North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good Workplace
Food Service Worker/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Great Job Pays Well Good Benefits upper management needs works, Most its a fun place to work , steady work flow, needs more training in place for new employees
A very productive work environment
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I had a very pleasant work experience at North Florida, I learned a lot about how an endoscopy nursing unit works. The doctors were willing to teach during the procedures, as well as the nurses.
Pros
You learn something new everyday
Cons
You have only 30 minute breaks regardless of how long your shift is
Just Starting but so far...
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT PRN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 31, 2019
I am just beginning my career with North Florida Regional and so far I enjoy it. The culture there is fun and fast paced. Policy and procedures are laid out clearly, along with employer expectations.
Clean unit and fast paced.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Facility is clean and I enjoy working with the staff. Patients are awesome. Grateful that the Director and the Assistant director gave me the opportunity as a new nurse to work on their unit. Also, to be a part of their StaRN program.
Pros
Continuing education for staff
Cons
Long hours and fast paced.
Fun and comfortable workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Always have a positive attitude because you never know who is watching. I love the company, the managers are fair and loyal. The company make you feel at home at all times. It is a pleasure working for the company.
Pros
Gifts, gift cards, etc
Cons
Short breaks
Productive overall organized
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 21, 2019
We’re responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
Wonderful coworkers who made even difficult days bearable
CARDIAC ICU REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I learned so much in my time at NFRMC. My fellow nurses are now considered family. We were always laughing and make the most of difficult situations. They always had my back, from PT & OT to housekeeping- we all had each other’s backs.
Pros
Amazing coworkers & patients, always learning
Cons
Management, staffing
NFRMC was a nice place to work!
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 6, 2019
I loved working for this hospital! I feel I touched many lives in my employment there! Management wasn't the best in my department, but I did love my position.
nice and friendly place
Preoperative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Everyone from the CEO to housekeeping has the same friendly and upbeat personality. Everyone speaks to everyone, it was truly one of the happiest places I have worked.
Fun place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose, FLDecember 17, 2018
Great place to work. Employees and management were very professional and easy to work with. Saw mostly senior citizens and the doctor was very good with his patients.

Want to know more about North Florida Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Job Security
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 7, 2018
I do not care to answer these questions about my current workplace
8 hours days
Learned how to do many things
Management is alright
busy place
teamwork
Very nice place to work
Registered EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 6, 2018
I have been working here for almost two years, I don't have any work issues. The health insurance prices could be a little better, but I love the ESPP program!!!
Reason forleaving
PBX Operator Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2018
After working PRN for 5 plus years-the Hospital refused to offer or provide health insurance benefits. This is ridiculous. A hospital not offering health insurance benefits. Our specific department would not offer even PT positions-because they would have to then provide health insurance. It is a huge slap in the face and THE ONLY reason I quit working for NFRMC
Good place to start
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
Cleaned patient rooms and emergency department, with frequent patient contact. Able to help co-workers when own work had been completed. Spent most of time working independently.
Pros
Patients and staff
Cons
Heavy traffic at times.
Ok place tp work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32605October 13, 2018
Management needs to be look at. There is alot going on with that. A lot of preference with co workers. Culture diferences and not least, lack of communication.
Run if you enjoy your sanity.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FloridaOctober 3, 2018
the patient to nurse and nursing staff ratio is insane you will literally be taken care of 40 to 50 patients because they are so understaffed. Nursing assistants and nurses usually have about seven to eight patients. I worked a med-surg floor and I will never work at this hospital again the managers don't care about you they sit in their office all day and then they come and do their leadership rounds where the patient gets to complain that they have their bet they haven't had their bed bath while the problem is is you're dealing with 30 other patients and it's impossible to get to them.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
You barely get a break and they write you up for silly things
Horrible experience
Nurse Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Claim to be patient oriented. Only care about their profit. They will lie on you so quickly and will push false accusations trying to fire you. Unless you are a doctor, director, CEO, or anyone higher up they don't care about your well-being. Avoid NFRMC as an employee or patient.
Research Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Beware: managers have been instructed to refrain from writing any letters of recommendation. Additionally, they are not allowed to reference you by phone.
Nutrition Server/Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work is trying to find out what area you are working , most of the time your manager is being lazy , you people that wants to be your manager ,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Profit over patients and staff
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 16, 2018
> Cuthroat! This hospital is definitely for profit. The administration cares more about the outside, and Christmas lighting, than patient care and staff. They have just gotten rid of positions that have proved not to be "profitable", by their standards. Full time, devoted RN's have lost their jobs, security, and benefits, with a two notice, many older nurses, having difficulty finding new positions. Awful hospital, awful place to work
Pros
Meals
Cons
Poor job security, lack of compassion from administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Florida Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Florida Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location