North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Busy parts of semester are whirlwind but downtime in summer is great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2018
understanding the red-tape and approval process in a university setting is the biggest frustration but once you make connections and find your point person in each department, it makes life as an administrative assistant easier. you literally treat people how you want to be treated. interacting with students and seeing their success is one of the joys and rewards. lots of interaction with faculty students and alumni, which breaks up the monotony of staring at a computer all day. peak times of the semester are extremely busy and grueling. summer is super quiet and downtime and perfect for catching up, filing, etc. holidays and christmas breaks are amazing. benefits are good. there are a lot of politics on campus too, admin are overworked and expected to do a multiple jobs under the admin title. the culture is to work with the least amount of staff but expect them to do all the things
Pros
benefits, paid vacation, paid holiday, quiet summers
Cons
understaffed departments, low wages
Workplace Culture
Administrative Support Specialist/Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 11, 2018
A good place to work, but needs leadership to become involved in more decision making when confronted with problems of conflicts and basic issues involving employees or work related issues.
Pros
Can set own lunch hours.
Cons
Low morale
Inequality
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2017
What I learned from working at NC A&T is that if you are liked by management, you can and will advance, receive pay increases, and promotion. However, if they don't like you, they will sh.. on you. Put their foot down, twist and turn It. It is not about what you know, it’s all about who you know. They do what they want for who they want to. :-(
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Management can be very vindictive
Great job experience.
Temporary Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 2, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity to work with some amazing faculty, staff and students. Semesters go by quickly and before you know it, you're preparing for graduation.
Its a college
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2017
A&T is a great place to work. The pay was good and the benefits would have been great if I was full time. Student work is well appreciated and I was able to accomplish a lot of work.
fun place to work
Administrative Support Specialist, Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2017
Great day. I learned a lot about the university.I enjoyed the group of people I worked with at NCA& T. Couldn't ask for a better group of people. You are treated like you belong and are one of them. No one position is too big or too small treated equally.
Pros
Good bunch of people to work with and for
Cons
State funded position could be eliminated
Ok
Administrative Support Specialist, Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 6, 2016
An okay place to work. Depends on the department. I enjoyed working in the department I worked in. People are super friendly.
Ncat
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 1, 2016
Go Aggies! I love the people and students. I enjoy the work. Its a great university and a good group of people. Very well organized and a great synergy going!
Pros
Great bunch of people to work for and with.
NC A&T Student Worker
Registrar Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2015
I enjoy working here as a student worker. The flexibility with my classes worked out perfect. This job also gives me an opportunity to help people, which is something that I have a passion for.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
N/a
Great work place
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2012
I work from 8am until 5pm. I maintain files for all property disposition forms processed to be picked up. I work with 4 other people in my department.
Pros
work on my own pace, no weekends
Cons
paid once a month and no overtime pay