North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Employee Reviews for Graduate Researcher

Challenging and exciting projects
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  CEPHT, Kannapolis, NC 28081July 26, 2017
My work experience has taken me to greater heights: being able to meet the most valuable individuals in my career who are the most knowledgeable. Team work and timely completion of milestones are our backgrounds goals.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2017
The compensation was not enough. management was easy to work with but there were not enough hours. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Not much room for advancement.
Challenging and Encouraging
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2016
Working here is really productive and helps in career development. Graduate students serving as research and teaching assistants are equipped with career advancement and training opportunities.
The professors and colleague workers are willing at any time to give a helping hand with just a call and it makes working on a daily basis so fun and enjoyable.
Ncat
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 15, 2016
North Carolina A&T State University is a great place to work. The Interdisciplinary research work is carried out in the labs of NCA&T state university. I strongly believe that life is a process of learning.From my research experience i improved my communication and research skills.
A good place to learn and study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2016
-Research and devlopment
- Nice infrastructure
-Great labs
- Blanaced work and life
- Joint school provides all the instruments under on roof making your life easy as a researcher.
NC A&T State University has a safe working place and has provided has productive environment for her employee to grow
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2015
It has been experiential to be in the academic environment at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. This has provided me opportunity to interact with professionals of different academic backgrounds. It improved my working ability and tolerance working with of different culture and behaviors.
Productive and hard working environment
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 29, 2015
For the two years working with NCAT, I have learned so many characters of a successful and disciplined employee. I have been working with wonderful peoples who taught me a lot about team work, leadership, organizing meeting and other.

In respect to technical experience, I have learned so many hydrology modeling techniques and softwares such as HEC-HMS, SWMM, and ArcGIS. I was able to understand and apply different storm water management techniques, LIDs, BMPs.

In addition, I have gained a motive and an experience on how to work with colleague and supervisor, how to make things done on time and meet deadline.

I believe , I have gained what it takes to be a good, hardworking, diligent and enthusiastic worker.
Productive, Relaxed working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 21, 2015
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is a research institution with a lot of resources to meet several research areas. Their strong suits are in engineering, science, technology and mathematics. There is a big well furnished library system that helps both students and employees have private times to get meaningful work done. The professors, project leaders and student advisers are astute and up to the task. They are goal/results oriented and ensure the maximum efforts are placed into the work by all whom they supervise. This results in the high productivity that the university has become known for. High publications, students inventions etc are a few of the hallmarks of the university's achievement portfolios.
Productive and friendly environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2014
The Department of Animal Sciences at North Carolina A&T State University is a research intensive atmosphere. There is a lot of hands on research experience in the research laboratory and at the university farm.
Its an education
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2014
It is a typical college with the typical problems. The professors meddles in the students affairs a little too much.
Pros
The congregation of intellect
Cons
Peoples who expect miracles with minimum input
Productive and Educational
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2014
Working at the university is an educational experience that gives the individual an array of responsibilities. Starting my work here as an undergraduate I was given the assignment to help conduct research within the swine unit on the growth rate that feed additives had on pregnant sows and their soon to come litters. With this task I would make daily rounds to the unit to oversee the feeding of the formulated feed to the selected groups of sows. Along with this I recorded biweekly weights, analyzed fecal and blood samples, as well as conducting laboratory experiments. As a graduate student I conduct research pertaining to my thesis, which delves into the immune response of parasites on the the neutrophils of ruminants. With this study I am given control of what is to be done, data to be collected, and experimentation. This experience has taught me about time management and given me a more in depth view of biotechnology and genetics.