North Hennepin Community College Employee Reviews

Review summary
VA Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of assisting people with military benefits and running through what they would and could qualify for. At most there are a lot of students that comes into the VRC just to relax or have a good time.
study halll
computer lab help desks attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 28, 2018
the jib is just to help the student get extra money and providing time to study while working. there is not much work to be done. most of the works is answering phione
Productive and Exciting workplace envirnment
Student Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 6, 2018
I worked with other students at the front desk. We answered the phones, made phone calls, did projects handed to us by department staff for events happening on or off campus. We also helped out with college events, printed degree outlines, sent out acceptance/informational/invitation letters to different students and guests. We also gave campus tours to school groups and prospective students, as well as guiding many students to their class during the first weeks of the semester. Some of us also helped with data entry and scanning as well as organizing files for different staff in the office. We also took part in campus competitions like decorating the office for Halloween. The workplace was always serious when we needed to be and there were also times where we had fun talking about different topics ranging from different culture holidays and traditions to weekend plans. It is a very diverse college and office were I always learned new things about coworkers every day.
Pros
Work scheduled around classes
Cons
Don't know if there are
good
Club Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 4, 2018
Provide support for students studying mathematics
Help students to find resources to work on their course assignments and support them understanding course materials
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Being Part of the Education Field is Very Rewarding!
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 21, 2018
The Education Industry is very rewarding and has the potential for great opportunities for those in the technology field. The challenge is often funding and adoption by Administrative and Academic Stakeholders. The students are very appreciative and willing participants of any and all technology opportunities.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 10, 2018
The employees always got their work done. There was always new work every single day. So the environment was constantly changing. It was a nice quick-paced office setting.
Being a Peer Tutor is Rewarding Work
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 27, 2018
This is an excellent job for a full time college student. you are given the opportunity to work with others utilizing the knowledge you are learning. I very much enjoyed working as peer Tutor.
n/a
Data Entry/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2018
worked as a student worker. not much to say. it was decent but also a starting job to prepare me through my career. recommend attending as well to start a career
Great college
Information and Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 22, 2017
A typical day consist of helping students. You learned about students and their homeworks. The management is great with excellent staff and supervisors.
Upward Bound
Upward Bound Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 20, 2017
I only worked there as an upward bound employee so I don't have too much experience working for the actual college. The facilities are nice and it seems to be run well.
Nhcc
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 17, 2017
I loved working there. Temp positions are great! I really liked Karen who was in teh NHCC bookstore. The atmosphere was great and upbeat. I really enjoyed working there and would go back.
Fun
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 13, 2017
Work environment was great. Everyone got along and was able to handle the workload. Deadlines were met although sometimes it got hectic. First two weeks of the semester are always the busiest and toughest.
Pros
causal fridays
Cons
busy day
This was a low pressure, and thus unmotivating environment.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 28, 2017
There is very little room to advance here. The full-time faculty seem entrenched. However, without a full-time position there is little job security or benefits. There is also essentially no research program.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not inspiring
Relaxed and innovative
Assistant Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 7, 2017
Was encouraged to come up with ideas on how to make the IT department fast and efficient. Learned how to use different soft wares to help students and clients solve problems they encountered with computers.
Work Study
Managerial, financial Accounting, QuickBooks TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 12, 2016
Work Study was what I took upon here at the North Hennepin Community College was the best decision I made, it linked me up with people that needed help and I get to work with people who chooses to be here in the tutor department. It brought out skills in me such as: problem solving, leadership skills, time managing, integrity, and patience.
Fun place to encourage others and be motivated. Could work between classes.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 8, 2016
Very interesting workplace with an opportunity to meet current, new and potential students every day. Giving a tours in the campus gave me the chance to be creative and have a self expression to motivate others to choose continual education. Working with faculties and stuff from different departments, admission and offices helped me to learn more bout the structure of our college. In addition, I became more experienced ambassador who could provide an accurate information to visitors, answer the phone, guide people to the needed direction and inform about additional services such TRIO or Access Service for disabled students.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short brakes
Work study job
Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 11, 2015
I do not have much to tell about my work study job. I love my supervisor. She is nice and on-going, she trust and care about her team members. I learned some technological skill, social and communication skils when working at college computer lab.
Pros
Work and study balance
Cons
Too short, and just a temporary position
Got first hand work experience working with people
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 6, 2014
I loved helping students out with their computer needs. It was fun to be a role model for college students and just helping them out ,so they were able to succeed in the classroom was rewarding feeling.
Productive and thie job always made me feel like a teacher.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work was sitting on a table in the library waiting for any student who needs my help or assistant him/her in arabic homework. the studnet who needed my help always taught me what I didnt know and i taught them what they needed my help in.
Pros
i can do my own homework while working.
Na
Student Tech Support Services (Former Employee) –  Brookyln park mnAugust 30, 2014
Good place to network and meet young and upcoming professional