North Carolina Central University Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 4, 2019
It's a nice place to work. They also have great healthcare and we all work well with one another. The only thing that I would change is the point system.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good healthcare
productive and fun place
WORK STUDY STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 30, 2019
It was a great time working. The employees were very interactive. I got to explore different places on campus. It taught me how to do something new and out of my comfort zone.
Great Experience
Graduate Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 24, 2019
A wonderful experience to have work for the university. The university were great smooth transitional job for preparing students in to the work force.
Contract Work
Interim Associate Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 28, 2019
NCCU pays contractors well. The commute was too far from my home and I agreed to end the contract when it was over. I didn't want to work there permanently.
Pros
Higher Ed Enviornment
Cons
Commute was too far from Greensboro area
It was pretty cool
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 24, 2019
Help assist the campus, staff members, and residents of the campus when needed. Became a mentor to some the residents of my building and campus. Make sure everything is going accordingly around my building.
Pros
free room and board, stipend, coworkers
Cons
being on call
Typical Day at work
Shuttle Bus Driver/ Charter Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 27, 2019
NCCU was great! I totally enjoyed the atmosphere on campus, the management was great. This was a family oriented environment. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Good people and team work
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 4, 2019
Fast paced and slow paced days, management was well and organized, I learned to refill drink machines and change and clean oil grills, the workers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
1 free meal
Stable work environment
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic and Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 27, 2018
I enjoyed my role working for the company, although we were short-staffed most of the time. I accumulated quite a bit of comp time that I was unable to use due to being short-staffed and was not compensated. Other than that, I enjoyed my work and my manager was fair and honest
Loved it there
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 21, 2018
I loved my experience at NCCU. This was an experience to show me how to be professional in the real world. It also taught me how to work with different people from different backgrounds.
Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 19, 2018
My day varies. I've gained more knowledge about the foreign national process.I would suggest utilizing electronic systems. I enjoy seeing employees being hired.
great alumni group
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 3, 2018
The North Carolina Central University Association Hampton Roads Chapter consists of graduates ranging from the class of 1964-2018. They meet monthly to plan and implement programs for alumni and students
Good place just bad management at tim
Baker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 23, 2018
I loved the job it paid bills I had no worries the management was jus all messed up favortisim picking negativity not all just some.good on hours always something to do
Pros
Always could eat drink for free much is u wanted
Cons
They pay good u gt your breaks good benefits
Very Productive Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 16, 2018
Very steady environment, you are always busy, and everyone is so nice. I love the environment here. It is definitely a low stress environment. They take care of their employees.
Good work life balance
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 15, 2018
Good place to work at, several mentorship opportunities. It very community driven as an Historically Black College and University. Despite it been as academic environment yet it is relaxing and yet still intellectual.
Pros
Research opportunities
Flexible working hours
Associate Scientist - Research (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 5, 2018
Have many travel opportunities and very flexible working hours. State jobs always have good benefits but the downside is that your faith depends on the PI getting funding.
Productive workplace
Graduate School Office Assistant - Human Sciences (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 2, 2018
writing lesson plans, assisting students, completing reports, time management, diverse culture, good job, working with the students when they need help
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Good atmosphere
North Carolina Central University is a good place to work. It has a great environment and loads of good personnel to help propel you forward.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 25, 2018
I had experience working at NCCU as an undergrad and fortunately I was able to stay in the same office area once I had graduated. I learned several skills while there including; time management, organization, and preparation. There was a great environment; I enjoyed all of the individuals I worked with. I would say the hardest part of the job was to ensure I frequently checked my email every day to stay on top of the documents being processed. The most enjoyable part for me was the family environment.
Pros
Good people, workflow
Cons
small work areas
Fast pace environment
SOAR LEADER (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 24, 2018
A typical work date starts one day but does not end until the day after it. You must stay on your toes at all times and remember you are under contract.
Pros
Significant time for lunch breaks, etc.
Cons
Time consuming.
it's was tough
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 21, 2018
I like landscaping but it was very tough on your body working in the cold in the mornings or working in the sun in the afternoon so it was not for me.
Great Thought
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 6, 2018
The male leadership academy taught me alot of things groing up and also Ive also acquired a few jobs and intern at a few places. I was taught self worth a uplifting sight of the future and hope.