NORTH CAROLINA EDUCATION LOTTERY Employee Reviews

Security Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2019
I really enjoyed working for NCEL. I had a great manager and I was promoted fairly fast. Even though the security department could be a hectic place, everyone tried to help each other with the workload.
Pros
Plenty of time off
Cons
Salary needs improvement
Workplace
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2019
The NCEL is a great company. I learned alot about the lottery and myself in general. It has a great job culture and i would recommend anybody who is looking for a comfortable environment with friendly people this is the location for you.
Good company culture with a State Agency
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2018
The NC Education Lottery is an overall good place to work. The latest technology, great company culture along with a great group of staff to work with.
Pros
Pto, Job security
Can be a good place and a real tough one
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2018
This is the best and worst of state jobs - Great Benefits and some people, but its overstaffed and not wanting to change. When job is to answer the phone that is what you do and nothing else. If not in correct group it can be hard
Pros
Benefits and not hard work
Cons
Advancement chances
Exciting and Meaningful place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2018
I enjoy working at the North Carolina Education Lottery because we have fun and creative ideal in order to raise money for education for the children.
Pros
Hard work that is appreciated and meaningful
Cons
State does not allow us many raises.
Fun
Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2018
This is a great place to work and the environment is wonderful. Pay and benefits are within your experience and job title. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
State job
Cons
Ability to move in the company
Productive and fun place to work
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. The only downside is it being a state job so the salaries are equivalent to private sector. I honestly can say I feel like I will never leave. Great benefits but subpar pay.
Great company benefits
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 20, 2017
Stressful job heavy workload
Converted to new system-conversion.
I don't understand why this is necessary. I worked here from 2006 until I retired in 2017. My opinion of my previous job is personal.
We Have A WInner
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 30, 2017
It was exciting to print and issue checks to lottery winners but then you'd always wish it could have been you that had won. Its a friendly work environment
Pros
Printing winners checks and taking their pictures
Cons
Not being able to play as an employee
Awesome group of people to work with.
Customer Services Representative II (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2017
My immediate management has encouraged me to become a better leader, employee and a better person altogether. My typical day involves solving player and retailer issues, handling call escalations, team building, and exercising my multi-tasking skills. Since being in this position, I've learned to successfully lead a diverse group of individuals to meet our overall team goals. Being that I mostly work with my immediate co-workers, I must say that we strive to maintain a family oriented environment. The toughest part of this position is to successfully deescalate the irate calls. The most enjoyable part of this position is working with a great group of people. By keeping a friendly fun atmosphere, it makes for a very enjoyable day, despite the heavy workload.
Pros
High morale
Cons
Workload is heavy 80% of the time
Branch offices are great, HQ is a nightmare
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Statewide; HQ is Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2015
This is a typical state organization where politics rules out over everything, including the well-being of its employees. The sales management team is actually really great, but I cannot say the same for the other management teams. If you decide to work here, the sales team is the most supportive, most positive working environment within the company.
Pros
Hours are somewhat flexible
Cons
the treatment of non-management employees is terrible.
Are They For Real????
Draw Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers Rd, RaleighSeptember 18, 2014
Who in the world would work a dumb shift from 12 noon until 12 midnight. What type of work life balance would you have?
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Stupid work hours
Excellent Company
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  RaleighApril 28, 2013
A joy to work for with excellent support and work environment .
Use state vehicle and great leave policy.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 16, 2012
Maximize the sale of lottery tickets by established and prospective retailers.
Recruit retailers and follow up
Promote and merchandise lottery products at retailer locations within a geographic area insuring all standards and requirements are met.
Establish and maintain a good rapport with retailers,
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the retaiilers and their customers about upcoming or current lottery games and seeing different parts of the state.
The hardest part of the job is covering all retailers with special promotions.
Pros
not using my own vehicle. great accrued leave policy and bonus plan
Cons
meeting short deadlines.
There is never a dull moment
Retailer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2012
My job consist of me assisting retailers that sell the lottery when issues occur with their equipment or tickets. I can say the lottery is not rigged like people think there are a lot of securities and investigations to ensure the games are true. My co-worker are a joy, they are the true example of teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTH CAROLINA EDUCATION LOTTERY. Our community is ready to answer.

NORTH CAROLINA EDUCATION LOTTERY Reviews by Location