North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Employee Reviews for Student Researcher

Works with my schedule
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2017
I have learned how to operate with all types of instruments in lab while still maintaining a balance in my school life. This role prepares me for research outside of academics.
Good
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2017
The compensation was not enough. management was easy to work with but there were not enough hours. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Not much room for advancement.
Focused and relaxed environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2017
I loved this job, it was very relaxed but we worked very hard every single day. My manager was very friendly and she always offered help for me if there was something I didn't understand.
Great Opportunity for Undergraduate research in technical fields.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2017
Great opportunity for undergraduate and graduate research assignments in the science and engineering areas. Great access to PHD professors as mentors. Great access to cutting edge areas of research.
Research a particular protein or kidney cell/tissue
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2015
It is a great environment to complete work efficiently. The lab members are very helpful and willing to assist each if needed.
Pros
Work is completed at on individual timelines
Cons
The PI has many other tasks and has limited time to oversee lab work
Fun co-workers and Understanding Bosses
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 18, 2015
As a researcher at North Carolina A&T it was a flexible work place. The professors you work under are understanding yet stern at the same time. They really want to see you succeed, but if you're swamped with other school work, they want to see you succeed at that first so that they can then have you undivided attention. The labs that we would work in are nice and the team members were nice as well
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Crunch Time
Productive, informative, and enjoyable
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 1, 2014
Typical day of work would include cleaning the lab, preparing formula for the experiment, and performing various activities to assist the graduate students. I learned more of bacteria formation, and rapidly bodies grow. Management was very kind, encouraging, and intelligent on all levels of science. Presenting the research to various professors was difficult. Traveling, and meeting new people and learning about their research was very exciting.
State Job
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 31, 2013
It was ok, not bad. I enjoyed being in such a relaaxing environment. State jobs have their perks as in job security but downfalls like politics.