North Hennepin Community College Employee Reviews

Being Part of the Education Field is Very Rewarding!
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 21, 2018
The Education Industry is very rewarding and has the potential for great opportunities for those in the technology field. The challenge is often funding and adoption by Administrative and Academic Stakeholders. The students are very appreciative and willing participants of any and all technology opportunities.
Being a Peer Tutor is Rewarding Work
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 27, 2018
This is an excellent job for a full time college student. you are given the opportunity to work with others utilizing the knowledge you are learning. I very much enjoyed working as peer Tutor.
n/a
Data Entry/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2018
worked as a student worker. not much to say. it was decent but also a starting job to prepare me through my career. recommend attending as well to start a career
Great college
Information and Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 22, 2017
A typical day consist of helping students. You learned about students and their homeworks. The management is great with excellent staff and supervisors.
Upward Bound
Upward Bound Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 20, 2017
I only worked there as an upward bound employee so I don't have too much experience working for the actual college. The facilities are nice and it seems to be run well.
Nhcc
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 17, 2017
I loved working there. Temp positions are great! I really liked Karen who was in teh NHCC bookstore. The atmosphere was great and upbeat. I really enjoyed working there and would go back.
Fun
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 13, 2017
Work environment was great. Everyone got along and was able to handle the workload. Deadlines were met although sometimes it got hectic. First two weeks of the semester are always the busiest and toughest.
Pros
causal fridays
Cons
busy day
This was a low pressure, and thus unmotivating environment.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 28, 2017
There is very little room to advance here. The full-time faculty seem entrenched. However, without a full-time position there is little job security or benefits. There is also essentially no research program.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not inspiring
Relaxed and innovative
Assistant Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 7, 2017
Was encouraged to come up with ideas on how to make the IT department fast and efficient. Learned how to use different soft wares to help students and clients solve problems they encountered with computers.
Work Study
Managerial, financial Accounting, QuickBooks TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 12, 2016
Work Study was what I took upon here at the North Hennepin Community College was the best decision I made, it linked me up with people that needed help and I get to work with people who chooses to be here in the tutor department. It brought out skills in me such as: problem solving, leadership skills, time managing, integrity, and patience.
Fun place to encourage others and be motivated. Could work between classes.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 8, 2016
Very interesting workplace with an opportunity to meet current, new and potential students every day. Giving a tours in the campus gave me the chance to be creative and have a self expression to motivate others to choose continual education. Working with faculties and stuff from different departments, admission and offices helped me to learn more bout the structure of our college. In addition, I became more experienced ambassador who could provide an accurate information to visitors, answer the phone, guide people to the needed direction and inform about additional services such TRIO or Access Service for disabled students.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short brakes
Work study job
Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 11, 2015
I do not have much to tell about my work study job. I love my supervisor. She is nice and on-going, she trust and care about her team members. I learned some technological skill, social and communication skils when working at college computer lab.
Pros
Work and study balance
Cons
Too short, and just a temporary position
Got first hand work experience working with people
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 6, 2014
I loved helping students out with their computer needs. It was fun to be a role model for college students and just helping them out ,so they were able to succeed in the classroom was rewarding feeling.
Productive and thie job always made me feel like a teacher.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work was sitting on a table in the library waiting for any student who needs my help or assistant him/her in arabic homework. the studnet who needed my help always taught me what I didnt know and i taught them what they needed my help in.
Pros
i can do my own homework while working.
Na
Student Tech Support Services (Former Employee) –  Brookyln park mnAugust 30, 2014
Good place to network and meet young and upcoming professional
So Many BOOKS
Book Puller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 21, 2014
You have a section/isle that you're assigned to such as Math, English, Science, and etc. There are multiple books placed at different areas of the shelves according to the type of class. Almost everyday is very busy with a lot of students. Students come up to you with their schedule and you have to obtain their texts for the classes they have. If the bookstore is messy, then you organize it and restock items.
Pros
Good pay for temp
Cons
Short breaks
Nice to company to work for. Every body likes there. it is a nice company.
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 23, 2014
Nice to company to work for. Every body likes there. it is a nice company.
It is a great place to learn and grow with amazing teachers.
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 16, 2013
I had the chance to student teach there and it was an amazing experience. The teachers there are very passionate and personable. They are full of knowledge.
Fun work palce
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 13, 2013
Greating student, data entry Learned problem solving stills, Great staff, Hard working team members. Hardest part High student placement, Enjoyable the divesity.
Pros
Able to do homework
Cons
short term /student worker
Productive and fun work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 26, 2013
• A typical day working as an Ambassador, I would start of giving congratulation calls to the students who have been accepted to North Hennipen. A congratulation call would normally go as: Hello my i speak with (Student name), Hi I am (my name) from North Hennipen Community College and I am just calling to congratulate you on acceptance to North Hennipen. (Student shows excitement, therefore i show excitement with them) Have you read the acceptance letter in the mail or email at all by any chance? (They would either respond with yes or no) Do you have any questions on the process or anything? (They may ask questions regarding to what to do next, financial aid questions, Placement test questions, and even questions on when to register.) When all of the calls or finished I would then continue to put information in the data entry. When that is complete i would then stuff folders that would be sent out to perspective students. I would finished with the work in the back office so i would have time to either do homework and/ or go to the front desk and ask for any projects that needs to be finished. Because i work with the information Center at North Hennipen, we have administration representatives that speaks with students who wish to enroll in the school, student ambassadors are also responsible in giving tours to those students. I would also be asked to sit in at the front desk to answer calls and answer questions or assist with students who need student id's, etc
• Because this was my first job, i learned hoe to scan documents, work with Microsoft Outlook, Use telephone etiquette,
  more... and work well in an office.
• Management in the office is very well. Everyone in the department get their job done which makes it easier for the admission representatives and the ambassadors.
• The co-workers that i work with or really friendly and fun to work with., I consider the co-workers that I work with at North Hennipen as another family. I hope to find another job with a department that is friendly with it's staff.
• The hard thing I would say being in countered with people (In person or on the phone) whom seem to have a bad day and the bet thing i can do is to try my best and make their day a better day and have them smile. That would be something hard that i would face with.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is just being around people who are energetic and helping people find the things they are searching for and making there day a bit easier for them and happier.
Pros
Making people happy, fun envirnment
Cons
Not enough hours