North Carolina State University
4.2
North Carolina State University Employee Review

Great benefits, great people

August 10, 2018
I have worked in a field office and on campus, both have their plusses and minuses. The management in the field is not as strong as on campus, but being on campus means more traffic and parking challenges. Choose your battles.

Excellent benefits offering two retirement options (defined contribution or defined benefit), and 401K, 457. Excellent health insurance options with a range of coverage for vision and dental. Life insurance as a payroll deduction for employee and dependents, tuition waivers for the employee.
Pros
benefits
Cons
management
July 27, 2020
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) - Raleigh, NC
An interesting group of people to work with but supervisors lack experience and direction to provide a comfortable working Environment To help enhance support and diversify the working attributes within this particular organization I was associated with
July 17, 2020
Research Assistant (Current Employee) - Raleigh, NC
I have learned a lot from this job. I started as master student in this group and gradually build myself into a PhD student. I am happy that I have learned a lot about Mass spectrometry.
July 13, 2020
Research Associate (Former Employee) - Raleigh, NC
Worked in the college of sciences with a professor as a research assistant. Enjoyable experience with lots of flexibility, lots of training and experience with scientific writing as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina State University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.