North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

Temp Worker
Administrative Assistant-College of Arts (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
It’s very hard to become permanent when you temp here. They will have you temp forever here unless you know someone. I've been tempt for over a year and 3 people I know became permeated less than 90 days.
Pros
Non for temps
Cons
too much to name
Nice environment for work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2017
People are friendly though the pace is fast here. The environment is supportive which can provide various resources as you need. For example, the department is willing to buy more advanced computers to meet the needs.
It is a public university
visiting lecturer (2 yrs) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
It is a public univesity, so there is very little money for anything, depends on the department you're in and on your role as researcher, lecturer or whatver..
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
NCSU is a great place to work
Large land grant Institution
Large campus and student population
Very well respected by community leaders and partners
Think and Do is the motto
Great work place
PROGRAM FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 17, 2017
I love working here. It is a very vast and dynamic workplace. I love working with the students. They have a lot of energy and are very vibrant thinkers.
Ncsupd
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27695November 17, 2017
Department was well structured and required a professional relationship with students, faculty and visitors. Hardest part of the job was getting along with middle management supervisor.
Aggies Do
Director of Facilities Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2017
Workplace culture is a little dated. It is changing but a slower pace than other environments. Very connected and family like environment very good if you are connected to the brand.
Pros
Excellent days off
Cons
Slow to change.
just bad
Engineering Machine Shop Staff (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
bad review, lack of planning, it just sucked, people cant do their jobs. bad management, wayyy too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. 90% of the work gets done by 10% of the people.
Very intelligent team.
Marketing Technology Specialist, Campus Recreation (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2017
I have learned a lot learning how to advice and inform students about the amazing outdoor activities they can be a part of. Lots of fun which made it seem it wasn't work but yet still was learning.
Pros
Meeting lots of people
Fun and busy job!
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2017
I learned about coaching and being in a leadership position in a team setting at a collegiate level. I was able to learn all of the insights of budgeting, planning and coordinating a team of 8 girls alongside the two coaches. I also set up and managed team practices, as well as planned trips for tournaments.
The hardest part of the job for me was to gain the girls' respect since I was their teammate before. I needed to make sure they viewed and talked to me as a coach and not a friend. This was hard in the beginning but I worked at it and found that I gained their trust, respect and full attention when talking to them and helping hem out in any situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning that was I was doing that year was exactly what I want to do in the future some day. Learning everything about the job excited me.
I value this experience and am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work for such a fantastic institution.
excellent teammates
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working here as a graduate student. THere weren't a lot of hours available but I was always given the most available. The professors work with you hand in hand.
Temporary/good for students
University Housing Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
Temporary school job, so it is very relaxed. It isn't a job that requires you to work strenuous hours because it is meant for students to be able to balance with school.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Minimal Pay/Time commitment even when not "working"
Excellent Working Environment
Bioinformatics Programmer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
There is easy parking, Howling Cow ice cream, Food truck availability, tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, well balanced between slow and high paced job, and laid back environment.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, variety of professionals and students
Cons
work availability based on contracts/grants
Good managers. Flexible work hours if requested.
Food Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2017
Manager fair and equitable.

Work place busy and continuous

Some Mostly entry level and inexperienced entry level staff with immature work ethic.
Pros
Flexible work hour if requested.. Free meals.
Cons
Temporary. No benefits. Low salary. No paid time off.
Fun and diverse
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2017
• Provided educational stability by implementing established lesson plans, while exercising professional judgment to introduce new material when necessary
• Developed and maintain positive interactions with students, faculty, and administrators
• Graded assignments and entered grades in Moodle and Wolfware software
• Taught Public Speaking courses
It was productive and could work independently
Research Associate - Department of Crop Science (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2017
A lot has to do with the boss, who in this case was the Principle Investigator of the laboratory and who was required to secure the Grant funding. He was excellent. Good workplace environment. Research can be stressful, and when experiments were not going right, it can make for a long day, week, month (and beyond). To press on is sometimes hard, but no choice but to begin again. I enjoyed my colleges.
Good Starter Job
High School Camp Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 1, 2017
There was no way of knowing if the camps would come back. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to teach children about engineering and seeing their faces light up when they learned something new. Management could be abusive of power and rude.
OK place to work
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2017
There was a Job/work place balance. I recruited for the school of nursing so some days went over eight hours, but I enjoyed recruiting for the university
Pros
paid time off
Cons
it could be cut throat
Great job if looking for extra cash
Athletic Ticket Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2017
Wont pay much to support you as your first job, however is an excellent back up job. Work is simple and are allowed to attend sporting events after your work is done.
Was actualy a summer internship/ summer camp
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2017
This is in regards to an internship or what we called a "summer camp" which was considered part of my curriculum. Wasn't a paying position. Had a great time. Learned a ton.