North Highland
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

North Highland Employee Reviews

United States126 reviews

northconsultnhfirmconsultantleadershipclientproject

Great place to work but experiencing challenges at this time

Consulting is an industry that has had its ups and downs. North Highland is a company that mirrors the overall industry. The company really needs to differentiate itself in the market place if they hope for success.

Be careful

Think hard regarding a position at this company. There is a lack of fairness, consideration, clarity the way employees are treated while on assignment.

Pros

Cons

see review

North Highland insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The lack of adequate and competent middle management.

Good company for Affiliates but more affordable benefits needed

Great consulting firm. It’s hard to get info on being a direct hire on North Highland staff. The affiliate work is ok and I’m happy with my current assignment but medical insurance is so expensive. Permanent NH associates have better benefits.

Productive and great team spirit even for contract employees.

Had an excellent working experience during the duration of my contract. I began my contract in January, and the onboarding process took two weeks, after which I went on to work with our client and was able to transition very quickly and receive all the tools needed to perform in my role.

You need a sponsor/executive supporting you to be successful

People are great. Culture is great. Leadership is changing but feels hierarchical at the executive level. We seem to be selling more staff augmentation work just to get our foot in the door at a client in the hopes of helping them with something more strategic.

Amazing people at all levels

Opportunity to work with amazing people throughout all levels of the firm. Very encouraging and supportive work environment with employees always willing to assist and give each other a hand.

Strong leadership, great company culture, great growth opportunities and good Place for working. there have may good people. This company have many opportunities for work.

Feels like family

Very good company to work for — they value their employees, offer good compensation, and the benefit packages are generous. It’s a team environment and everyone is always willing to help one another out.

I love North Highland!

I love North Highland! I went to a small high school, a small college, and then went to work for North Highland, which is a rather large, rather well-known company. It was exactly the experience I was looking for. More importantly, having been in sports all my life, team dynamics are very significant to me, and that’s what stood out the most when I started working here. At my last job, the “team” I was on, was not a team at all. We all worked individually, and there was little to no collaboration or investment in our other team members’ success. But here, I work closely with my coworkers, and I feel like I am an essential part of the company’s success on a day-to-day basis. As scary as that is, it’s very rewarding to know my direct impact on projects. This group does great work, but we also have a good time in and out of the office. I think the office environment and my coworkers are my favorite parts about working here.

Goal-oriented and enjoyable company

Ideal place to work, learn and develop your career. Have had some incredible opportunities so far. Appreciate the experiences I've received in my time at the company.Looking forward to the future.

Endless opportunities

The company provides a wide spectrum of opportunities to learn, grow and succeed. Pays attention to work life balance through various flexible work arrangements. Strong and vision driven management help employees to understand and achieve shared goals. It's a fun place to work with people from different diverse cultures. The hardest part of the job is to select one from the many interesting and challenging opportunities. Good employee benefits.

Fun and productive

I’ve been employed for over a year and I love it so far. I love my coworkers and the management team! The environment is great, and it’s overall a great place to work. I can definitely see myself here for a long time.

One of the best firms in the country

North Highland is one of the best firms in the USA hands down. Management, culture, environment, teamwork is top of the line. The job wasn’t easy by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoyed every aspect of it.

I learned how to create value in my time here

During my time at NH I learned the value of hard work, consistency and creating value for the Company and the Client. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. Building a strong dependable team that is able to exceed expectations of the Client and Organization is our objective.

I would recommend it

I would recommend working at North highland. They have the most comprehensive body of technical knowledge that I've come across. The company is very democratic and has an elevated degree of focus on diversity.

Great culture

Lovely people and flat leadership structure allows for a great culture that promotes camaraderie and encourages learning between peers and from people above you at all levels.

A fun experience

Working here was a fun experience, there are a bunch of amazing people, this experience exposed me to a lot of great opportunities, and I look forward to a better career and job prospects as a result.

Excellent place to get your start

Excellent place to start a career. If I get the opportunity to come back and work for North Highland again in the future, I would jump on it without hesitation. Wonderful.

Opportunities to better yourself

Fun environment to work with many opportunities for staff to better themselves. Everyone is treated with the same level of importance. Easy to settle into the company and staff are extremely friendly.

Only positive things to say about working here

A very exciting company. If you’re willing to work hard, they will advance you with training to support those advancements. Very forward-thinking with an amazing staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Highland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss