North Island Credit Union Employee Reviews

Overall view
Sr Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Management was supportive to underwriters - Loan officers appear to have challenging loans, Most of the loans went through thanks to the Credit Union Portfolio loans for exception type loans.

A Typical workday would be an 8 hour day with a min of 3 loans to be completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some excellent coworkers who help support the team.

What i learned mainly, since there was a portfolio program in place with certain criteria met, you can still have a descent borrower with less the average credit still be able to push a loan through. this was not available at other mtg companies i work for.
Pros
Can come in work early to start the day
Cons
no cons i can think of
Core Values
Tele Service Represetative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2018
provide customer service by way of online chat, emails, and phones. the hardest part of the job was the merge between 2 credit unions, most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Pros
hours
Cons
merge
Management could be better
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2018
Not to much appreciation put towards employees. Many employees went above and beyond our daily duties when the branch was short staffed and it was never acknowledge. Overall it's has very steady hours and good benefits.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
lack of management
productive
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2018
productive and great learning environment. Knowledgeable in all regards to banking and the back office side of banking I was able to cross sell products, spot fraud, learned about mortgages and much more. .
very nice team work inveroment
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2018
very stressful when it comes to sales and meet goals sometimes short staff make the job very difficult. not to much appreciation when the employee gets out of his or her way to meet goals.
Pros
get to know a lot of people
Cons
no oportunity of advancement.
Sales are aggressive
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
Goals are set high. You need to compete with your peers and it is competitive. Members are nice. Huge turnover. Constant change and the training is lacking.
Great credit union that truly cares about it's members
Consumer Lending (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I have loved working here, great work environment. Work advancement is not on the track I see for myself. Everyone is very helpful and wants to see you succeed.
Pros
over-time available
Cons
low-pay
Cheerful co-workers
Learning & Development Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2017
I had the opportunity to meet high achieving professionals with a very positive attitude. Great work ethic, high regard for security as a financial institution.
Overall good work environment
SENIOR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Pretty centrally locatedAugust 19, 2017
Organize and update loan pipeline daily. Follow TRID requirements and program and procedure guidelines accurately. Complete work in a timely manner. Good work environment
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Merged with CCU - out of our control
Supportive management team, room for personal and professional growth and development
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
Healthy and positive work energy and environment. Supportive immediate management staff. Enjoyable job duties and opportunity for development. Education on healthy communication with members and financial support. Classes on further development of professional and personal growth.
Pros
Management support of professional growth
Cons
Eventual lack of organization support, eventual lack of financial compensation and advancement
North Island Credit Union
Sr. Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2016
Great people, great work environment. Years at a time without raises. Great stepping stone company. Management really cared about the employee, but the company keeps you stationary for so long that your forced to look for Financial development else where.
Pros
For the employee
Cons
the pay
It was a great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2015
I loved my job duties because they varied every day. I worked with the CEO, and several directors in several departments.

I did lots of fun events for North Island.

I really liked my co-workers.
A financial institution that truly still cares about individuals
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2014
This may have been the first place I have ever worked where there is no one that doesn't like their job. Everyone really enjoys working there, and probably because they care more about their employees as human beings than as "resources."

Although I was laid off for business reasons, it was done openly and honestly, and I would be glad to work there again.
Pros
Overall positive attitude
Cons
Limited opportunities for vertical growth.
Great Credit Union to work with.
Technical Services Manager / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2012
support Helpdesk from 7:30 to 4:00:
-Daily review software and hardware inventory for compliances
-Troubleshooting all PC, printers and laptops issues from the previous day
-verify all work order in heldesk queues that are complete
-Contact users and vendors if needed
-Self-trainned on line with windows 7 and office 2010
our main goal is to create a team player work environment and always put internal and external customers on the top of our list.
Even our helpdesk team is very short-handed, we still have to priotize our work order here at the main office and at the same time scheduling our travel time to visit all the Branches out there when they needed. We always value our service level agreement to all users as high as it could have been.
Pros
free checking and free check order
Cons
high health care copay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Island Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

North Island Credit Union Reviews by Location