MLT, DO NOT go here. You will make $12-$14 starting out, with crazy hours and DRAMA. You can make $18 an hour as a newly certified tech out of school at places like Baxter, Mercy, and Cox. Heck, do an eight week CNA program and make close to $20 in this area working with the elderly. I promise if you work here, you will regret it. With the exception of a few, section supervisors within the laboratory are toxic. Please run. If you do decide to go through with it anyways, negotiate hard with HR over salary. Do not accept any salary that is less than similar hospitals. Believe me, money will be the only thing keeping you there after a while.
Pros
Cheap health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Management and Administration do not care about the employees. Year after year it appears more obvious. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Office (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJanuary 27, 2018
Management and Administration encourage the employees to come to them with issues or concerns and then they do nothing about it or the employee is punished in some form.
There are managers and directors who can not do what they expect their employees to do. Some go as far as having an employee do something that is required of them to do but they fail to get it done and put on an employee. Leadership is a joke.
The employees are not treated the same and what one is disciplined for their coworkers are not and this also happens with the pay. I've seen this first hand and it is not right.
Communication is also lacking.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership, Communication and Equality
They do not value their employees
A member (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 7, 2017
When you are a Manager or Leader in a company you should be able to perform the duties that you expect your employees to do. You should be able to provide assistance to and for your employees if and when needed and definitely provide leadership and support to and for your employees. Communication and honesty is a necessity. Appreciate and Value your honest, hardworking and loyal employees.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Management/Administration

Comment – January 29, 2018

There are some really good and talented people working there but Management/Administration is going to run them all off because those people actually have morals and values and administration don't want people like that ..

Behavioral Health
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 11, 2017
I did not like this job at all . The people I worked with was the most rudest people that I have ever worked with. I really wanted to work here and was very disappointed in the care that I witnessed. I left this job crying everyday. I felt that my skill set could be better used in another setting.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
work enviroment
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 29, 2017
Great place to work. Managers are friendly and the employees as well. everyone works as a team and gets along. good benefits and paid time off. Loved working here.
Pros
Great medical benefits, Friendly employees.
Cons
wishy washy & terribly micro managed
minion (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 18, 2017
The admin is very concerned with public appearance, and not so much with keeping the staff happy. Great benefits, lousy pay. It's best to keep your opinions to yourself while working here.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
poor morale, low pay, cafeteria is a joke
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Marshall, ARAugust 11, 2017
Good place to work. You can tell they care about their employees, paid time off is based on the amount of hours you work. Friendly staff and supervisors, definitely recommend for others to work here.
Steady work but poor environment
Clean Linen Tech (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work involved sorting, drying, folding, and delivering clean linen. The work itself wasn't so bad however the place had a very negative vibe towards what was considered the lower positions in the hospital.

There were a lot of sweet and caring people however that shouldn't be defined by the rest of the employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that I was constantly moving doing what was needed. I enjoy positions that keep me active and alert.

I think the worst part of the job was that there was no sense of completion at the end of the day as the job was very repetitive.
Pros
Consistent schedule and you know what to expect
Cons
Harsh managers
Great team members...
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJuly 25, 2017
Loved working there after I got through HR which took several weeks. My supervisor was terrific and the training was fine. We had a good team and flex hours.
workplace
paramedic (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 19, 2017
typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part of the job
typical week at work
whaty th
its okay
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 7, 2017
It is a hospital in a rural community that many surrounding towns use. You can get a lot of experience here. There are not many raises and nursing turnover is very high
Okay
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 19, 2017
It was very under staffed, and your patient load was very demanding. The hospital is owned by Doctors and it was a very backwards non team oriented place.
expect to give everything for nothing in return
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 5, 2016
can not keep help because they treat employees like dirt, expect them to do three peoples work for minimum wage while professional staff stands around looking down their noses at you.
So unhappy
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 24, 2016
I work with some amazing co workers. Managment is a joke. Rude and doesn't know how to do the job. If you dont "friend certain people" you will go no where. You try, but its never good enough.. Do not work here. Pay is terrible and you work your butt off.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Pay, managment
Loving Atomsphere
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 18, 2016
This is the first time I have ever worked for a hospital and I went in thinking that I wasn't going to be able to handle the daily stress that the job would put on me but with the help of several managers I found out that I could.
Pros
making a difference in someone's life
Cons
not enough hours
Manipulative Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrison, AROctober 19, 2016
When I first walked in the door I was liked by some and measured up and judged by others. They treat the hourly staff good to their face and squash them behind their back. Even management and leadership gossip amongst/about each other and their subordinates. The pay scale is unbalanced with some getting paid outrageously and others squat. One thing is said publicly, another behind closed doors. Do not trust HR, as they are NOT there to protect the employees, they are there to look pretty, feel important, and act as the finger of those in control. They overlook the bad behaviors of some and look for things wrong with others. If you're not sucking up, or liked by the select few you'll never get anywhere--or you'll definitely go somewhere, right out the door. Whatever you do, don't point out something wrong with a procedure or practice!
Pros
Insurance plan is good
Cons
Manipulation and gossip
Horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJuly 14, 2016
This facility does not listen to its nursing staff. Retaliation is to be expected at this facility. HR does NOT have employee satisfaction at mind. This facility is about who you are or who you know. Drama, drama, drama. Only join this facility as a last option. HORRIBLE!
orientation was great
employee (Former Employee) –  Harrison ARJune 28, 2016
The orientation made it seem like it was going to be a great place to work. In my department though the lack of leadership, the unprofessional behavior, the way the employees disrespected the supervisors but my supervisor also talked badly about other departments and his own employees..it was just not what I expected. There was a lack of teamwork and when trying to get help from others they would make you feel about a inch high. They would say" that's just how it is " when I would ask a question. I was so excited when I got hired I love what I do but the people ruined it for me. I'm sure not all departments are this immature and disrespectful.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
lack of leadership and teamwork
Co-workers
case manager (Former Employee) –  AROctober 5, 2015
Have the best co-workers that are willing to help and great team players. Pay is fair for small town that live in. Job is flexable.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
oncall time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Arkansas Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7