North Italia Employee Reviews

Stressful Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 8, 2019
Fellow coworkers are awesome but management is absolutely horrible. Completely unorganized on a daily basis. They don’t really “manage” they pretty much just comp items, walk around in circles, and give us our money at the end of the shift. That’s it! Useless. Money is ok but could be MUCH better if the servers were given larger sections. Also, they REFUSE to do cuts... EVER. Expect to work long hours.
productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 8, 2019
dedicated my time and effort there to move up in the company and kept on getting skipped and put in so much effort in the company to get reconized and also helping my fellow emplyees
Kitchen isn't Very Good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 17, 2019
As a former dishwasher, I worked alongside another dishwasher who, when push came to shove, shoves it onto the other dishwasher. Management doesn't have their eye on the kitchen because there's a literal wall. All they seem to care about are the cooks. The other dishwasher is a liar and knows he won't be fired because he's been there for a long time and is the type to file a discrimination suit. I was there for a short amount of time and watched at least six new potentials come and go. There's also little to no chance for advancement because people don't stay long enough. I knew two women who left because they were promised advancements and never got them because their potential replacements never stayed. I wanted to become prep, but never did because the new dishwashers never stayed. I told them if they wanted to keep new dishwashers, get rid of the other guy because he's deliberately driving them all away.
Its oksy place
Lead Cook/Opening Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2019
Need better management work on better hours for employees. Not talking down to employees. And hire the right people for jobs. They do a honorable job hiring
Pros
Pay
Weak corperate restaurant
Pasta prep cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 9, 2019
Waste of time if you are a talented cook skip this job it's a corperate job. Same menu for 6 months. The chefs arent that expierence people get promoted base on quid pro quo not skills, or talent.

The pay rate could is good for what it is. Hardly any raises giving to any members after 6 months.
Pros
Few
Cons
Lots
productive and fun
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 21, 2019
very high energy and a busy place. always occupied and such a great environment with great people. making a relationship with the guests was always the best way to have fun.
Pros
energetic
Cons
boring on not busy days
Amazing place to see how a Restaurant is supposed to run
Busser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2018
The Entire Management team was TRULY amazing. The environment that was created drew so many people into the restaurant both customer and those looking for work.
Pros
Food was AMAZING
Very fun work place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Cherry Creek, NYAugust 24, 2018
One of my favorite jobs hands down. The other cooks were great. Managers were awesome as well. Would have stayed if pay was better. Physically couldnt live off what i was being paid. The work itself wasn't terrible. Pretty easy if u ask me. I have a passion for the kitchen so i loved it.
Pros
Shift meals was nice. The people were great.
Cons
Pay was pretty bad.
Fast paced and dependable restaurant
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I loved working here. The teamwork was outstanding. The management was the best I have ever had. This is a great place to work. The guests that come in know what to expect from the staff and it was nice knowing they will take care of you at the end of the service. Side work was long and extensive but the money made it worth it.
Pros
Discount food, great money, teamwork
Cons
No insurance
Great people and amazing atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
This was one of my favorite places to work at. North Italia really does everything they say they do. All of their amazing food is made from scratch every day! The people who work there are great and the management team was mostly fantastic also.
Fast paced place to work. Lots of money to be made if you can put up with everything else.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
North Italia is always busy and a great place to make money. Unfortunately it's the same type of place who's managers will fire someone 2 days after they apply for health insurance or schedule you 8 days in a row and expect you to open or close all of them. Otherwise there us a lot that can be learned working at north italia and the compensation is worth it if you can put up with those things.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Everything else
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056October 29, 2017
Fine dining service, open/close, wine presentation/knowledge, sales, management of employees. Food knowledge and culture. Guest services. Hospitality.
Great
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2017
No real complaints for this company great money was made there opportunity for advancement is there. Training process is great though it does take a little bit to get the hang of their computer system if you haven't worked with aloha. Management does shift continuously at this location since it is the original location
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Overstaffed
Fun, hard working, GREAT training
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
This place was AMAZING. The training was awesome because the managers really put time into you and made sure you knew what you were doing at all times
Pros
Yummy food, great managers, great training, awesome pay
Cons
Busy busy busy
just ehhh
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 13, 2017
just not that great of a place,management is only looking out for themselves,employed are just numbers.Numbers are all that matter at the end of the day.
Fun and Productive place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The knowledge I learned at this restaurant strengthened my skills. Its a high paced environment with lots of opportunities for growth. Staff and management are great,
friendly environment
Pasta Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Everyone is willing to teach you something, our management encourages us to learn more and they motivates by showing us that our hard work is noticed and rewarded in the end.
Pros
free lunch for back of the house
Cons
short breaks and benefits could be improved
A collaboration of talent creates a very rewarding outcome.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSNovember 28, 2016
A fantastic workplace! The chemistry of workers is a sight to behold. Talent and clean efficiency. I genuinely looked forward to going to work every day. Comradery was strong, we all worked together to provide the best possible products for our guests.
Pros
The people I worked with were stellar human beings, for the most part.
Cons
Four ececutive chef changes in 18 months.
Fun and active palce to work
line, prep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
A typical day at work included going in and staring on the prep list, checking to see what was needed the most an did that first .The Prep list included making stocks stews pizza sauces, ex . the only down falls of the job was the other preps dint speak fluent English or was slow at doing there job. the most enjoyable part was being able to cook in a nice an safe environment.
Pros
Short travel time to work, decent employers, good pay
Cons
short breaks, no moving up in the kitchen.
great job
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
north italia was the best job i've had. my managers were always so understanding. I worked really hard at this job and i believe i made a great impression.
Pros
free food, discounts
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Italia. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight