North Central Bronx Hospital Employee Reviews

Mangement was bad
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2018
It was a city hospital and it functioned like a city hospital. It was a stressful environment and management was bad. I would never want to be a patient there.
North Central
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10467April 5, 2018
Working in in North Central was a good job, I had to deal with patient which was the brunt of my duties at North Central. I was incharge of mainting the front desk.
Challenging field whereby you study new things each day
Health Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Working at North Central Bronx Hospital, i improved on my excel skills. Also i learned in working with different ethics and cultural of people as well as improving on multi tasking of duties assigned to me in a period of time.
Productive and a very nice place to work in
Receptionist for the Ambulatory Care Department (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2018
My experience at NCBH was very interesting cause I used to work in the ICU unit with critical patient. I was hired twice as you can see and it was due to my co-worker focusing on how I much I had loved to serviced people and there family members while they were grieving for their loved ones in there getting back to health. I seen a lot of things and and also experience the intensity of every doctors hope as well as fear of helping patience return back to health as well as losing the patients. I would also adhere to the way they have connected to the patients and in returning them back to health. Most of all the doctors relationships with the nurses was so touching when they pull through together. I loved NCBH.
Pros
I would experience different things in one whole day and above all closeness
Cons
my lunch breaks where too short cause of all the emergencies, but that was okay with me.
Great place
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  bronx, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Did this for my internship here and i loved it. everyone was really nice, i learned a lot. Everyone was fantastic loved the patients as well. This internship was a dream.
Good learning experience for new LMSW.
Adult & Geriatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bx. NYJanuary 4, 2018
Faced pace, stressful, discharge planning.Learned the effectiveness of various psycho tropic medication. Suicide risk assessment. You work from the minute you arrive until it's time to go home. Housekeeping staff did not interact well with patients. The most rewarding part of the job is when you developed an excellent discharge plan. Most frustrating is when patient does not adhere to discharge plan.
Pros
Sense of achievement when client adheres to discharge plan.
very interesting, fun, and friendly environment
Phlebotomist (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 20, 2017
very interesting, fun, and friendly environment. great place to work, i am considering applying at this hospital for a full time job. it is also a very close commute.
Relaxed atmosphere
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2017
The atmosphere is fairly relaxed. The management style isn't rigid and allows for personnel growth. It is very easy to remain complacent. Advancement isn't easy unless you know someone in upper level management.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Upward mobility is difficult
North Central Bronx Hospital excellent place to work
Secretary IIIA (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2017
Working at North Central Bronx Hospital was a beautiful part of my life, it was a warm loving environments. We were a tight knit family, and that family consisted of the employees and the patients.
Can be quick or slow paced.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 11, 2017
In my current position I work I realize if you do not have a good work team, it can get pretty cut throat. There is no 12 hour shift and my current shift is very busy. There is no good support from management and you feel over worked and often burdened.
Great and productive workplace
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2017
Being my first real formal job I got to experience what office life is like and to my surprise not only did I like it but I excelled at it. It showed me that I could also work very well in a secretarial position even though I am looking towards getting a position as helpdesk tech. I made charts, filed papers, delivered things from floor to floor, made binders, entered data, stored chemicals, and lifted boxes when necessary. I also really enjoyed that my only coworker was my boss. I'd have to say overall it was an amazing internship and I would jump at the opportunity to work at that hospital again or also at Jacobi where I was placed for a week of my internship.
Great team work
Assistant Director -Behavioral health Services (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2017
The best part of North Central Hospital is that is one small building. Everyone knows each other and everyone knows exactly who to go to when they need something.
Productive and positive work area and mixed culture
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 19, 2017
Room for growth to expand to a higher position . Experience a lot and get to work with different people that have a positive impact on you and your surroundings.
very responsible and eager to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  psychERJune 28, 2017
i usually work 8 hours, its challenging, critical thinking, stabilizing violent patients, identify high risk patients such as suicidal ideation. risk in job is possibility to get injured when dealing with violent
patients,its interesting to learn psychosis and drug components changes people behavior. i like the team work and be professional towards staff and co workers.
Cons
less overtime, short staffing
It's a city hospital
Attending physician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2017
Regular pitfalls of working at a city hospital. Under staffing, noncompliant patients. But there can also be great rewards and very grateful patients.
Great
Nursing Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2017
Work well with others, everybody is treated equal. People work as a team whatever you need help in they make sure to help you with it. This facility makes sure you feel combatable.
Love working here
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2017
It is very busy and very fast but its rewarding and the staff here is amazing.

I love working with a team of people that care about the patients in the same way that I do.
Nursing student
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2017
Teaching facility that takes pride in teaching their students. Most of the staff and management are interested in teaching and do so with enthusiasm which benefits the students
Great learning experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2017
Being an Intern there was great, you will learn a lot , and learn from the interdisciplinary team .. There is an hour lunch break but I find that many times it is so busy and that you will usually work through your lunch .
Overall a positive environment to work in.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2017
I have worked here for 2 plus years. It has been a majorly positive experience and have no major qualms with the organization. I would Recommend this Organization to Others.