North Country Business Products, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Good Place to work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 21, 2018
Relaxed environment and you will be rewarded for working hard and helping the company grow. Enjoyed the job, learned what I could and moved on to further my career.
Horrible place to work!Don't do it!
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 12, 2018
Working at north country was a terrible experience!Managers will play the blame game even if you work your butt off and will fire you for the dummest reasons!Pay is really bad too and expect you to work hard for them.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
review
Hospitality Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 17, 2017
My position was eliminated and the culture is toxic, no one is held accountable for their work and actions. It is a shame as they would loose great people and keep the bad apples.
Pros
Cons
all above
Awful
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 1, 2017
Easily the worst job I have ever had. Unrealistic job expectations, poor management and poor handling of on-call rotation.

You'll spend most of your time alone in the car and when you get to where you're going, you'll find decades old equipment to try and "fix". Any support you try to find when calling back to your home office will be non-existent/inadequate. You will also be faced with new equipment and software you have never seen or heard about with a customer waiting for you to fix it.

To summarize, never work here. North Country Business Products, pays poorly for what they expect, does not provide adequate training, has you working all hours of the day, pays even more poorly while you are on call and is laughable when it come to supporting its Field Service Technicians.
Pros
Baptism by fire.
Poor management, favortism, no respect for employees
Branch Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 29, 2016
No breaks were allowed, no PTO allowed for first 90 days, too much was expected in an 8 hour workday. Employees weren't treated fairly or respectfully, and company was unethical in many of it's business decisions. Employees weren't allowed to have opinions or ideas. Poor training with no written procedure guidelines.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits after 1 year, ESOP benefits
Cons
No breaks, unreasonable expectations, poor management
Official response from North Country Business Products, Inc.
July 21, 2016

Everyone has their own perspective, however we would like to clarify a few things. NCBP prides itself on being an ethical employer, as well as promoting a servant leadership culture. We expect all of our associates to treat our customers, fellow associates and vendors with the utmost respect at all times. We believe in doing the right things for the right reasons and upholding our company values. Being an ESOP company gives us a unique perspective and approach to our culture and policies. We acknowledge that NCBP isn’t a culture for everyone; our associates definitely work hard every day to get the job done, breaks are allowed and strongly encouraged. We strive to be as transparent as we can in our interview process to communicate accurate expectations.

Point Of Sale System Installer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 20, 2016
A good place to work, you will always be learning something new. There are a lot of knowledgeable employees that care about their job and customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Outside Sales/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 29, 2015
Team oriented workplace focusing on collaborative success with in the sales force. While also competitive the ultimate drive was to work as a team to ensure all employees were successful.
Pros
Health, dental, 401k, employee owned
Cons
N/a
Good place to work providing niche top level technologies
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 19, 2015
N.C.B.P. provides their customers with a high level of support and training. Likewise they provide their employees a fast paced learning opportunity in multiple areas related to business technologies.
Pros
Provide the latest technologies and learning experiences
Cons
High level requirement to be available at all times for customer support.
Wonderful place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 22, 2013
North Country is unique because they are 100% employee owned. This is a great benefit for associates because not only do they get financial benefits but since their extra income depends on the company's success, all the associates work very well together. Managers treat others like peers and everyone feels welcome. This was a great place for me to spend so many hours of my day!
Pros
Esop, flexible, understanding, great management.
Cons
Liked tasks and was always challenged
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNNovember 17, 2012
Supervised production and shipping departments as well as being in charge of in-house sales requiring lots of phone time as well as travel to gift shows.
expects far too much from their employees
Remote Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 24, 2012
poorly managed company who expects far too much for the compensation they offer. 3 state/200 store area, on call 24/7 for $13/hr?
Pros
self supervised
Cons
24/7 on call, very very poorly managed, zero room for advancement, zero compassion for field techs concerning driving hours, on call hours and poorly micromanaged by corrupt managers
Fine place to work
Help Desk Level II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 8, 2012
Fine place to work, family owned, but some politics and office favorites. Obsession with using the help desk as a profit center lends itself to higher stress levels than are really needed.
never boring< nice coworkers
service tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth,mnJanuary 13, 2012
Loved working up north. Met a lot of interesting people. Lots of challenges. Coworkers were fun to work with.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Country Business Products, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

North Country Business Products, Inc. Reviews by Location