North Carolina State University

North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

United States1,055 reviews
Found 1,055 reviews matching the search
Fun and rewarding
A great experience working with the students remotely as part of the Tall building studio. Mostly a remote experience teaching sustainability core courses and attending reviews to monitor students design progression.
Productive and Laid back
Easy, laid back, and productive days behind a desk completing tasks and essentially being readily available in case a student and/or faculty member required assistance.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
20 hour a week limit
Awesome, fun job
I love my job, we have a great work environment and have a lot of fun. The pay is good and the hours are flexible. Easy to get as many or few hours as you need and they work well with your schedule. Worst part is the weather because you are outside sometimes, but you don't have to work those events.
Terrible
Terrible work environment. Expected to do much more than job remit and terrible management. Management is horrific. There is so much to say oh gooodness.
Very flexible
My manager is very flexible with my classes and personal schedule. I also can work at my own pace and often work independently. I'm am always shown new things and can ask questions anytime. If something comes up I can also talk to my boss about making my hours up on a different day.
Everyone is happy and we joke around here or there but in the end we all get our work done.

My bosses are very supportive of our interests and sincerely care about us.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I was a summer worker, and loved my experience but it was a lot of work!!
I loved my experience working as an orientation leader, but they were long days and low pay! I knew what I had signed up for, but I think NC State needs to compensate their orientation leaders more for what they expect from them.
Very good place to work.
It is a very good place to work in. I enjoyed much of my time while working at NC State University. I highly recommend NC State University to other job seekers.
Productive and Enjoyable
The environment is such that it is Family friendly and diverse. You have the opportunity to assist in shaping lives of students from various cultures and backgrounds.
Lab Experience
As an undergraduate researcher, I was given guidance from my manager from time to time but most of the work was independent. There were plenty of other people in the lab that were helpful along the way.
Diverse work environment
A learning environment,
work with people that have different background
Very High motivative Environment for research
Doing researc in the NCSU, is one of the best job experience that I have ever had. Working with very Knowledgeable Professors and equipped labs make this University very different.
I was a student for a project
It was for my senior design class where I was given a project by a sponsor. I had to complete the project for class credit, but it was a very rewarding experience
Parking
Parking is far from buildings and employees pay $32/month for parking.

NC State is a great place to work. I have been a temporary employee for 4 years and appreciate seeing how many departments differ and are the same to make the University feel as one large community
nice place to work
most rewarding part of job was exceeding student, parent, and vendor expectations with professional customer service driven attitude to be team-player driven and to operate with integrity
A lot of sitting around, but looks great on resume
I worked full time over last summer at the Cashiers office and it was great experience. Only 1 true week of 'busy', otherwise you sit around lot...wonderful summer job
Flexible scheduling.
Great hours! If you needed to you could change your hours the day before you were scheduled to work. The staff and boss were really friendly and kind to all the student assistants.
Good place to be
It was a great experience working at Facilities division at NC State University. Everyone working over there are very supportive and always ready to help.
Managers make the difference
A good experience with your manager will make or break your rating of your office. There are plenty of people in manager roles or supervising people where they should not be or need additional training.
Great Student Job
If you are looking for a student job that isn't overwhelming apply here! this was the perfect opportunity to work with a professional company that understands you are a student.
Good staff
Most of the higher up staff at Talley were nice and understanding when there were issues and would often step in to assist when needed. The work is heavy, but often gets done fairly quickly and efficiently.
Na
I wouldn’t work for this place again. NC stat was not a great place. Management was terrible and all they care about is old money tradition. They don’t care Bout the students which is sad
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina State University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.