North Inc Employee Reviews

Good Stepping Stone
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  AramingoJuly 3, 2019
Management is sketchy here. There’s no communication from the top down. When I interviewed I was told that I’d be paid one amount and once I was hired got paid a lot less, which I later found out happened to the new hire group as well. I really do enjoy my job but I would really recommend applying at other counties before taking this position OR to apply in hopes of it opening the door elsewhere. The company is about numbers not about quality - unless it’s time for the yearly audit. You’ll always be overworked and understaffed. Nobody was trained properly so it’s a bunch of people kind of just guessing what everyone should be doing.
Pros
Employees, holidays/snow days
Cons
Management, pay, lies
The worst place for work . At the begging they promise you everything but after some time you get nothing
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILMay 26, 2019
Late wage, if you breakdown no money for repair, there is no home time(unless truck is in shop). If you complain it is even worse. Better go to prison- you will have better treatment
productive
WIC Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2019
the job was relatively easy; however, the pay for the job was lacking.Many of the Nutritionist stay about a year to gain more experience; I do like that we are able to get a lot of PTO and holiday days off
Pros
pto, days off
Cons
pay
5 Nortth
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
Basically a marketing firm. You get a small base salary and earnings are based on business to business commission. Leadership classes and alot of room to advance.
Pros
My only job in NYC. Got to learn alot about the business world.
Cons
commission based salary.
Stressful but learning opportunity is there.
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2018
My time at this company has allowed me to work under pressure and to be a team player. The company allows for paid time off and holiday pay. The atmosphere can be stressful and at times it does feel like employee value is not seen or acknowledged.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Company morale is low
Fun environment with sales experience
Leader and Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2018
Great job to learn transferable skills in other sales jobs and other jobs as well. Teach you how to deal customers directly and how to engage in conversation. Awesome learning experience and great people to work with that make coming to work fun.
Great employer with a diverse team.
Breastfeeding Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2018
North Inc provides job opportunity for those interested in working in the community. Based on the profession, there is room for management and leadership.
Room for improvement
Cons
Unstable funding
great place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I learned about nutrition education and I also give out information on nutrition education and community services. I enter act with participants on a daily basis . I gather information and key into database. The hardest part of the job is when a family has a child that is high risk. What I love about my job is being able to help others.
Pros
growth
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The staff was friendly and helpful. My manager was supportive. The executive team was supportive and helpful. The company was flexible and supportive with school and scheduling. This is a great place for students to work.
The only reason I no longer work for Seniors Mgmnt North Inc is that the company closed
Payroll / Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 23, 2017
Seniors was a wonderful place to work. I was there for 22 years. But the owner of the company sold all the assets, the nursing homes, and closed the management firm. That is the reason for the separation from my job.

In 22 years I had experience with all aspects of nursing home management, and with business management in general. With a family member, I had personal experience in a nursing home setting.
Productive work environment
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
North Inc. was good work place. Very organized. Many workers worked well together but not all. Some workers and supervisors could be very petty and spiteful, almost childlike.
Cons
Short lunch break.
Productive place to work
Program Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2017
Budget, goals, standards of care, patient’s safety, trained and evaluated staff.

Monitored treatment plans and facilitated on Child/Adult High Risk Team meeting
Very quick-paced atmosphere where a skill in time management is key.
Nutrition Professional (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
Expanded skills in nutrition counseling and screening within an inner-city population. Gained skills in time management and productivity.
NORTH Inc, can benefit if implementation of positive reinforcement and new leadership with a colorful vision
Administrative Nutrition Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAApril 23, 2014
A typical day at work is management working together to improve customer service while efficiently servicing our participants.

It's rewarding when paired with a supervisor with ethical work habits.

The hardest part of the job is working with senior management that has been removed from the mission of the program. It is hard working with senior management that is disconnected from the program and incompetent.

The very most enjoyable part of the job is helping our families improve their health and make positive behavioral changes.
Pros
Mon thru fri work week and major holiday's off
Cons
Pay
Fun place, made friends, learned a great deal of customer service while working there.
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2013
My typical work day was usually the same, the job was repetitive. I learned a lot of customer service and utilizing my bilingual skills,. I worked very well with my coworkers, everyone worked very well and helped each other. The hardest part of the job was when I had to be on my feet all day and a lot of walking back and forth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the down time, when my coworkers and I just got to relax and talk.
Pros
Paid holidays and time off
Cons
No salary increase or raises
A program that helps feed and educate those in need
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2013
North Inc. makes it very easy to adjust when you are a working parent due to their weekends off and paid holidays, however there is no room for moving up to a more productive position. North Inc. has taught me how to too manage my household on a budget. Meeting new people, hearing their stories and being able to help families in need of food and Nutrition and breastfeeding education was one of my main reasons for staying with North Inc.
Pros
meeting and helping families in need
Cons
low pay and expensive benefits
Prodactive
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2013
I really like to work with people instate of to be engineering student. This is the job put me nursing school. I wish they didn't close it.
Pros
everything
Cons
n/a
a interesting place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2013
I wish there were more positions available. my coworker are very entertaining and always make the day go by faster. Its a very easy place to work at.
Flexible and the best employer ever
Nutrition Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2013
This is a great company to work for. They work with you in all you do. If you have problems with daycare and need to leave work early, pregnant and need to go to a doctor's apt. I have accomplish a lot working in this office. Management skills, perform monthly reports
Pros
understading
Cons
to pay more