NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Advancement opportunities, good work environment, work satisfaction
Director of the Associate Degree Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMarch 15, 2019
After one year as a faculty member, I was promoted to Director of the Associate Degree Nursing program and held that position for 10 years.
I interviewed all prospective candidates for the nursing program, worked closely with my faculty, helped with exam development as needed, counseled with students, and taught two courses: Basic Nursing and Mental Health
I learned the requirements of the Texas Board of Nursing relating to the education of nursing students and attended meetings in Austin twice a year to interact with other Directors of Nursing Programs
I had the support of the College President, the Dean of the Health Sciences Department and the faculty who worked with me
The hardest part of the job was counseling students who had failed the program and helping them find resources to continue in the healthcare field
The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing my students graduate and securing a job or attaining acceptance into a university to further their education
Pros
enjoyable work environment; discounts at the bookstore, working with students
Cons
unhappy students
Great Place to Work
Dual Credit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXMarch 12, 2019
Excellent place to work with excellent benefits and time off. Moral and Standards are implemented and followed. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Great support system.
Pros
Excellent Time Off, Excellent Benefits, Great retirement
Cons
Slow to advance
MATHEMATICS TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXMarch 7, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at NCTC. My manager was fantastic, coworkers were great and the students were engaging. I can say tutoring math for over 3 years really provided a challenge that helped me develop teaching and problem solving skills.
great work study job
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXFebruary 6, 2019
your shifts vary by what classes you have and how long they will be, but you get pretty involved in helping out in events and working with the school in city council meetings. You meet a lot of people you never thought you would meet.
Pros
you are allowed to study while you on your shift
Cons
your paycheck comes in once a month
Love working security at NCTC
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXJanuary 27, 2019
This job allows me to be a full-time student and work full-time too. Very nice benefits package to go along with it. Scheduling is great as well. Management does their best to work with you.
Pros
Everything except pay
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXJanuary 16, 2019
The school was affordable and the staff was friendly. I received a scholarship for my efforts as an ambassador for the school and I graduated with honors.
LVN Faculty, Simulation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXOctober 4, 2018
long hours with no reward. I loved my students and my job but management was lacking and lacked direction. I feel the trend is coming back to where it used to be when you could say you were proud to work at this institution.
Pros
student success
Cons
aggressive management
A perfect example of why government-run entities don't work
administrative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If you're not from the Cooke County area, don't expect to move up. The amount of nepotism and good ol' boy attitude that exists here is nauseating. There is no accountability. Someone who does a great job and goes above and beyond will get the same pay raise as someone who does just enough to get by. Leadership at the top is non-existent...just a chancellor who changes his mind any time the wind blows.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
low pay, poor management, no leadership, low morale, nepotism
In charge of financial aid applications and terms as well as dead lines .
Financial Aid Advisor Assisted students (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Assisted students with all of their financial aid needs as well as helped them fill out the fafsa and tasfa and made sure they got the most financial aid that they could possibly get.
Pros
Free health care great school schedule.
Positive environment
Faculties Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Great attitudes everyone one working as a team. Promote within, great management. The hardest for me was having to leave the school. My work and the many people that became family and dear to me
Benefits
professional and relaxed
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXAugust 27, 2018
I was a classroom instructor for dual credit college students and had the pleasure of seeing these young people grow into career minded adults. The director was wonderful to work for and I learned a lot from her. The hardest thing I had to do was leave to move back home.
Pros
Great hours and pay
Cons
no benefits
Quiet work place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJuly 25, 2018
The whole staff is extremely friendly. It is a very quiet work place. The staff members incharge of training were very patient and kind. I would recomend this place to anybody.
Lifelong Learning Instructor
EKG Instructor (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXMay 2, 2018
Six hour per week instructor, teaching EKGs to CMA and EKG students. I was given a lot of autonomy and great equipment and visuals to help me perform my job.
Pros
autonomy
My time at NCTC Bowie
CPR/First Aide Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXApril 28, 2018
I have not worked at this campus since 2010. I have no opinion how the college is run, During my time there the atmosphere was very professional and I enjoyed going to teach my classes
Collaborative school with lots of students from the local University in my classes
Part-time Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXApril 8, 2018
It was overall a relax atmosphere. The location was good for me and I enjoyed interaction with the students. It is a Community College and a lot of people from all walks of life were enrolled as students.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Pay
Rewarding and Challenging
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXApril 5, 2018
I teach online so I do not have a work day in the traditional sense. In the morning I check my email from students that came in during the night, adjust my online courses if needed, and end the day responding to students' emails.
A Great Place to Work
Career Readiness Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Central Texas CollegeFebruary 23, 2018
The Chancellor of the college and his leadership staff has created a Student First cultural. Therefore, we have an overall excellent workplace culture and work together as a team to provide support and assistance to our students. In addition, we have an excellent work/life balance, great benefits and excellent training opportunities.
Loved it but there was just too much stress in my life at the time.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I loved being an adjunct professor, but my bus driving job actually paid more per semester - lol! Anyway my mom died and my stepfather had a brain tumor and I was the executor and just couldn't continue with 3 jobs and all that!
Great Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I took this position hoping it would provide me more time at home with my little one. I haven't looked back since! Coming from a job where I worked 50-55 hours a week, the compressed work week (Monday-Thursday 8-5 & Fridays 8-noon) was a huge draw.

Lots of paid time off - 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, 1 week personal time plus paid holidays (one week for Christmas, one week for spring break, plus others). You can't work 38 hours a week and get paid for 40 many places! .

My days are busy and fast-paced, but I am able to finish all my work and leave on time most days. Very rarely do I stay past 5:00.

Managers seem to be very invested in their employees' success and development. My direct supervisor is hands off, but very approachable if I need help with anything which is a working environment I personally thrive in.

I really enjoy being a part of something much bigger than me. NCTC has been a great place for me and my current season of life.
Pros
Benefits, Time Off, Work/Life Balance
Good experience
Part Time Receptionist for The Dean's Office (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
This position was ne of my first professional position in America. I really appreciated the experience it provided with. I enjoyed working with my supervisors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2