North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Employee Reviews

A day to day learning environment. I love this job
Graduate Assistant Housing Director (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 11, 2019
This job is definitely a learning experience. Having interaction from the students makes it totally worthwhile. The atmosphere is very welcoming and makes you feel at home.
My experience therefore while working there wasnt good
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
The job started out ok .Getting paid once a month wasn't fun and on top of that the pay wasn't very good. Basically in the grounds department is actually over worked and under paid
Pros
No free lunches unlesa bad weather occurred
Cons
Very shrt breaks.
good adjunct pay
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 10, 2019
I was paid a rather competitive rate compared to local schools. I taught 2-3 classes per semester. The classes were pretty large, the facilities in my area were lacking bit, but not bad. Overall, pretty good Art Department. I liked my students and the other faculty very much.
Pros
pay
Cons
large classes, lacking facilities
work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my time working here. I wish that they would have compensated the students better. However, that is the only flaw. NC A&T SU needs better support and funding for their student workers.
Pros
reduced housing
Cons
poor compensation and pay
Nice job
Observer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 26, 2018
The job was nice and fun. Management was helpful and wanted employees to exceed. The pay was great and the hours were flexible. College job but there are ways to move up.
Diverse working environment, collaborative research environment, and good compensation benefits
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2018
North Carolina A&T State University is a great academic and research institution with equal employment opportunities for all. The work environment is diverse, resourceful and collaborative research between scientist. The work compensation and other benefits are great and awesome.
Ncat
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 30, 2018
Great job, learned a lot
Wish I worked longer. My boss was my advisor and he is a very smart man to work for. He taught me perfection and patience. It was my first career related job.
Research Lab
Autonomous Control Researcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2018
Typical day at work starts around 9:00. Come in speak to everyone and then drink a cup of lemon and honey tea. Start work. Lunch is at 12 for most people in the lab and lasts about 1 hour. Return back to work and the day ends around 5:00.
Good working place
North Carolina (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 29, 2018
Nice working environment, so many things to learn from the co workers , management is kinda average. Its nice working in North Carolina Agriculture and Technical state University so far.
It was a fun place to get trained
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2018
The university is always a good place to get training. The hours and research would require long hours. The intern pay was not as prompt as it could have been.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Long research hours
Outstanding College.
Football Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 29, 2018
This University is an Outstanding school. It offers many college path options and also great advisors and mentors. The environment in the classrooms are stunning, the professors and able to communicate with students.
Worked with a number of people
Coordinator of Faculty Academic Advising Council (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2018
Pretty campus. Needed an advisement system and student requirements. Great Chancellor presently. Chancellor is well known which can help with fund raising.
Pros
Chancellor and moving forward
Cons
Not all work to gether and some can be rude to students.
NC A &T is a different experience for different types of employees
Retired (Former Employee) –  NORTH CAROLINAAugust 9, 2018
Excellent for researchers; research is very important at NC A & T. Good academic environment for faculty. High turnover due to compensation issues for administrators has negative impacts.
Great educational environment that encourages advancement
Temporary Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
A&T is a good place to work and the overall work life is a good balance for anyone. The department culture for CST is really good. Everyone works well with each other to ensure that the department runs smoothly and that students get the best service possible.
Undergraduate research student
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 12, 2018
Great first experience doing research. Enjoyed working with other students and got good mentorship from professors and graduate students. Once again, great experience.
NCAT is a great school to study for
Student (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
North Carolina A&T is a great university that allows student to grow and find themselves. This school has allowed me to find the passion needed for the real world and the professors all provide that information for you
Bad environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2018
The office I worked was very bad. Our supervisor was vindictive and unfair. Everyone was afraid of being fired and looking for another job. The supervisor always tried to find something to write you up. Many were fired or left because of the stressful environment.
Pros
Hbcu
Cons
Office environment
Very Stressful Environment
PROPERTY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Everyone moves as individuals and not a team. There is no standard set in place, so the supervisors run around manipulating everything to their own advantage and benefit.
Pros
Free lunch at staff meetings
Cons
Exccessive gossip
It was very good.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2018
My work was teaching assistant for one year help me build confidence, and taught me the importance of teaching. I was graded and managed students assignments, and I provided weekly grading feedback to lecture.
Fair
Clinical Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2018
New manger did not listen to what may work, had her own ideas. Faculty the best, Students weak, but they tired. Culture poor and non supportive. Building very old
Pros
Faculty
Cons
Manger

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2