North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Pay is not very good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32605June 19, 2018
let me just start by saying the pay is low but is not the issue management shows extreme favoritism and is does not go above and beyond to settle a situation.
Not enough staff
Nurse Technician II (Former Employee) –  gainesvilleJune 13, 2018
I had days where I had 30 patients because we were so short staffed. I felt it was unsafe. But had some very talented and passionate nurses who took amazing care of their patients.
Pros
free meal tickets sometimes
Cons
only got 2 calls offs a year without disciplinary action
Fast Pace but Fun
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 7, 2018
North Florida has a lot to offer. As a housekeeper I have many floors to be on to clean. I meet new people all the time co workers and patients. Patients are always pleased to know that I am working that day. I don't just clean a room I talk to the patient like family. The floor that I am assigned to we act like family. Sometimes we have disagreements but we still pull together and get the job finished for the patients sake. I enjoy interacting with the patients and family.
Pros
sometimes not enough help to finish job in one day
Cons
benefits, college reinbursement
Great place to work. Administration and HCA gives you the tools to be successful. Well supported on the balance of work and home
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Facilities, Gainesville,FlJune 3, 2018
Worked in Facilities at North Florida for years. North Florida gives you a place to grow professionally and personally. Administrators do an excellent job at allowing the Department to keep up with the newest technologies and education. People in the facilities department are a close meshed team. Quick paced with Life Saftey responsibilities. So if you come to work here (which I highly recommend) and you are more concerned about raising money for a bass tournament this probably isn't the place for you.
Pros
Working with the professionals in Facilities, Learning best practices from the greatest organization in the country. HCA
Cons
North Florida is a good place to work.
Worked in Facilities (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 31, 2018
NFRMC overall is a great place to work. Senior Management has a good vision and are very nice. Facilities is a terrible place to work. Facility Director has no, none, zero people skills! Very demanding, micro manager. Only cares about the numbers and himself. Does not care how the employees are treated. Promises will be made during the hiring process...get them in writing! Would not recommend working there. Good Luck if you decide to.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Director Of Facilities
very nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 24, 2018
very easy and flexible an works with you. They do many activities that include their employess but just hard for night shift to join in anything. Med surg has a wonderful director
Fast pace work place
PT Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 16, 2018
always busy checking in and out patients, checking insurances,balances ,learn new things everyday about insurance and computer inputs.
Management is great ,busy, work with a lot of wonderful people.
I love to talk to our patients ,they always have stories to tell about themselves.
Pros
lunch free sometimes
Excellent Learning Environment
Intensive Care Unit RN/ Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2018
Excellent place for learning and collaborating with a professional healthcare team. Benefits in paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance plus retirement.
hospital
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work consists of being assigned to one of many areas that make up the pharmacy from preparing non sterile compounds, IV compounding to delivering medications. Requires a great attention to detail and patience. Answering phones and problem solving. The hardest part of this job is learning all the different areas. The most enjoyable is delivering medications and getting to see staff and patients within the hospital and know that you are helping.
great organization
Supply Chain Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 8, 2018
great place to work regardless of the department
fast paced environment
networking under pressure in a workplace environment
meet patients and assist with there needs
job is not really hard
Geeting to help people with their essential needs is always great
toxic
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 1, 2018
The department manager is an anti-vaxxer... Think about it - an anti-vaxxer department head in a HOSPITAL. Moreover, if you're not white or christian he's not going to treat you well... underhanded & manipulative human
Oncology/Medical Surgical Rn Travel Contract (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 26, 2018
Great nurses and ten environment! Superb director! Wry yoga ized and relaxed atmosphere. Nurses very willing to help others. Even though nightshirt was not for me it was made ok because of staff. Good night shift food choices as this hospital has a great sandwich shop that says open till I think 1:00 am
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Working nights not good for my health
Relaxing work environment,Friendly and caring employees
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 20, 2018
Very busy work environment,Great area,clean and caring employees.hard workers who strive to help all patients,visitors ect fair and as fast as possible.can be stressful at times but it's calm and relaxing most times.very nice and caring coworkers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks, benefits.
Leadership Team
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2018
The leadership team at NFRMC is amazing. All of our hard work is to give patients and their families the best care that we are capable of giving.The teamwork is outstanding and a very positive environment. Everyone is happy to be there.
Toxic invironment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 18, 2018
I worked for this company for about 6 month. It was very toxic inviroment. The team in the OR was very unfriendly. It was very hard to go through my orientation.
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 14, 2018
This was my first Nursing job, and I loved it. It gave me a lot of experience, and I learned a lot. I love the manager, clinical coordinator, and staff. i got a lot with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the staff to patient ratio. It was mostly 7:1, and sometimes it was 8:1. That was not safe and it got to be very busy at times. Other than that the staff worked great together.
Mostly positive
Registered Nurse- PRN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32605February 13, 2018
It was a great opportunity to enhance nursing skills, but more focus was placed on favoritism and HCAP scores. The atmosphere overshadowed the work experience
Thoughts of my Current job
EKG Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2018
I learned most of my skills working for North Florida. My instructors were patient, and helpful, dedicated in teaching me new skills.
The disciplines that I worked with have become family.

Working in the I.C.U. can be and is challenging as well as stressful. It is rewarding when we see patients recover and leave the unit and travel to a progressive unit or floor. It is also sad to lose a patient after we do all that can be done to save lives.

I enjoyed my job in Medical Records. I learned about the importance of obtaining and verifying health information, making sure that the patient's health records were complete. It was the job that I felt that was most important at the time. It held me to a standard of excellence. I wanted to be the best that I could be for my job.
I was disappointed that the department was out sourced.
Pros
working with a group of dedicated people who care about the people we treat
Cons
Very little support from managemet
Wonderful place to work in the medical profession
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Taking care of people after surgery and helping them to improve their outcomes was the typical and most important part of my duties. I learned many new things in reference to healthcare and the changing technology in the care of patients as well as the developing role the CNA or patient tech plays. It is a real medical teaching environment. The most difficult aspect of the job is avoiding human error, so documentation is very important. I really enjoy having a patient on my shift or in my care get discharged home. This is very rewarding and makes all my bad days seem nonexistent.
Pros
Good pay, food credits, free treatments and private room as a patient
Cons
Long hours, some difficult patients, doctors and nurses.
Oddly Competitive and Numbers-Based Hospital
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Typical day at work: Endless stream of orders and work, stressed coworkers, stressed patients

What I learned: Numbers and orders fulfilled are more important than the quality in interacting with patients

Management: Some overhead management departments try to micromanage other departments without fully appreciating what said departments have to do; the actual department directors/managers are very kind and willing to listen

Workplace culture: Largely nice and social, every now and then a little rough or aggressive due to stress

Hardest part of the job: Keeping on a smile for the patients

Most enjoyable part of the job: lunch break
Pros
Employee discounts for food, helping patients
Cons
Little career advancement, competitive environment in a hospital, one half-hour break even if working 12+ hours in one shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Florida Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Florida Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location