I would look for more opportunities to advance my employees in house.
Have a Class for management that teaches them sensitivity towards the worker to better understand that they are people too etc.
I honestly really enjoyed working at NC State as an RA and don't have any significant complaints. If I had to list an area of improvement I would say that higher pay would improve the appeal of the job (although I think I was fairly compensated) and I think offering some sort student loan assistance program/credit for working for the state/government would be a wonderful addition to the employment given that I now work as a full-time state employee and your years of service greatly affect your pay. Having that additional time count towards my overall time serving as a state employee would be a huge bonus.
Treat all departments and divisions with actual equity. Too many positions have an unspoken stigma which keeps the wage low and the persons in those positions stuck where there.
I would provide more opportunity for those with corporate experience outside of academia who do not have a Master's or Doctoral degree.
I would solicit more research funds for professors.
- What is the work environment and culture like at North Carolina State University?10 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at North Carolina State University?10 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at North Carolina State University?10 people answered
- How are the working hours at North Carolina State University?9 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at North Carolina State University?8 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at North Carolina State University? What are…7 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at North Carolina State University?7 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at North Carolina State University?6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at North Carolina State University?6 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at North Carolina State University?5 people answered