North Memorial Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great jobs, horrible management and HR, lots of unfair practices. Lots of racial tension with in the hospital on employee as well as clients.
Security Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNOctober 2, 2018
I worked with some great employees, the job itself was very stressful and you always felt like you had a target on your back from HR and Management. Lots of racial tension and unsafe practices. Unorganized structure, "the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand".
Pros
Staff, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
HR and Management.
Seniority
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2018
A problem was too much seniority. The management will not listen to the people that came to work after someone that work there before when the conflict occurred.
Enjoyed working with North Memorial Health
Supervisor, Non-Clinical (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 27, 2018
I don't have much more to say other than I enjoyed my time working at North Memorial, the staff members that I had direct contact with on a daily bases were easy to communicate with.
Exceptional Heart and Vascular Team
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I just celebrated my 7th anniversary with NMHC. I really like the people that I work with. My supervisor and managers really listen to our concerns. I feel our pay is comparable to most places. I also do not feel the stress that I have had at other institutions. We are big on change, which I embrace. With change you grow and learn. Sometimes we learn that a certain change doesn’t work for us. Instead of trudging onward, we stop and try something that does work.
Overall, I really like my job, my coworkers, my patients and administrators. I would recommend NMHC to anyone interested in a career here.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
My company was bought by north memorial health and the transition has been horrible. I have not been happy with changes that have been pushed on to us. The way I did my job has been completely changed and I feel it is more about Money then Patient care. North memorial health push’s making money on us. Management is non existent. There is no one to answer questions. Most people I work with are very unhappy and plan on leaving. It is hard to stay positive when everyone around you is unhappy. It is s very unhealthy work environment.
Longtime Employee
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 15, 2018
North Memorial is known in the community and across the state of Minnesota as a solid professional hospital. The doctors and nurses as well as employees throughout are knowledgeable, compassionate
care givers.
Pros
Community atmosphere
Cons
Favoritism
Room for growth
Lead Medical Assistant / Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2018
A company that offers opportunities to grow, limited but not impossible. Change has been a constant and pretty much a way of life in North Memorial, so has been the case for the last few years.
Horrible in this department
N/A (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 9, 2018
Morale is so low, there is no direction our support from management and everybody is negative. Very unprofessional environment I was in a meeting where the supervisor verbally bashed over half the staff.

It was a terrible experience working there
Very focused on processes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 6, 2018
NMH is very focused on processes instead of supplying the best patient care. They change how things are done often (sometimes daily) which causes a lot of confusion and frustration for the employee.
Pros
Cons
Lack of commuication
Former emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 6, 2018
Managment is horrible! AGRESSIVE, dishonest,rude AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Management will slander employees. Human resources will not listen or advocate for employees. Human resources simply will ignore your concerns. I watched management throw things at employees. I watched one regional manager push multiple well educated and experienced employees out the door because of vindictive egotistical behavior. I watched upper management and human resources allow it to happen. Benefits were decent as well as pay but it's not enough for dealing with that level of behavior from management/mentors.
Pros
Always overtime
Cons
Management, hostile work enviroment
Left because of unfair treatment
Retail Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 3, 2018
My manager and I were very dedicated to working in the gift shop. They fired him just to save on cost and hired a contractor instead. Poor management on behalf the hospital's upper management.
Production very easy cut great customer service
Cook (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working in North Memorial Hospital the measurement is kind of messed up but the working with the clients and the Staffing are good we kept it going and make sure all the staff and client that comes in and out the hospital a very popular food very productive and make sure that the quality of the food is very important and customer service
Pros
Help the homeless
Cons
Couple management had their favorite where they let him get away with a lot of stuff
I LOVE working at North! It is challenging and rewarding!
LEAD RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work, with great people!! Opportunities to advance and an awesome learning environment!
The culture at the hospital is engaging and inclusive!
i liked the company the job was nice.
environmental services aide (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MN 55422July 20, 2018
the job was easy and the pay was nice. the employees were very toxic and don't even think about taking a day off even if you are sick. they will fire you.
dishonest company
office employee (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoy my position at North. Recently new management has come in and changed workflows and hours etc. The new leadership is not knowledgeable in workflows or processes. unfortunately finance department and upper management and directors will not listen to the employees that do the work. Now they are outsourcing work to companies that do not do the work and it is sent back to us to fix. waste of money. Management is dishonest and HR is not for the employees.
Constant change not bad, but need some stability
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 23, 2018
As I have worked for north these past few years too many changes have occurred. Unable to celebrate anything, no free lunches, no decor, not much to offer an employee and keep them satisfied.
Enjoyed serving the patients
Medical Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 18, 2018
Registration/Scheduling
Learned leadership skills
work culture was diverse
the hardest part of the job was dishonesty of management.
the most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the patient.
Pros
You meet incredible people
Cons
short lunch
Safe Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 12, 2018
Was ok for employees. Would return to work there. Mostly team work effort. Benefits were good. Schedules were flexible depending on what area you worked in
I love the place. Dislike how it's managed.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 9, 2018
Always a fear of the bottom dropping out. Very management top heavy. Very high patient acuity. No breaks. Management spends money on foolish things, then tries to cut staff from the bottom up to save money. Poorly run.
Pros
Work with great MD's
Cons
The management claims the place is always broke, yet they still get their bonuses and enormous raises.
Marsha's Review
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 4, 2018
I liked working for the company very inviting to the public as well as their employees, always their when you needed them to be top security made you feel safe.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Very busy/ at times breaks were shorten

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Memorial Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight