Play YouTube video button

North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States214 reviews
Featured review
North Florida Regional Medical Center selected this as a representative review
Excellent place for learning and collaborating with a professional healthcare team. Benefits in paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance plus retirement.
Organized, very compassionate, and clean
Very nourishing, well-maintained, and great food

New vision on new building

Bright

No high falls

Star RN program
The management does not care about the employees. The company is all about profit and does not care who suffers. Empathy, compassion, and integrity are not on the list of items to look for when you work for this company. This company takes unsafe short cuts with patient care and safety. This company is about Profits before People. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great cafateria food
Cons
No breaks, unsafe work environment
Team members help and support each other. Hospital does not recognize the MICU contribution to the hospital. The MICU Director tries her best to support the team the best way she can.
I gave my 2 weeks notice and work those 2 weeks before leaving. I went to reapply and they told me they couldn't rehire me because my boss put in the system that I abandoned my job. Which was a lie because I have proof. I had to tell them to update how I left the company in their system. Very fake set of people. They only care about what you can do for them. Not about their employees.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Love people I worked with, the upper management and administration march to corporate orders, they are not in touch with what we do as care givers. The upside the people I worked with are like family
U.S. healthcare often leaves much to be desired. It's the unfortunate nature of a privatized health insurance-saturated market that costs will be cut, and eventually due to the market demands, those cuts end up being in staff wage increases or staffing.

My experience working for HCA has been different than my other private healthcare experiences, unnamed companies for whom I have worked. Although they still do cost-cutting measures (as do all companies), they sent in a representative to speak to the staff about how the workplace could be improved. Although a significant amount of what was addressed is impossible to immediately address (there is a pandemic occurring), everything that was possible to be corrected immediately, was. The environment changed, and attitudes in the workplace along with it.

I'm not saying the company & hospital are perfect; My philosophical viewpoints are that anything can be improved, under any circumstance. But this place seems well-operated, and I'm comfortable working here knowing that improved employee support & patient safety measures are a corporate consideration.
One of the best teams I have worked with. Everyone is there to help each other during month end and watches each others back. will definitely recommend
Nfrmc was a great hospital to work at
The pay was great

Some management showed favoritism

I had great and easy work days

The patients were great
It is a great place to work, however their pay is the lowest in North Florida region and they are the only HCA that doesn't have it's own separate PRN rate. Even without benefits, you will make the same as a full time employee which tends to be on average lower than surrounding hospitals.
They would be able to keep more loyal employees if they would compensate them well.
I really loved my colleagues but the hospital is all about the money. I felt as though my job was only measured by productivity and not quality. "Paid" holidays are not really paid by the company, you have to use PTO if you want to get paid for the holiday.
The culture is toxic and highly stressful. There’s a lot of unfair expectations for supervisors from the managers. There’s no merit raises. There’s no physical help from mangers.
I had a very good experience with this company and Is willing to go back. They have nice employees and very good services for patients as well. They are flexible with hours because of school.
Its a good job with a team that really tries and cares, it is fast pace and stressful so if your not ready for that type of work environment i wouldnt recommend it
Working here gave my much experience and is great for a new CNA, Med Tech or Nurse. Room for advancements and you can always transfer to a different floor if you like.
At North Fl. Regional I work the behavioral health floor... I love being able to conversate with the patients and helping them through a difficult time...
I enjoyed working in ER because I was given the opportunity to learn and educate others. The staff worked as a team and I could count on them. The physicians were very helpful with new employees.
Overall, best place to work with great management and team of dietitians . Worked as a full time employee for 71/2 years but continued my PRN status . Received 20 years service award last year . Now looking for full time job
Fine organization. I have no complaints, left because I moved away. Good benefits, fair pay, and employees are all really nice. Executive Team is really supportive and nice as well.
Great environment to work along with amazing staff. I learned a great deal and will use this experience towards my next job. Could not have ask for a better team to work with. Absolutely thankful to have worked there.
I work in Food Service and its like being in high school. Everyone is a bully the management doesn't care. The directors do nothing but make excuses for lazy employees because they are so scared to loose any one. Our turn over rate is terrible because the hours are outrageous. Only their "favorites" have set schedules, everyone else is stuck with whatever. One day you may have a normal 8 hour shift then the next day you may be there for 12+ hours from 6:00am-7:30pm (sometimes later if the work isn't finished on time) then they will want you back at 6:00am the next morning for a 4 hour shift. These people have no idea how to make a decent work schedule. Job work/life balance? haha that's non existent. How can you balance life when your leaving work at 7:30pm (most of the time later like after 8pm) and have to be back at 6am? What if you have kids? What if you live far away? The sad part is when they have interviews they are lying to these people. They are telling them that we have set schedules and that we only work 8 hour shifts. I've tried to transfer to a different department and they put a "transfer hold" on you so you can't leave. I have been shorted over time hours on my paycheck and I have been to HR about it on multiple occasions. These people DO NOT CARE everything is an excuse. I have been to HR about the bullying and nothing was resolved. Funny thing is they some how turned it around and made it seem like I was making it up instead of actually going to investigate it. I have been looking for other employment for over the past year and I have had countless of interviews - more...
Pros
Cons
Bullying, Lies, Unfair pay, Hours not flexible, no life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Florida Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
North Florida Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location