North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

Good time, pretty fun
Assistant News Editor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2019
It was interesting. I worked at this place, the place that I worked where I performed work. Others worked with me, and we all worked together. Working occurred.
Student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2019
inclusive environment, professors are nice people, many on-campus jobs available. I was a library assistant at Natural Resource library, they paid decent amount of money.
Full of opprtunity to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2019
NC state provides numerous opportunity to learn for the students even outside if the class and their facility and classroom environment is one one in the world in my opinion.
Great University
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2019
I was a temporary worker. I worked when I studied there. So not much to say.
I had flexible hours since I worked as a Teaching assistant. It was nice, everyone is chilled and friendly.
Pros
Relaxed, Flexible, Good pay for a student worker
Tutor
University Tutor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2019
It was fine on campus part time job, good for students that live on campus. It was not a lot of hours per week though and the students were flaky and would miss a lot of meetings which means that you didn't get paid.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2019
I enjoy working at NC State University because it is a challenging and rewarding place to work. I work in the lab doing organic synthesis and microbiology.
Comfortable Environment
Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2019
In HR department, as an assistant I would feel comfortable doing my daily task. No one made me feel that I belong to a different culture or just student who is working with all the professionals. They made me a part of them. Same thing happen when I was working in the Communication dept. I was doing my daily task as asked and was very much appreciated by the faculty/staff.
Good Starter Job
Student Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2019
Great starter job! The workplace culture is laid-back and fun. Some periods are busier than others but all in all it is not a bad job. Eventually you may want to do more.
Good work life balance
Student Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2019
Co-workers are friendly, schedule is flexible. The pay is OK, just enough to support your living. The work load depends on who you work for. The working environment is really good.
Nice workplace
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2019
My day is always busy as an accounting tech here at NCSU working in the Dean's office. I have learned many things esp. what can and cannot be purchased on state funds. There is no micromanagement here and I love that. Although at times there is lack of communication, which can be at any workplace.
Pros
Everyone for the most part get along
Cons
I have been a temp for 2yrs, but I work just as hard and the permanent employees if not harder.
Working at NC State
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 25, 2019
Working at NC State is a pleasure, there are many opportunities for career development and professional growth. However, working for the state can be a bit challenging.
Great career, very very poor management
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Super great place to work as a technician. The learning environment is amazing, for yourself and students. Most are willing to teach you and help you always improve yourself as a technician. However, the environment is very toxic due to poor management. Techs tell on each other like little kids, instead of helping each other out. Management isn’t taken serious by the techs, nor does she care, she has no clue what goes on, on a daily basis, not just on the floor but in the technicians lives either. She isn’t a leader, a role model or a mentor, and that’s what the techs need. Someone they can go too and look up too. If the techs had a better supervisor... this place would be untouchable and by far an excellent hospital to work for.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, Pto, paid holidays
Cons
Poor management, no job advancement
A good place to work to gain experience as an undergraduate
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2019
I was not paid enough as an undergraduate to afford the cost of living at NC State; however, I gained a lot of valuable experience. I was able to balance this work with my courses and other extracurricular activities.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
Good working environment
Research Scholar (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2019
good working place.
free parking lot
start to work at 8:30 am
good kitchen equipment to prepare lunch
self choose lunch time
University management team response immediately for request
Item Writer Position
Item Writer / Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2019
I loved this job. It allowed me to work part-time while working full time as a teacher / literacy coach. I would highly recommend working as an Item Writer / Reviewer to teachers who are looking for part-time employment.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Deadlines can be stressful when they coincide with deadlines for teaching.
Desk job that allowed you to study.
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at the front desk in a residence hall. I learned a lot about customer service and had some time to study when it was slow which is beneficial as a student.
Productive Workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2019
NC State is a big place, and my department focused on hiring for the dining department. There is always a need for continuous hiring, and the days were always very busy (in a good way)
exciting workplace
Line Cook, Case/Murphy Dining Halls (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2019
fun and exciting workplace with room to grow and learn new things everyday hardest part is when holidays come around great place for employment different work paces and dining areas lots of students and athletes ,different food cultures lots of different recipes and meals prepared everyday
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner for employees
Cons
short breaks
Great life work balance
Cooperative Education Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2019
NCSU is a fabulous place to work if you are desiring a healthy balance of life and work. Perfect for professionals who have families. The Co-op department is a great place with tons of opportunity for creativity if management is open to ideas from new employees. The students are desiring so much from their experience and the Co-op Coordinators have the ability to positively impact these students' lives in many ways.
Pros
Hours, life and work balance
Cons
advancement opportunities, pace of work day
Don't work here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2019
I must admit that I'm getting a bit perturbed that I have to write the same review for a place I worked just because I held various positions there. Quite aggravating.