North Central Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work for a part-time job
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2018
Staff are very nice and friendly. Supportive team and flexible work schedule. My job is to check in guest, run night audit reports, prep/set up breakfast. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet most of the time. It was very tough for the first few weeks. I thought working alone by myself would be scary and unsafe but by far it has been smooth and this place has very friendly guests. This job is very easy, as long as you are trained and have support, the job can be a piece of cake!
Pros
Love the hotel discount
Cons
Better training materials, and more advance computer technology
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 25, 2018
Find somewhere else to work. The management at the property level is very bad. The upper corporate management is the best. I just wish that the upper corporate management could see what is going on at the property level. SAD. :(
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
General Manager
Great Hotel Management Company
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 28, 2018
North central group is a great hotel management company and has great leadership for the most part. However it seems that they are afraid to get rid of employees that are harming their hotels which leads to bad employees passing on bad habits to new hires. Seems to also cause many to leave due to frustration. But outside of that issue the company is great and takes care of its own.
Great Hotel Management Group
Night Auditor and Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 15, 2018
The hotels managed by NCG (North Central Group) are by far one of the better run management companies. They encourage employees to be empowered to help guests in creative ways. Management was always there to listen when one needed to discuss a difficult situation or any issues. I would have stayed on, but at the time I needed to make more money and had an offer.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Pay
Great place if you like childish games.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaJanuary 21, 2018
My day was real easy. I had to reconcile accounts daily, run reports, shut the system down and bring it back to life. I worked for around 2.5 hours and the rest of the shift was a giant break.

I was hired on January 02, 2018. Not one week later, my position was posted on Indeed. I was told the company keeps the position posted for 30 days in case something happens to the current holder. I'm not dumb enough to believe that. Something's real fishy here. Sure, they may be a great company, but like any other, they're "hire to fire."

NCG offers good benefits, I worked with nice people. However, the childish games turned me away in the end. I'm too old for this.
Pros
Benefits. Pay
Cons
Management/Childish Games
Award Winning Company
RDOS (Current Employee) –  AZJanuary 13, 2018
I’ve had the pleasure of working for some of the best management companies on the west coast and the North Central Group is high ranking on the list.
The culture encourages innovation and the leadership team at each hotel want their guests to have exceptional experiences time after time.
Interning with North Central Group was great.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 7, 2018
Kathy Gillman is a great executive, attorney, and supervisor. I learned a lot from her, and recommend that other law students intern with her as well.
Love my co-workers
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 28, 2017
love my coworkers but the management team are deceitful and there is no positive feed back from management. The managers treat the employees like disposable objects.
Pros
co workers
Cons
benifits are to expensive you need two jobs just for healthcare
job could be over whelming
Therapeutic Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 26, 2017
The ccletical work was ok most of the time , and on Fridays the filing is very very heavy and the communication between co-worker was not as good as should be.
Pros
Free lunce
Cons
no paid vacation
hours are horriable
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 26, 2017
you work countless hours, you're always tired, its hard to have a personal life due to being mandated almost everyday you work, gossip is horrible, its a stressful job to have.
Good company, poor management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed NCG and the culture. However it was derailed by the Area General Manager (former position) who squashed my career and dreams for no reason other than dislike for me. He was a poor communicator and not positive however it was never his fault.
Pros
Culture, good work environment
Cons
Poor Area General Manager (former)
Productive and fun place to work.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for North Central Group, I enjoyed getting to know the staff and all the interesting customers. I left my position to further my education.
Ncg
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
They are a great management company to work for. Since they took over my hotel there has been a lot of great changes. They are a all about the employees company they have awesome benefits!
I am a employee whom transferred from
Shuttle Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 4, 2013
I am a employee whom transferred from the hampton inn and suites to the hilton garden inn. I enjoy the way I was never made to feel like the new employee. Every one was so cool and nice. It was like never leaving the hampton. Its great the way the atmosphere is the same. Like family. Great company.
Pros
Employee room discounts. 29.00-39.00

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Central Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight