North Central Healthcare Employee Reviews

Lies gossip favoritism
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 27, 2019
It was worse than high school. Everyone gossiped management threatened yet refused to address issues disregarding staff concerns or client care. Di not work there if you value your license.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management and staff
NCHC is a joke!
Residential Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 24, 2018
Do not work here! Management is ridiculous! They do not are about their employees at all. Poor care for clients. Management is never grateful for ANYTHING that staff does for them.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, terrible pay
Stressful place to work with a huge work load
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 12, 2018
Great insurance package...other than that, not much else is good. Higher up management did not care about employees suggestions and never followed up on. Too hard of a work load and many hours worked at home. Too many managers getting paid too much and draining company's profits. The most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and co-workers
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Promises from managment that were not kept. No CEUs provided from Company.
Beware if value RN License
RN Behavioral Health (former) (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 2, 2018
Very hostile working environment full of neptuism and favoritism. If you value your nursing license this isn't the place to work. A lot of things are thrown under the rug and they have nurse managers who have relatives working under them, leading to complete unethical practices. Believing you can make a difference or be exempt from it affecting yourself or not being pulled into the unhealthy environment would be foolish thinking. This is not a healthy place to work and management is greatly responsible for contributing to the toxicity. These are a few of the reasons they are always short of nurses and continuously hiring. I would suggest not to put yourself in this type of working environment if you have values, morals and respect yourself and your liscense.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No breaks or lunches, hostile work environment, unethical practices, neptuism
Hostile work environment. Mid management untrustworthy and doesn't address issues affecting quality patient care.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 30, 2017
Constant fear of retaliation from mid management. Management creates barriers to providing quality safe patient care. Poor, lack of communication from mid management which creates a hostile work environment. Your concerns will not be addressed. Quality patient care is not the top priority there at all.
Benefits
Cons
Not valued by mid management, lack of job security. Low pay.
Great team to work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people. Good environment. A place to call home. Many family member has been very satasfied with our care compared to the places they came from.
Not worth the hassle.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 28, 2017
On a typical day you work short staffed and even when you had everyone there you were expected to car for at least 8 residents. You had an hour and a half to get all morning cares done by your self and you are lucky if you can get the other coworkers to help you. I learned I will never work there again. Management is a joke, when I was being picked on, I went to management and she told me I was lying and the other employees told me it was always me. It is a very difficult place to work at. The hardest part of working there is getting past the clicks of the other workers and management. I didn't like anything about working here.
Pros
Cons
Management, healthcare, breaks
Personal care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 11, 2017
personal care worker, learned compassion hardest part when held over mantory. Getting to know the patients and make friends with many people. Enjoyable place to work
Nice place to work-awesome people.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 2, 2017
#1-Typical day was to prep my loads,and do anything
Else they need.
#2-Learned to drive a bigger truck.
#3-Management was fair and always listened.
#4-Worked with the very young and very old, both
Had to have respect.
#5-Hardest part of the the job was when the truck
Would break down.
#6-Sharing a lunch or cup of coffee with a c0-worker or patient.
Pros
Nice pace.
Cons
No benefits.
North Central Health Care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 4, 2016
I loved my residents and I love what I do!
Management was not so good and employees where not treated with respect. I love being a CNA and taking care of people, making there lives better. The management was not helpful at all and made you feel like you where not part of the team.
Interesting place to work.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 12, 2016
Worked with persons with a variety of backgrounds. I enjoyed working with the people. Pay and benefits were good. Got to get out of the office and job coach the people. I enjoyed mentoring some of the people. Hardest part of job was finding new places for people to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Some persons could have challenging behaviors
Hard long days, but learning all the time.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2015
Good place to work. Learning new things everyday. Getting help when needed. Easy to work and learn new things. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Overall Good
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 12, 2014
Working at the healthcare center is an overall great place to work. The employees, the managers and the residents are all wonderful. The people are nice, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job would have to be working with the elderly and seeing them struggle. The most enjoyable part is seeing the elderly smile and laugh. I also love the people I work with.