NORTH METRO COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great place to start, but not to stay
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80234December 18, 2018
North Metro is a great place to start, but not to stay. There are minimal opportunities to advance and you have to be in the "in crowd" to move up.

They are more and more of people with no reward or recognition.
Necessary Community Support for People with IDD
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 8, 2018
Typical Day- Fast paced work environment.
Learned- To work with people that have many forms of disabilities.
Management- Very Involved with employees and recipients.
Workplace Culture- Inclusive to All
Hardest Part- Testings for Employment
Enjoyable- Being able to be so involved with the community also with people that truly need and value you work.
Pros
4o1k, healthcare, weekends off, set work schedule, Pto
decent pay, good coworkers
Crew Supervisor/ Day Program staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80234October 20, 2018
This job was fun, i got to know a lot of other clients, my co-wokrers were kind, and the pay was decent. They do thier best to help thier employers and can be flexible with hours when really needed.
Pros
good co-workrs, fun enviorment
Cons
You have a lot of clients to look after at once.
Seriously stay away!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WestminsterOctober 5, 2018
I worked for this place for 18 years. The last three were the hostile. Once the new executive director took over everything went from being about the individuals they provide services for to being about the money that the individuals bring in. If you don't belong to their clique your snubbed. You can bust your butt, but as soon as you disagree with management, your scum. You only get paid once a month. The HR department blames the employee for any workers comp claims. And they will do what they have to do to avoid paying unemployment benefits once you are no longer there. HR takes bogus calls about their driver's, knowing that some of the calls came from North metro. ( Yes I know about this) if you have a DUI they fire you... well most but they do make exceptions if they like you ( yes I know about this too) The people that are in the hiring and firing positions, have questionable morals. Stay away!!! Keep your sanity.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, unsupportive management
interviewed
overnight staff (Former Employee) –  thorton, coOctober 1, 2018
This place has a very weird HR for overnight. They don't accept resumes. And they inconsiderately call references for all applicants regardless if they really like you. The whole time your interviewing the woman acts like your lying the whole time and is extraordinary negative through out. I would never work for this company.
Pros
cool clients
Cons
management and pay
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2018
Loved the job and it was pretty fun. Really enjoyed the clientel and the fellow worker. Tough enviroment but really managable and able to flex around your schedule real well.
Sad
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 3, 2018
There is no appreciation for going above and beyond. When you bring something negative to management they are not receptive. If you are not in a click with the management you will be treated poorly. Management is afraid of loosing their jobs so your job will be disposable. Pay is low... very low.
Exciting enviroment , professional, and a great organization to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
I was so fortunate to work for north metro communiry services. I started off as a van driver, and was promoted to supervisor the very next week. There were many opportunities where i was abled to advance my education while working there. I was promoted to assistant Project Manager, and worked up to being promoted to the project Manager Position. I assumed many responsibilities. I gained valuable experience throughout my career in all phases of management, customer service,training,effective communication, and motivational expertise. I was in contact with many VIP'S, and DV'SThroughout my Career. I handled many federal contracts at the same time a total of five, and maintained all of them according to the SOW. I am very proud of all my achievements, and of all employees as well. Peace , and God Bless.
Pros
I always looked forward to attending conferences, seminars, and roundtables throughout the country.
Cons
I was so busy i would rarely take breaks.
Good benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 6, 2018
They have good benefits, three day weekends, but pay/advancement doesn't compete with other companies. Enjoy working with upper management there as well.
Pros
Good benefits, 3 day weekend.
Cons
No advancement and low pay.
This was a wonderful company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 1, 2018
I really liked everyone at North Metro, this is a great company they help adults with disabilities. I met a lot of wonderful people there but it was a entry level position and my skill set was higher than that and was bored most days.
Great place to learn case management skills
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 14, 2018
Excellent position for a person of integrity and organization. Learn a lot about case management and monitoring funds/services for the county or state. Management is small and give you lots of room to create your own schedule and work remotely as needed for each case load.
Poor
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 26, 2017
They will not care if you have doctors notes or family emergency if your not working full time busting your butt off you can kiss your job good bye. You also are paid once a month.
Spiritually Fulfilling, Frustrating System
Staff Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 30, 2017
Originally jumped through all the hoops to become a Host Home Provider. Was assured getting clients wouldn't be a problem. After six months with no clients and almost going broke waiting for them, I was offered work in a group home. High staff turnover. I worked many 130 - 156 hour shifts to make up for lack of staff and low pay.
My Review: Awesome!
Bilingual Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 17, 2017
North Metro Community Services is a fun and productive work place. I would still be there if I did not have to move to a different state. The director and associate director of the SLS program are the most supportive, approachable, and professional people that I have worked for. Kudos to them for creating a great work environment.
Pros
free benefits and generous PTO
Work is fulfilling, management is not great
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 2, 2017
While working with the clients was (mostly) wonderful and enjoyable the management was not supportive as far as solutions for staff and client safety. The compensation was pitiful for the tasks performed and responsibility level.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Poor pay, unsupportive culture
NMCS is not a good place to work if you plan on advancing your career or if you have an opinion on anything.If they don't agree with you they fire you
Enclave Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 4, 2014
A typical day at NMCS summed up in two words SHEER AGANEY
Management is a joke. lets start with my team leader. She tells her staff that she has an open door policy. But when you have a concern or a question she will ask you (Is anyone bleeding or close to death?) If the answer is no she tells you ( then I don't have the time to hear it. )Then she shuts her office door. I will not say names do to being sued by her . but that person is the rudest the most dehumanizing woman on the face of the planet. She is pure unadulterated EVIL She is SAINTEN her self. If she don't like you she will find a way to fire you . I had worked there for almost 16 years the last 5 years were spent working for HER. she didn't like me at all so she found a way to fire me. She drummed up false accusations against me that stated I was mean to the mentally disabled adults I was working with. Witch by the way was TOTALY false. Upper management don't like to hear the truth about anything. They didn't even do a investigation which by the way is standard for those type of allegations. I used to love going to work and working with the guys and gals with disabilities. Until I transferred to HER team. Then wanting to go to work turned into having to go to work. I miss working with the guys and gals of NMCS But I don't miss the management. So if you like being Belittled and having your ideas cut down and being treated like an animal and having the feeling of being inadequate. By all means go ahead and work there. But if you don't like being treated like that avoid that SORRY EXCUSE FOR A COMPAY at ALL cost.
Great co workers but poor management
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 22, 2014
Company provided a decent work atmosphere and great co workers. Management was slow to respond to needs in large part because you rarely saw your supervisor. It was great that they weren't over your back constantly but whenever an issue arose in the work place they had difficulty responding appropriately because they were never around to know what was going on and could only base decisions on he said/she said accounts of what happened.
Pros
Free meals and great work schedule
Cons
Lack of communication
Great Place to be a team member
Community Based Trainer/ Group home/One on One (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 31, 2014
Love working with North Metro Community! I love all my Co workers, We are a team and prove it on a daily basis. We care about each and every Individual at North Metro

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTH METRO COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

NORTH METRO COMMUNITY SERVICES Reviews by Location