North Memorial Health Employee Reviews

Management is very understanding
Health Information Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 30, 2019
Deficiency tracking for the providers
Work on entering request into the systems.
Help with patients and their records.
Taking phone calls
Cover for the front desk.
Pros
work with an awesome group of people
Cons
work weekends rotations
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Benefits are excellent.. advancement opportunities are endless. You will enjoy working for North Memorial. I just need a change so searching for other opportunities
Pros
Benefits great
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Environmental services (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 5, 2019
North Memorial was a great place to work very clean very diverse for the most part people were nice respectful and caring i would recommend my family and friends there to get some of the best care ... good environment
Pros
awesome co workers
busy and stressful but LOTS of learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNFebruary 2, 2019
I was a RN in the float pool, it was very busy and stressful. Some floors did not provide help. You pretty much had to be on your own. Busy floors! Management is amazing within float pool! Benefits are great! Met some wonderful people and some not so wonderful people.
Pros
benefits, always learning, never boring
Cons
no breaks at times, unfriendly staff on certain floors
icu RN
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNFebruary 6, 2019
lots of changes at north
always moving units
thinks they have had major mgmt. changes
only hospital that is still independent
good trauma hospital
good location
lots of diversity
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 7, 2018
A great place to work. I worked by myself overnight so I developed great relationships with all modalities in the radiology department. A great place to work and get care.
Good, could be better-Wisconsin Region
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 19, 2018
It is a good place to work, at times. Overly micromanaged to a fault, very inconsistent, volatile management and they require on call wage of $4.25 an hour in Wisconsin
Good working environment but poor management style
CLINIC OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 10, 2018
It is a good company but the management seems to be disorganized. No one isn't on the same page or keeps people updated on what's going on. The employees are really nice and helpful
Great jobs, horrible management and HR, lots of unfair practices. Lots of racial tension with in the hospital on employee as well as clients.
Security Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNOctober 2, 2018
I worked with some great employees, the job itself was very stressful and you always felt like you had a target on your back from HR and Management. Lots of racial tension and unsafe practices. Unorganized structure, "the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand".
Pros
Staff, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
HR and Management.
Enjoyed working with North Memorial Health
Supervisor, Non-Clinical (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 27, 2018
I don't have much more to say other than I enjoyed my time working at North Memorial, the staff members that I had direct contact with on a daily bases were easy to communicate with.
Seniority
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2018
A problem was too much seniority. The management will not listen to the people that came to work after someone that work there before when the conflict occurred.
Exceptional Heart and Vascular Team
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I just celebrated my 7th anniversary with NMHC. I really like the people that I work with. My supervisor and managers really listen to our concerns. I feel our pay is comparable to most places. I also do not feel the stress that I have had at other institutions. We are big on change, which I embrace. With change you grow and learn. Sometimes we learn that a certain change doesn’t work for us. Instead of trudging onward, we stop and try something that does work.
Overall, I really like my job, my coworkers, my patients and administrators. I would recommend NMHC to anyone interested in a career here.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Room for growth
Lead Medical Assistant / Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2018
A company that offers opportunities to grow, limited but not impossible. Change has been a constant and pretty much a way of life in North Memorial, so has been the case for the last few years.
Longtime Employee
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 15, 2018
North Memorial is known in the community and across the state of Minnesota as a solid professional hospital. The doctors and nurses as well as employees throughout are knowledgeable, compassionate
care givers.
Pros
Community atmosphere
Cons
Favoritism
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
My company was bought by north memorial health and the transition has been horrible. I have not been happy with changes that have been pushed on to us. The way I did my job has been completely changed and I feel it is more about Money then Patient care. North memorial health push’s making money on us. Management is non existent. There is no one to answer questions. Most people I work with are very unhappy and plan on leaving. It is hard to stay positive when everyone around you is unhappy. It is s very unhealthy work environment.
Very focused on processes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 6, 2018
NMH is very focused on processes instead of supplying the best patient care. They change how things are done often (sometimes daily) which causes a lot of confusion and frustration for the employee.
Pros
Cons
Lack of commuication
Left because of unfair treatment
Retail Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 3, 2018
My manager and I were very dedicated to working in the gift shop. They fired him just to save on cost and hired a contractor instead. Poor management on behalf the hospital's upper management.
Former emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 6, 2018
Managment is horrible! AGRESSIVE, dishonest,rude AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Management will slander employees. Human resources will not listen or advocate for employees. Human resources simply will ignore your concerns. I watched management throw things at employees. I watched one regional manager push multiple well educated and experienced employees out the door because of vindictive egotistical behavior. I watched upper management and human resources allow it to happen. Benefits were decent as well as pay but it's not enough for dealing with that level of behavior from management/mentors.
Pros
Always overtime
Cons
Management, hostile work enviroment
i liked the company the job was nice.
environmental services aide (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MN 55422July 20, 2018
the job was easy and the pay was nice. the employees were very toxic and don't even think about taking a day off even if you are sick. they will fire you.
Horrible in this department
N/A (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 9, 2018
Morale is so low, there is no direction our support from management and everybody is negative. Very unprofessional environment I was in a meeting where the supervisor verbally bashed over half the staff.

It was a terrible experience working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Memorial Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight