North Carolina Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

No place to work.
Cardio-Thoracic Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 10, 2018
Not a good place to work. Large patient loads, Benefits not good. Management not good. Seems to be popular because of name. Does not give AA Nurses a chance, have to be a BSN or become a BSN nurse to be employed.
an excellent place to work
HR Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Taking care of people is their business. Knowing that provides extra motivation. A friendly work environment with plenty of growth potential and job security.
Pros
conveniently located
Cons
none that I can think of
see below
RN Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 20, 2017
12 hrs days - low staff and not flexible with time off
there is really not alot more to say as this was a staff position, management did not have a cue
Pros
hours
Cons
off every other weeks end
Worked for 25 yrs seen a lot of changes,some good some bad.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 2, 2017
Though working for the hospital was busy, They made sure you were properly trained to do your job well. Recognized you for job well done, year's of service, Supervisors nominate you for accomidatation
Pros
Easy health care access. Workers reconation. Credit Union.
Cons
Short breaks, pts reunions with family and friends. Dinners.
Rn
Total Joint Replacement Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 22, 2017
Typical day at work is to clock in and make sure everything is ready for the surgical day by checking to see if there are any changes to surgical schedule. Then run the day to day operation of a 40 bed OR .
Could be worse!
Phlebotomist III (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 11, 2017
great place to work and learn, management is okay they are understanding when life events happen and you need time off and genuinely care about its employees
Great Hospital
Part Time Float Medical/Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 3, 2017
No job is perfect, but overall Baptist is a good hospital to be a nurse in. Currently nurses are in very short supply. For the past year staffing has been borderline unsafe. Administration says they are trying to change that, and I believe them. However, what would really fix it is making pay and benefits more competitive. Currently there is a bit of a vicious circle. Meaning, floors are short staffed with nurses, so the nurses there are unhappy and leave, so the staffing gets worse, creating even more unhappiness. However some managers are fixing this by hiring travel nurses, this causes staff to be happy. New nurses stay on the properly staffed units and a good solid permeant staff is formed. However travel nurses are expensive and so most managers are working their existing nurses to the bone. With all that being said, I really have yet to find an acute care setting that is not in the same boat.
Pros
Innovated research, flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed, high acuity patients
no racial diversity
Orthopedic surgical RN/staff (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC 27157December 13, 2016
For the most part the job was easy. Too many co-workers who did not speak English nor did they understand our culture. The management was more inclined to hire other nationalities than American workers/nurses.
Pros
Cons
no diversity
Patients are our number one priority
CENTRAL PROCESSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 20, 2016
Making sure that the operating room and other clinics have what they need for the next day. Have learned how to process different scopes and probes,do evaulations.The hardest part is when we are short staffed..The best part is doing a good job and .
Pros
learning how to put new trays togather
Cons
not having the linen we need
productive place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 2, 2016
My typical day was very busy admitting patients to our unit, and transcribing doctors orders. You would see the same people because they would always come from nursing homes. My co workers were great we were always helping each other out, they were friendly and easy to get along with. We were always short staffed on nurses and CNA;s so the nurses would bring patients to my desk to watch them because the were hard to handle, so I got burned out.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Bringing patients to my desk

Want to know more about North Carolina Baptist Hospital?

Ask a question
I couldn't click on the correct star rating
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed this job and would give it mostly five starts. Management was very fair and I felt like this was stable place to work.
Large facility
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 15, 2015
I have not worked there in years and can not be a fair judge of how this environment is compared to other facilities.

I only worked there part time while I was in school and they were very flexible with my hours
Pros
Pay
Cons
too large
Excellant opportunities for qualified individuals.
management of the Capital Equipment Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2014
Good product design, allowing system fabrication of environmental graphics.
Expandable growth
Senior Secretary I - Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 23, 2014
Customer Service means a lot to me cause if you keep the customer happy they keep coming back. Professional, Confidential and outgoing has been my key to achieving goals.
Pros
Lunches, Laughter
Cons
Healthcare, Negativity
Bio-Med and Monitoring Tech
Senior Physiological Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 13, 2014
My day started at 10:pm and ended at 8:30 am.
I did artery blood pressure charge and put out stock in the unit.
I work with the Bio-Med guy on pump and other equipment that they needed help on. What ever was ask of me I did. Shipping and receiving. Answer the phone.
Pros
Great place to work.
A good place to work
Nursing, Unit Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with staff and visitors to the hospital.
Pros
Mixture of responsiblities
Cons
Financial positions were not compensated as well as other Industries
Felt like Home to me
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2014
After 36 months in the Nursing Program at NCBH School of Nursing, working on the unit fit like a glove.
Constant learning environment
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCNovember 2, 2013
Every day was very busy, so much so, the day was over very quickly. My co-workers were the best there ever was.
An excellent place to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2013
A typical day at North Carolina Baptist Hospital was very busy. I greeted patients and their families, scheduled appointments, answered the telephones, and transcribed doctors orders. I learned how to deal with a different culture of people on a daily basis. Management was very fair minded and easy to work with. The co-workers were team players and easy to work with. The entire job was challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent benefits, salary, and working conditions.
Cons
I enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Great Place to Work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2013
Performed clerical duties such as scheduling exams and special procedures.