North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

Fun place to live
Research and Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2018
Nice Environment
Great University with lots of things to do, close to fun part. and I like how cool the campus is. good transportation around campus if someone need to move around.
Great benefits, great people
non-tenured educator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2018
I have worked in a field office and on campus, both have their plusses and minuses. The management in the field is not as strong as on campus, but being on campus means more traffic and parking challenges. Choose your battles.

Excellent benefits offering two retirement options (defined contribution or defined benefit), and 401K, 457. Excellent health insurance options with a range of coverage for vision and dental. Life insurance as a payroll deduction for employee and dependents, tuition waivers for the employee.
benefits
Cons
management
Terrific and Understanding Supervisor
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
Hired as a temporary employee, yet was very welcomed by the department in general. My direct supervisor gave a perfect balance of guidance, availability, and autonomy to allow me to complete the tasks given to me. Learned a great deal of specifics relating to my job and to the other positions my tasks support. Given extra materials for my edification allowing me to have a broader view of the processes I was supporting which allowed me to carry out the tasks to a greater efficiency.
Very productive, busy, always challenging
Catering Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
My job lent itself to getting to know representatives of practically every department on campus. It was great! Also got to know local vendors, developed a great report with University staff.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free bus so no parking fees, relaxed office environment
Cons
Very stressful and sometimes abrasive immediate supervisor
North Carolina State University
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
North Carolina State University is an incredible place to work. There is a perfect balance between work and life. Additionally, the employees at NC State are friendly and hard-working.
Exciting working with graduate students
Consulting Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
I worked here as a volunteer so no input on compensation. Mentoring and guiding graduate students was very refreshing. I learnt as much from them as they from me
Fast services to students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2018
we open up at 8am Monday-Sun we had to make sure we had all our sandwich meet bread and other food products that sell every day ready the management team was pretty far most of the time the staff was friendly.
excellent
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  NCSU/main campus/Murphy CenterJuly 25, 2018
A typical day was very busy getting food ready for the students. I worked as a grill cook for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. i also worked as a prep cook, and as a display cook. I also worked as a dining room attendant, and as a cashier at caser dining. I worked at the Murphy Center 3 days a week, working as a prep cook for the salad bar,and for the fruiit bar. I also worked as a breakfast cook, making omletes for the football team. i worked as a dining room attendant, and as a runner, bringing food from the kitchen, and placing on the hot bar. Nothing was hard about this job.
Pros
the students
Cons
clean up at the end of the shift
Real nice workplace !
Manager - Power System Engineering (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2018
Great place!.....conworkers are the saving grace ! MManagement could use some help nurse for less control from holiday hall than should be.

I wish NCSU ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE !!!!
Pros
Pay source
Cons
Not valued for what we do
Challenging
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2018
The university kicked start my life in the United states, it brought me to pace with how working environment is in the states. A fun place to work with fellow students and experienced professors
Pros
experience in Agriculture and Business
Productive and fun
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2018
Very good working conditions, friendly and nice work environment.
Enormous opportunities for growth.
The latest technologies are available and staff are trained on a regular basis on how to use them
Great place to get experience and build connections
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
A typical day involved managing a lot of adults and making sure everyone was on schedule. Long work day from early in the morning to late at night were challenging, but there are other employees and managers there to provide support. Overall, a really collaborative workplace with many hardworking individuals.
Work Life Balance
Engineering/Architectural Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
My leadership team is extremely supportive of my career and goals. Professional and Personal development is very important to me and my leadership team.
Pros
Work life Balance, Benefits, security
Cons
Salary
Great Place to Work
Developmental Psychology Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work! The staff and the caring nature the university has for both students and employee is some of the best I have ever seen. The professional opportunities offered are wonderful, but the collaboration makes you wolfpack for life!
Bad
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2018
There where bad and need to work on how to talk to people.
AND A LOT of name calling doing what they want when you want to take a day off you got to talk to 5 bosses before you can take off.

That not how you talk to someone .
Pros
Cons
The manager
Fine place to work
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2018
NC State is a fine place to work for students. They are pretty flexible school schedule wise and that's very nice. CA hours can be tricky though. All in all good place of employment.
Nice place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2018
It is a nice place to work. People like working there and I am happy that I had the opportunity to work there. The environment is nice to work in and people are nice.
Nice place to work at.
Adjunct Professor of Physics (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2018
Nice place to work at. A fast paced place to work at. Professionalism is the order of the day. Technocracy excels in the place. My bosses are quite respectful to work with.
Professional environment with High Expectations
Senior Director of Development, NC State (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work with high but fair expectations. Culture is great with excellent leadership at the top leading us through a $1.6billion campaign.
No comments
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2018
No comments about this job. They could do better on how they treat their employees. It's not NCSU, it is the one that are contracted through the University.