North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Employee Reviews in Greensboro, NC

League C University
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2019
A&T needs more modifications in their culture and education systems. It is a really weak university. They take it too easy to students (of course like many other US colleges and Universities).
Great administrative and teaching experience
Human Science Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2019
Very productive work environment, Great educational resources, A typical day consist of lecturing class, mentoring students and being a positive figure on campus.
Pros
Providing leadership
Benefits
Unpaid Summer Internship
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 22, 2019
This was an unpaid summer internship. I learned many valuable skills while working with the strength and conditioning staff. I enjoyed working with the athletes and assisting them during training.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner
Cons
After a while I was no longer benefiting from the experience
Productive and positive work place
Ruminant Species Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2019
I Research addresses animal health, including parasite control as well as monitored the birthing process. Here I
Studied small ruminant meat breeds that are raised in North Carolina, including Boer, Spanish, and Pygmy goats and sheep. Ialso
Administered vaccinations
My experience therefore while working there wasnt good
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
The job started out ok .Getting paid once a month wasn't fun and on top of that the pay wasn't very good. Basically in the grounds department is actually over worked and under paid
Pros
No free lunches unlesa bad weather occurred
Cons
Very shrt breaks.
good adjunct pay
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 10, 2019
I was paid a rather competitive rate compared to local schools. I taught 2-3 classes per semester. The classes were pretty large, the facilities in my area were lacking bit, but not bad. Overall, pretty good Art Department. I liked my students and the other faculty very much.
Pros
pay
Cons
large classes, lacking facilities
work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my time working here. I wish that they would have compensated the students better. However, that is the only flaw. NC A&T SU needs better support and funding for their student workers.
Pros
reduced housing
Cons
poor compensation and pay
Diverse working environment, collaborative research environment, and good compensation benefits
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2018
North Carolina A&T State University is a great academic and research institution with equal employment opportunities for all. The work environment is diverse, resourceful and collaborative research between scientist. The work compensation and other benefits are great and awesome.
Ncat
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 30, 2018
Great job, learned a lot
Wish I worked longer. My boss was my advisor and he is a very smart man to work for. He taught me perfection and patience. It was my first career related job.
Research Lab
Autonomous Control Researcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2018
Typical day at work starts around 9:00. Come in speak to everyone and then drink a cup of lemon and honey tea. Start work. Lunch is at 12 for most people in the lab and lasts about 1 hour. Return back to work and the day ends around 5:00.
It was a fun place to get trained
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2018
The university is always a good place to get training. The hours and research would require long hours. The intern pay was not as prompt as it could have been.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Long research hours
Outstanding College.
Football Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 29, 2018
This University is an Outstanding school. It offers many college path options and also great advisors and mentors. The environment in the classrooms are stunning, the professors and able to communicate with students.
Worked with a number of people
Coordinator of Faculty Academic Advising Council (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2018
Pretty campus. Needed an advisement system and student requirements. Great Chancellor presently. Chancellor is well known which can help with fund raising.
Pros
Chancellor and moving forward
Cons
Not all work to gether and some can be rude to students.
Great educational environment that encourages advancement
Temporary Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
A&T is a good place to work and the overall work life is a good balance for anyone. The department culture for CST is really good. Everyone works well with each other to ensure that the department runs smoothly and that students get the best service possible.
Undergraduate research student
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 12, 2018
Great first experience doing research. Enjoyed working with other students and got good mentorship from professors and graduate students. Once again, great experience.
NCAT is a great school to study for
Student (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
North Carolina A&T is a great university that allows student to grow and find themselves. This school has allowed me to find the passion needed for the real world and the professors all provide that information for you
Bad environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2018
The office I worked was very bad. Our supervisor was vindictive and unfair. Everyone was afraid of being fired and looking for another job. The supervisor always tried to find something to write you up. Many were fired or left because of the stressful environment.
Pros
Hbcu
Cons
Office environment
Very Stressful Environment
PROPERTY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Everyone moves as individuals and not a team. There is no standard set in place, so the supervisors run around manipulating everything to their own advantage and benefit.
Pros
Free lunch at staff meetings
Cons
Exccessive gossip
It was very good.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2018
My work was teaching assistant for one year help me build confidence, and taught me the importance of teaching. I was graded and managed students assignments, and I provided weekly grading feedback to lecture.
Fair
Clinical Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2018
New manger did not listen to what may work, had her own ideas. Faculty the best, Students weak, but they tired. Culture poor and non supportive. Building very old
Pros
Faculty
Cons
Manger

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2