North Little Rock School District Employee Reviews

Friendly environment, team players
Accounts Payable Clerk-Temporary (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2019
Everyone was very helpful while I was employed at NLRSD. I was only a temporary employee for 8 weeks. While there everyone was very helpful and was very friendly.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly atmosphere, Team Players
Cons
Too far to drive for me.
Ok place to work
Bus driver full time (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2018
Good place to work but u have to love children of all types of attitude and gender and ethnicity and background can be stressful at certain times and is a seasonal job that changes
You have to love kids
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 25, 2018
I came to the district to work with my son. I found it rewarding while I was in college earning a degree. When in the school district you have to be mindful that you have to love kids to do this job and I did!
Great Work Environment
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2018
Once i got use to how we had things set up it was a piece of cake.
I learned alot through the kids and the school system period. There really wasnt any part of the job that was hard i was alright with it.
The children really made my day even on MY bad days their energy and jokes were awesome. They also helped alot, i appreciated that.
Pros
free luch
Cons
short breaks
North Little School District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
I was a substitute teacher for the school. I taught grades pre-school through 10th grade, but higher. The teachers, administrators and staff was very respectable and helpful to any of the substitutes in the building. I received break on time and was given plenty time for lunch.
Nlrsd
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Seventh Street ElementaryMay 22, 2018
To be a teacher is to wear many hats. Not only do you teach, you assess, reassess, monitor, mentor, teach, advise, wash clothes, go to games, and get involved in the student's lives.
Pros
relationships
Great School District
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
This is a great school district to start off your teaching career. They have great leadership that will offer lots of training and a great mentoring program for first year teachers.
North Little Rock School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2018
As Substitute Teacher for North Little Rock School District, I present instruction in accordance with an established lesson plans and curriculum to students in a classroom environment; I employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials. I am adept in employing effective communication and presentation skills to facilitate learning; skilled in effectively monitoring and promoting student progress on all assignments. When managing workplace culture I understand that each person is different and I have to adjust to each individual to understand what is needed. The hardest part of this job is training to motivate the students to want to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you explain to the students the instructions and they finally understand what is asked of them.
Room for Improvement
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock High SchoolFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work as a teacher is similar to other schools. Teaching 6 classes with one prep period. 45 minute periods. 3 different lunches. Freshmen have one lunchtime and grades 10-12 have A and B lunch. different bell schedules for freshmen and they are somewhat isolated from everyone else. It can be isolating as a teacher at times, since there is not often time to collaborate with other teachers and our teachers are not teamed at this time. This should be better next year with different schedule structure. Discipline can be difficult at times, and administrators seem overworked and difficult to get in touch with or to have conversations with at times. Safety is a concern daily, and school supervisors are a necessary element to this school. NLRPD is close by and present at times, due to specific situations. Due to budget issues, holiday pay was eliminated and there are not any funds available to help cover costs for teachers for supplies or needs at times. Morale could be better, and students struggle with deficits in math, science, and literacy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with these deficits, discipline of behavior and not having consistency school-wide with rules and consequences. The most enjoyable part of this job is by far seeing my students every day. Sharing in their lives, their challenges, their victories and successes, and seeing them excel as young adults. Seeing them making positive choices, and standing up for what is right.
Seeing the positive changes that are occurring to make education better and more flexible for students, and seeing them
  more... struggle but for it to be productive, accomplishing far more than they ever thought they could.  less
Pros
new buildings, good technology, large school, good principal at HS, sports are competitive.
Cons
academics and discipline lacking, need better communication and buy-in between administration and faculty/staff. safety is a concern.
Opinion
Human Services Worker (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for the NLRSD in several capacities. I enjoyed the most having Christmas & Spring Break off including the summers. The pay was not that great; however, I believe the amount of paid time off compensated for the pay somewhat.
Pros
Family feeling
Cons
pay
Helped with communication
Bus Driver/Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2017
Working at North Little Rock School District helped me develop more communication skills due to working with all ethnic cultures of students, parents, and teachers.
Not a good district: cliques and cut throats
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nort Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2017
The morale in this district is very low. Lots of people are unhappy being there. They are weak on giving raises, frown upon using textbooks, and overall lack the knowledge for how to educate children.
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
Weak administration with a mean curriculum lady
Productive and skilled work environment
Principal Secretary (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2017
Manage subsititutes, make sure every teacher's class is covered, work directly under Principal, create purchase orders, bank deposits, and etc
Pros
duty free lunch
Met a lot of great people.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2016
During my time at NLRSD, I met some wonderful people that encouraged me to further myself and take the Para Professional test. They became my support team and to this day, they still are. I am very Blessed to have them in my life.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Due to budget cuts, my job was dissolved.
my opionon
Family Management Specilist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 28, 2015
I've held many positions with this company and love it. I have been with this company since 2003 and have always gotten along with co-workers at any school I've worked in.
I loved working with these students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 1, 2015
I loved having the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of these students while their teacher was out.

I enjoyed being able to assist the students in one of the most pivotal times in their lives.

I loved following the students throughout their day
fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 28, 2015
i enjoy being in the classroom with the children. to watch them grow and develop is awesome. you can learn a lot form them, they truly are our future.
it was a challenging exoerience
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  1301 MainMay 12, 2015
Enjoyed working with the students who sometimes considered problem children worked their way into graduation along with their graduating peers.
Pros
progress of otherwise considered problem children
Cons
teachers who did not work as team players
A great company to work
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ArApril 20, 2015
The company is great! They are fair and understanding and very easy to work and communicate with. The only issue is the pay increase were very limited.
Great people working to better the future
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  North Little RockJanuary 29, 2015
Worked with great people and learned a lot as a professional. Challenging and rewarding at the same time everyday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Slow to get things processed with changes.