North Austin Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
working with the best staff and coworkers it's family oriented and great to know even though I am not working as an employee there, the care was always great. I recomment NAMC to anyone
Pros
great environment
Cons
pay
Great place
Pharmacist Staff (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 11, 2018
I havent worked at this hospital in a long while but during the time i was there up until I left they were undergoing extensive construction which was intended to make it a more operationally friendly environment. I enjoyed my time
Enjoyable work enviroment
Accounting Clerk II-Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
Great team work and the opportunity to advance within the department and to transfer to different departments. Wonderful café with discounts for employees.
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
Job consolidation
Namc
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working here is amazing, they really care about their employees. Theres alot of benefits they give to employees. They always are understanding to employees needs.
Great team and team leader
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
Great team member, love working with them. Amazing team leader who tries to accommodate each and every team member's needs. Great place to increase your skills.
Its okay
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2018
When I started here it was a dream, however over the years, benefits have decreased, there is no room for professional growth, the pay is about $10k less on average for the positions that I know of, when these items are brought up with management it gets discussed but nothing ever changes.
Pros
schedule flexibility/location
Cons
pay/growth/toxic management
Poor Management
Patient Access/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
Managers are not able to manage according to need, and are not given adequate tools or staff. Shifts work short handed regularly. Registrars are expected to maintain specific collection requirements, but are not given the equipment in order to do so. Equipment is in need of maintenance,
Excellent place to work, Manager was great
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I had to relocate due to family or I never would have left NAMC. From the day I started it was a great place to work, they were true to their mission statement, and they truly care about patients as well as employees.
Pros
Many
Fast paced
Registered Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758December 15, 2017
North Austin Medical Center is a great place to work if you like fast pace. The management is great and they take the time to listen to your concerns.
Great Experience
Certified Nurse Assistant, Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2017
This was a great work atmosphere. Great experience for me. They paid for my CNA class. I loved my experience with the staff as well as the patients. Unfortunately it was not the right time for me when I was employed here. Personal issues at the time forced me to seek higher pay so that is the only reason I left. I would work there again if I lived in the area.
Namc
Registred Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
I've worked at NAMC for 6 years and have enjoyed the many challenges and great co-workers. I would highly recommend working at NAMC to anyone who asks.
poor management
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
If you want to have someone be nice to your face then turn around and tell you how horrible of a person you are for wanting to better your career then feel free to work here. Typical day, you always had someone watching your every move. Breaks were monitored very closely and if you were even slightly over then someone was hunting you down.
great place to work
Foodservice Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2017
This facility is a great place to work for with an excellent benefit package, room for advancement. The workers show great compassion for customers.
Fun, cool place to work at
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Co-workers are fun to work with. They provide training and proper orientation. They pay for your certification. They provide room for advancement. Staff are friendly and culturally diverse.
Pros
slow-paced, fun place to work
Cons
expensive lunch, low pay
see below
Travel Nurse Assignments (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
This was a travel nurse assignment on a 33-bed renal floor. I learned more about urology and everyday was a learning experience. I worked with a very professional staff and the manager of the department was very helpful. I don't believe we ever had more than 2-3 empty beds and they would be filled quickly. I generally was the charge RN and would take 2-3 patients while the other staff would have 5-6 patients. The only rest we could get was lunch break and we all made sure we had that for the rest it provided. Once again, the patients were the enjoyable part of the job. The hospital was definitely built with nursing in mind, the unit was circular and two nurses stations and the dialysis unit in the middle. We could keep eyes on our patients conveniently.
Pros
Good working conditions and professional staff
Great facility
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758June 28, 2017
12 hour night shift was the hardest part of this job. Good work area, clean, well maintained, great co-workers.
Only left because I had a difficult time transferring to day shift. Would probably still be there.
Pros
weekend shifts
Cons
long drive from home
ICU Staff NurseJanuary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2017
Worked there for 7 month , liked it a lot , Interesting workplace for Nursing ( ICU) . Great work environment , great team . Had to quit because I could not drive to work everyday anymore and home after 12 h shift . When I started did not think it would be so hard .
Pros
great work place
Cons
Long drive to work ad home, 75 miles one way
Fun
Patient Care Tech III (Former Employee) –  AustinMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed every minute of working in the ER on the night shift, we had a great strong team that worked well together. I hated to leave but being a single mom I needed a better paying job.
busy
Cat scan technologist GE 64, 16 scanners (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2017
This facility was a very busy environment. It could of been organized differently and work flow would improve. The location is convenient and the area is lovely.
Great Leadership, Bad Turnover
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
Great place to get your foot in the door of the medical field, but because they are so willing to hire those with less experience there was a high turnover rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Austin Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Austin Medical Center Reviews by Location