North Memorial Health Employee Reviews

Former emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 6, 2018
Managment is horrible! AGRESSIVE, dishonest,rude AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Management will slander employees. Human resources will not listen or advocate for employees. Human resources simply will ignore your concerns. I watched management throw things at employees. I watched one regional manager push multiple well educated and experienced employees out the door because of vindictive egotistical behavior. I watched upper management and human resources allow it to happen. Benefits were decent as well as pay but it's not enough for dealing with that level of behavior from management/mentors.
Pros
Always overtime
Cons
Management, hostile work enviroment
Great jobs, horrible management and HR, lots of unfair practices. Lots of racial tension with in the hospital on employee as well as clients.
Security Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNOctober 2, 2018
I worked with some great employees, the job itself was very stressful and you always felt like you had a target on your back from HR and Management. Lots of racial tension and unsafe practices. Unorganized structure, "the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand".
Pros
Staff, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
HR and Management.
I love the place. Dislike how it's managed.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 9, 2018
Always a fear of the bottom dropping out. Very management top heavy. Very high patient acuity. No breaks. Management spends money on foolish things, then tries to cut staff from the bottom up to save money. Poorly run.
Pros
Work with great MD's
Cons
The management claims the place is always broke, yet they still get their bonuses and enormous raises.
Great Culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2018
Good place to work. Very positive atmosphere at the Manager and below level, however Sr. Management needs to communicate a clear direction and be more visible (literally and figuratively)
Pros
Team culture, great benefits, positive work environment
Cons
lack of a communicated vision/mission at the Sr. level
Safe Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 12, 2018
Was ok for employees. Would return to work there. Mostly team work effort. Benefits were good. Schedules were flexible depending on what area you worked in
Exceptional Heart and Vascular Team
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I just celebrated my 7th anniversary with NMHC. I really like the people that I work with. My supervisor and managers really listen to our concerns. I feel our pay is comparable to most places. I also do not feel the stress that I have had at other institutions. We are big on change, which I embrace. With change you grow and learn. Sometimes we learn that a certain change doesn’t work for us. Instead of trudging onward, we stop and try something that does work.
Overall, I really like my job, my coworkers, my patients and administrators. I would recommend NMHC to anyone interested in a career here.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Exceptional Hospital
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 2, 2017
North Memorial has routinely gotten rankings as an international hospital in the top 7% of cardiac care facilities. this is a portion of the Level One facility. The ER has a tightknit policy of having a "pod management style," where an ER doctor, one-two nurses, a Hospital Unit Coordinator, a Tech - and a Registration Specialist - work as a team as assigned to a pod of rooms in the ER. The team dynamic works as a wheel: all people are important/valued and keep the wheel moving together.
Pros
Excellent overtime (after 8 hours), excellent benefits
Cons
Lack of a 401K (need to do it yourself) but with high pay, everyone contributes to their own personal 401K's.
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
My company was bought by north memorial health and the transition has been horrible. I have not been happy with changes that have been pushed on to us. The way I did my job has been completely changed and I feel it is more about Money then Patient care. North memorial health push’s making money on us. Management is non existent. There is no one to answer questions. Most people I work with are very unhappy and plan on leaving. It is hard to stay positive when everyone around you is unhappy. It is s very unhealthy work environment.
Left because of unfair treatment
Retail Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 3, 2018
My manager and I were very dedicated to working in the gift shop. They fired him just to save on cost and hired a contractor instead. Poor management on behalf the hospital's upper management.
Production very easy cut great customer service
Cook (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working in North Memorial Hospital the measurement is kind of messed up but the working with the clients and the Staffing are good we kept it going and make sure all the staff and client that comes in and out the hospital a very popular food very productive and make sure that the quality of the food is very important and customer service
Pros
Help the homeless
Cons
Couple management had their favorite where they let him get away with a lot of stuff
Truly lacking in focus
Supervisor, for ProFee Physician Coding Educators (Former Employee) –  North Memorial -- Robbinsdale MNOctober 15, 2017
Totally lacking in supporting Upperleadership at the Director, Manager, Supervisors level. Lack of team players, way too much petty politics within departments, who work to see another dept/dir/mgr fail.

Absolutely appalling, management style of fear and intimidation. Staff in one particular area were constantly threatened with their jobs.
Pros
Parking, benefits, my director supervisor
Cons
Way to much internal politics which kept project from reaching success.
Productive and fun place to work
phleobatomy (Current Employee) –  Robinsdale MNFebruary 23, 2018
The best hospital to work and to be treated as a patient. A typical day at North Memorial is very busy. I learned to pay attention for details while I work under high pressure. The management is excellent. The team members are good team player. The hardest part of the job is when we work hard and our Emergency Rooms are too busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all our patients get the best service and become satisfied with the service they get from us. To see every one of us do hard jobs to make sure every single patient get the best treatment. It is North Memorial's goal to provide an excellent service to it's clients.
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
short breaks
dishonest company
office employee (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoy my position at North. Recently new management has come in and changed workflows and hours etc. The new leadership is not knowledgeable in workflows or processes. unfortunately finance department and upper management and directors will not listen to the employees that do the work. Now they are outsourcing work to companies that do not do the work and it is sent back to us to fix. waste of money. Management is dishonest and HR is not for the employees.
Good working environment but poor management style
CLINIC OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 10, 2018
It is a good company but the management seems to be disorganized. No one isn't on the same page or keeps people updated on what's going on. The employees are really nice and helpful
Great experience and staff
Physician Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Great experience working here and staff. Enjoyed my time working here and will miss the great benefits and location of the employer. Highly recommend this company.
pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNDecember 11, 2017
Can be very fast paced, enjoy my co-workers, great teamwork, not many advancement opportunities. Smaller clinic, good pay and benefits, management cares
Enjoyed serving the patients
Medical Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJune 18, 2018
Registration/Scheduling
Learned leadership skills
work culture was diverse
the hardest part of the job was dishonesty of management.
the most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the patient.
Pros
You meet incredible people
Cons
short lunch
Seniority
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2018
A problem was too much seniority. The management will not listen to the people that came to work after someone that work there before when the conflict occurred.
Horrible in this department
N/A (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 9, 2018
Morale is so low, there is no direction our support from management and everybody is negative. Very unprofessional environment I was in a meeting where the supervisor verbally bashed over half the staff.

It was a terrible experience working there
I LOVE working at North! It is challenging and rewarding!
LEAD RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work, with great people!! Opportunities to advance and an awesome learning environment!
The culture at the hospital is engaging and inclusive!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Memorial Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight