North East Independent School District Employee Reviews

I work in a nice environment where I can assist students with special needs and regular students with their daily assignments, and collaborate with th
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2019
I usually work with special education and regular students with a collaboration with the class teacher. I take the students to the cafeteria and gym and assistance to transport to another class.
It all depends on the administration
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2019
If you have a good principal, you will be in a good climate where you can help students. If not, God help you. It is very fast paced and you can’t get it all done. But if you have good admin, your best can be enough.
Pros
Good colleagues, secure job, ok benefits
Fun and productive
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2019
Great place to work for a part time job. Very flexible hours and work. If guaranteed 40hrs a week I would want to stay forever. Overall great staff and co-workers.
Pros
Very flexible schedule.
Cons
Not many hours
Great Experience
Bus driver full time (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2019
I had a great experience being able to take care of the students. I enjoyed the hours and the opportunity to expand my skills. I was able to receive a CDL as an accomplishment of my hard work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2019
I truly enjoy working with NEISD. The job flexibility is great & there is also a great community built within the district. As a substitute I get to work in many different environments. These different environments have allowed me to learn many new things & work with many different kinds of people.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2019
Its an education industry with no learning actually happening. Every meeting is a complaint-fest. The one thing that happens is to see who is the new hire every month and who is no longer present.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
weak organization, high stress, low pay and no work life balance
Not much to say
Warehouseman/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217April 30, 2019
Not much to say. Tipical day was pulling the routes orders in bulk to then organized it by school in order. Load the truck to deliver the orders next day.
Pros
Great peoplr to work with
Cons
All politics
Fast-Paced, Low-Rewards
staff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2019
Day-to-day operations are very fast-paced. Highly-demanding. Promotions are hard to come by. Nice co-workers. Pay is not commensurate. Questionable leadership decisions.
teacher
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Excellent school district to work for. Hard to gain employment, need to know someone to get hired. The salary is competitive. I had to relocate or i would have worked there for my whole career.
Pros
off summers
Cons
long hours, hard to move up in district
Its kids so expect to deal with non-sense
Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Really don't have any authority over program. It's chaos non stop, parents are dead weight, administration is anti social and teachers are in constant stress. Its a very lonely role.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Spend own money, lack of support, over population and attitude from all stakeholders
I enjoyed working there.
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2019
I enjoyed driving for the special need children. I liked having assistance. It would be better if we got more paid time off. The early morning time was hard to get use to. The pay was good and the medical benefits were great.
Pros
The pay and management was good
Cons
The paid time off was not good
Easy work, terrible pay
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
District funding is always being cut, offering few opportunities for annual raises or increased compensations. There are often hiring freezes due to budgetary restrictions.
Great District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
Professional development was always available in many different areas. There was new technology to integrate into the classrooms every year. The workplace culture really differs from school to school depending on the administration.
Great district
Special Education (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 5, 2018
This is great district to work for. Overall the school I worked for was great. Of course administration will never be perfect and there will be ones you like and dont. The coordinators were good in the department I worked with. The only downfall is what is there is no compensation for SPED. While the yearly salary is great, there's no stipend . Over a great district and I hope I can work for them again soon!
Good
Assistant Director for Digital Online Resources (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2018
Typical Day: Good
What You Learned : A lot
Management: Adequate
Workplace Culture: Adequate
The Hardest Part of the Job: Management Interaction
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Flexibility
Keep school cleaned
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I would go to work, get started cleaning classrooms, offices, etc. I learned good ways of treating co-workers to get job done. Hardest part of the job was to get help from management.
Love the students, all the other things not so much
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2018
Going into teaching I had an open mind and hoped it would be a great experience but this career has challenged a lot of my mental fortitude and thoughts on collaboration in education that I thought was existent.
N/a
KIN Site Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
A typical day at work was busy and something new always comes up. There are plenty opportunities for growth with the company and they strongly promote professional development.
Fast paced and fun
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
A typical day for me is one that is very busy and never boring. I never know who will walk into my clinic or when I will be called to tend to a student experiencing a medical emergency, i.e.- hypoglycemic episode, an asthma attack, seizure, a fractured extremity or a drug overdose.

The best part of my job is that I am trusted and respected by my students, their parents and my colleagues.

The hardest part of my job is working with students who are homeless, hungry, or victims of physical and or sexual abuse. Although I do my best to advocate for these children, I cannot take away the emotional pain they endure.
Pros
Great hours and weekends off.
Cons
The lack of tuition reimbursement or enough free CEUs for school nurses.
I absolutley love working for this school district!
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2018
You're treated like family. Beautiful support team. It's wonderful to be such a great part of child development.

It was a joy and a pleasure to work at Driscoll Middle School.
Pros
Great working enviroment.
Cons
You don't get paid 3 months out of the year.