North Dakota State University Employee Reviews

工作氛围好 工作环境舒适,时间合理
项目设计师,助理讲师 (Former Employee) –  Cass County, NDJune 16, 2018
工作环境好,学习氛围好,与同事和老师之间有良好的沟通,可以学到很多方面的知识,让我在学术和创新方面都有很大的提高。
Pros
有奖学金
I was an intern...
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 5, 2018
My internship went well and I feel my input was valued. The internship was a great compliment to my course schedule. The individual overseeing the internship provided outstanding leadership.
Grad Student
Graduate Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 30, 2018
Facilities for the chemistry dept are an antiquated joke. The state really ought to look into the people they hire and what they do with their time and valuable resources. I do not regret my time here nor the lessons that I took away, but feel there is great potential for better outcomes with more oversight. Staff cannot simply wander away from work and be unaccountable for months at a time.
Pros
Do whatever you want most of the time
Cons
Do whatever you want most of the time
Good job to have as a student!
Student Staff at NDSU RDC (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 14, 2018
The pay could've been better, but they cooperate with your schedule and you will make lots of new friends in the RDC. Simple work to clear your mind outside of class. Recommended.
Pros
Discount meals, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Decent place to work
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 3, 2018
It is a pretty laid back place to work. I got along with the people I worked with well and there wasn't too much in the way of stress. The hardest part for me was getting to know the people, because there are so many of them.
Best job to have while a full time student.
Cereal Crop Technician (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 19, 2018
This is a relax, enjoyable job to have while in school. There is always something to be done, but no stress associated with the work. Weekend work is available for a few more hours on the paycheck, but no a requirement to work here.
Working for you neighbors
Slope County Extension Agent (Former Employee) –  Amidon, NDApril 14, 2018
Answering calls on all things from agriculture to 4-H, lawn and garden and all things in between. If the people work and justification wasn't based on numbers but percent of county served it would have been easier to deal with management.
Great work environment
Recreation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 12, 2018
This was a part-time employment during the school semester. The working staff was very friendly and cooperative. Daily dealings with other students and faculty.
good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 10, 2018
very good place. Just very cold, snow half a year. City is very small. school is very nice. environment is good. people are nice to me. workplace culture is good
Quick paced and fun place to work
Student Cook and Barista (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 14, 2018
I was involved with the daily preparation of meals on wheels. When there wasn't as much to do, I worked in the coffee shop attached to the dining center. I learned how to work as part of team and speak up when needed. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was my coworkers.
Pros
Discounted meals
Great experience!
Graduate Assistant for Fraternity & Sorority Life (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 24, 2018
Enjoyed my co-workers and students. NDSU provided me with many learning opportunities. My position allowed me to grow both personally and professionally.
Great place to learn and work
Graduate Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2018
Working toward a Ph.D. is tough, but the culture and people at NDSU make it fun! The facilities are improving and updates are happening every year. The professors really appreciate their students.
This is an excellent university
Teaching assistant/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 9, 2018
The North Dakota State University is an excellent place to study and work. I am currently doing my master's degree here and working as a research assistant and teaching assistant together that helps me a lot.
Full time
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 17, 2018
My Typical day starts out unlocking doors, cleaning the entire area assigned, which continues throughout the entire day. I love my immediate supervisor, but think very little of overall management. Lip service runs rampant towards the custodial staff, which in turn brings down all moral in the work place culture. If you ask a majority of state employees what is a good part of the jobs with the state, would be the benefits. Although the pay scale overall, ranks one of the lowest throughout the United States.
Productive, slow paced, fun environment
Soybean Lab Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 10, 2018
Excellent place to work and create lasting friendships with coworkers. A few of the employees are retired so the environment is a tad slow, but still really fun.
Part-Time
Maintenance and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 10, 2018
I worked part time for Residence life doing grounds-keeping work. It was the best job I could have possibly found as I was completing my degree at the same time. The atmosphere was very laid back but efficient. The guys I worked with will be friends for life and I am truly grateful to have worked there.
Full Day Care
Box Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 9, 2017
The mission of United Day Nursery Inc. is to provide year around quality care an an educational child care program designed to fulfill the needs of children.
I am currently PRN at Eventide Fargo.
Student (Current Employee) –  North DakotaDecember 6, 2017
I have over 15 years retail experience. J.C. Penny in Fine Jewelry for 10 years. I was a manager at Herbergers. I love working at the small kiosks. You have beautiful pictures put on canvas.
Pros
Base pay plus commission.
A very good learning experience
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 28, 2017
Coming from India, NDSU never seemed like somewhere different. The community is very interactive and joyful to be with. They made me feel like one of their own. The work environment is very competitive with many bright minds trying to explore different new strategies in the engineering domain. I was fortunate to work with my advisers who gave me immaculate suggestions to carry out my research work. The culmination of control systems and power systems in my PhD work gave me a new direction to look at issues concerning the state of the art technologies. The culmination of coursework and research work always complemented each other, leading to better understanding of the topics required in a PhD program.
The learning environment of NDSU with the laid back feel of Fargo made me more efficient in thinking and carrying out my research better. It has been a great learning curve for me here.
Great
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 18, 2017
Great experience! I went for a summer internship and they treated me extremely well. I would recommend NDSU to everyone. IT was a rewarding experience.
Pros
everything