North Metro Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very stressful, struggling hosptital
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 16, 2018
A small struggling hospital with much debt to bear. In three years, I have been under 5 CEOs in an unstable environment. Due to the extensive debt acquired, lack of patients, all doctors resigning and some unfavorable events in the community, the cash flow was just poor.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Unpaid payroll taxes, much debt
Not a bad job
RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 11, 2018
At least everyone learns who you are here and you're not just a name on a schedule. By all means there are pros and cons of working here vs the medical giants down the road. It's truly all in what you're looking for. You want fast paced, angry docs, parking in a parking deck, and pushing dilaudid every hour? Not the place for you.
Pros
Environment, teamwork
Benefits
needs help
Med/Surg RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARDecember 13, 2017
do not recommend this place of employment it does not feel like a real hospital so many things wrong. Doctors are quitting and management is crazy. Nurses are quitting every day.
My Experience at North Metro
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AR 72076November 1, 2017
Loved the job and my coworkers, management sucked. They do not give raises and benefits are horrible. Do not have Direct Deposit. Love the patients and the volunteers.
Pros
na
Cons
no raises
Ok
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AROctober 25, 2017
It’s a decent environment to work in. Lots of workers that are dedicated and committed to being there long term wise. It’s very diverse in cultures. Recommend
Good Pay
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AROctober 3, 2017
Good Pay and love all the patients. I have learned how to really work in the caregiver field more than any past jobs. The hospital was something new to me and I loved it.
Lots of nurses being called off.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Love the people there. Family atmosphere. Nurses just can't get hours. I have learned a lot here as a new nurse. This week I have been cancelled three out of my six, twelve hour shifts.
Medical laboratory
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 10, 2017
I worked in the and I enjoyed it. I worked weekends. I was attending school to pursure a degree in radiology. I took another job in the radiology field.
No Leadership and Unorganized
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 6, 2017
Worst job I've ever had. I worked there 4yrs we had about 5 CEO 3CFO. No one new knows how to do their job it's awful. They offer no training you just work with someone and they hope you get it. If you have questions call another hospital because you won't find the answer at NMMC. They offer insurance that their own doctor are not in network with. So you get a hospital bill then a bill for seeing a doctor not in network with the insurance provided by your job at your job.
Pros
You get paid. This is a stepping stone job.
Cons
No benefits, They take your money out of your check for insurance but don't always pay premium, Constantly changing Banks so no direct deposit.
Poor employee benefits.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJune 16, 2017
NMMC has changed Health Insurance companies several times in just last 3 years. They dont have direct deposit. We have had numerous management personnel changes as well as staff personnel changes.
Pros
I have some great co workers
Cons
Lack of benefits and stability of company
this is not a desirable place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJune 13, 2017
Little to no work to do. Management is not all it should. do more outside of pt care than anything. I would rather not say much more as this is a place that people take there families to.
Pros
its a job
Cons
not a desirable place to work
Nice job
C.T./X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 14, 2017
Good place to work, good people, good salary
Excelant manager, difficult hours and shifts. Nice work envoironment, good work culture, hardest part of job long hours short staffed, old equipment.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Limited equipment
My first hospital job
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARDecember 14, 2016
This was the first hospital that I ever worked in and the staff was so great! I had to leave due to relocation but I wish that I could have continued a career with the nurses that were so willing to train me and answer all of my questions.
I love how most people are down to earth
Lead over E.V.S dept (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARNovember 30, 2016
The hospital it's self is good. It's coming up and going in the right direction. The management in the EVS Dept needs to be replaced!
Pros
Family
Cons
Managment
managerment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARNovember 12, 2016
I think that the supervisors in admissions and patient financial services needs more training and experience so that they can treat each employee the same and not have certain rules for some and other rules for other employees. They need to be equal in areas.
I love this company
ER Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 3, 2016
Very good place to work for. They make u feel like family. I miss working for this company. If I ever move back to that area I would enjoy working for them again.
Pros
Flexible hours if needed
Cons
A few managers are not very caring
fun place to work. Very caring staff
Radiologic Tec / CT Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 6, 2015
I mostly work with the ER staff and absolutely love them! They treat patients as people and not as a group symptoms.
The hardest part is learning to prioritize exams when I am working alone and the ER gets busy
Pros
Metting the patients and hearing their stories
Cons
Very little chance for advancement
gets a bad wrap
Carrie Vickers RN, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  jacksonville arkansasOctober 15, 2014
good nurses not enough services, but over all it could be a lot worse
The company was not organized
Community Educator/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonvlle,ARJanuary 2, 2014
The company appears to be in financial distress! They restructured the department , and let all the marketers go.
Great patient population who I got to spend alot of one-on one time with.
Program Nurse - Intensive Outpatient Psychotherapy (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 25, 2013
Typical duties include admitting, following up and discharging of patients. Monthly reviews of medication list as well as chart audits. Daily activities ranges from health screens to playing games with the patients. Each co-work made the facility a great place for our patients. The most difficult part of the job is lack of direction/structure from management. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the personal relationships I have built with my patients.
Pros
patient and staff education
Cons
coordination of patient flow.