North Little Rock School District

Poor management
Pay Is poorly

Poor Rules

Poor School foundation

Value the pleasure to make sure students & faculty has a clean environment to learn & teach
There is an underlying expectations that the teacher should have a positive attitude toward teaching It is usually a valued profession. The days are busy and many unplanned events may happen within a single day, depending on several different situations.

Like any large high school, it is hard to be sure all expectations are met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually make a connection to help a student learn how to make good choices or when you help a student learn material the student was struggling to master.
If you're looking for a part time job with a split shift perfect for you. However if you're looking to make a living don't work here. No advancement opportunities for Non certified staff. They will belittle you also.
It great workin there getting to lot of new children in my life
They have a of new characters so it fun,funny working there I’m glad that I’m there but it’s new to me.
Assist the teacher in classroom. Environment is very fast paced. Have to pay attention at all times. Could be very stressful at times. Co workers are great though.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I enjoy what I do. I love seeing the kids progress and put genuine trust in educators. It’s not a job for just anyone. Children need and deserve people who are invested in them and their success. You have to be open to this environment and have a love for children.
Love the school district, coworkers were very helpful. Care program can be more organized. They have great lunch program as well. Need to take more field trips for the Lil preks.
Very great experience working with the children and bus drivers. Definitely want to continue to connect with children’ in a helping profession. I appreciated the opportunity!
I worked there years ago. I am not sure what the pay and benefits are now but they were good back then for the times. However the pay was low for teachers.
Pros
summers off
Cons
pay
i love coming in to work just to see the smile on the teachers and student face because they love the work I did I was always on time and never complain about my duties
Everyone was very helpful while I was employed at NLRSD. I was only a temporary employee for 8 weeks. While there everyone was very helpful and was very friendly.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly atmosphere, Team Players
Cons
Too far to drive for me.
I substituted for the district while trying to get a full time teaching position. I worked for Tri-District full time, but the program closed so I had to go back to substituting.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Part time
Good place to work but u have to love children of all types of attitude and gender and ethnicity and background can be stressful at certain times and is a seasonal job that changes
I came to the district to work with my son. I found it rewarding while I was in college earning a degree. When in the school district you have to be mindful that you have to love kids to do this job and I did!
Once i got use to how we had things set up it was a piece of cake.
I learned alot through the kids and the school system period. There really wasnt any part of the job that was hard i was alright with it.

The children really made my day even on MY bad days their energy and jokes were awesome. They also helped alot, i appreciated that.
Pros
free luch
Cons
short breaks
I was a substitute teacher for the school. I taught grades pre-school through 10th grade, but higher. The teachers, administrators and staff was very respectable and helpful to any of the substitutes in the building. I received break on time and was given plenty time for lunch.
To be a teacher is to wear many hats. Not only do you teach, you assess, reassess, monitor, mentor, teach, advise, wash clothes, go to games, and get involved in the student's lives.
Pros
relationships
Cons
This is a great school district to start off your teaching career. They have great leadership that will offer lots of training and a great mentoring program for first year teachers.
As Substitute Teacher for North Little Rock School District, I present instruction in accordance with an established lesson plans and curriculum to students in a classroom environment; I employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials. I am adept in employing effective communication and presentation skills to facilitate learning; skilled in effectively monitoring and promoting student progress on all assignments. When managing workplace culture I understand that each person is different and I have to adjust to each individual to understand what is needed. The hardest part of this job is training to motivate the students to want to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you explain to the students the instructions and they finally understand what is asked of them.
A typical day at work as a teacher is similar to other schools. Teaching 6 classes with one prep period. 45 minute periods. 3 different lunches. Freshmen have one lunchtime and grades 10-12 have A and B lunch. different bell schedules for freshmen and they are somewhat isolated from everyone else. It can be isolating as a teacher at times, since there is not often time to collaborate with other teachers and our teachers are not teamed at this time. This should be better next year with different schedule structure. Discipline can be difficult at times, and administrators seem overworked and difficult to get in touch with or to have conversations with at times. Safety is a concern daily, and school supervisors are a necessary element to this school. NLRPD is close by and present at times, due to specific situations. Due to budget issues, holiday pay was eliminated and there are not any funds available to help cover costs for teachers for supplies or needs at times. Morale could be better, and students struggle with deficits in math, science, and literacy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with these deficits, discipline of behavior and not having consistency school-wide with rules and consequences. The most enjoyable part of this job is by far seeing my students every day. Sharing in their lives, their challenges, their victories and successes, and seeing them excel as young adults. Seeing them making positive choices, and standing up for what is right.
Seeing the positive changes that are occurring to make education better and more flexible for students, and seeing them
 - more...
Pros
new buildings, good technology, large school, good principal at HS, sports are competitive.
Cons
academics and discipline lacking, need better communication and buy-in between administration and faculty/staff. safety is a concern.
I enjoyed working for the NLRSD in several capacities. I enjoyed the most having Christmas & Spring Break off including the summers. The pay was not that great; however, I believe the amount of paid time off compensated for the pay somewhat.
Pros
Family feeling
Cons
pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Little Rock School District. Our community is ready to answer.
North Little Rock School District Reviews by Location