NORTH MISSISSIPPI HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Busy workplace with large workflow
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 23, 2019
I enjoyed working at NMHS. They offered a lot of experience in working for various specialties which helped me become more proficient in my job. I also liked working in a hospital setting.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MississippiMay 13, 2019
I have worked for this company for 6 years. I worked the first 2 years in the float pool at the main hospital. This was 12 hour shifts. I transferred to home health and have been working in home health for this company for the past 4 years. The schedule is flexible. As far as if I or my children have a doctor's appointment, I can go to the appointment without using my PTO time. I will just have to work longer later that day or a different day to make up my time. I am on salary. I worked a lot working in the float pool, as this gave me experience in all different areas. I have worked med surg, renal, cardiac, oncology, ortho, neuro, step down, etc. This gave me a strong background in nursing, and has helped me a lot in home health. In home health, you are at a patient's home by yourself and you really have to be able to critically think, concerning the needs of the patient. Home health is like a case management job, because you take care of all of the patient's needs. You also see this patient for a longer period of time than you do in the hospital typically.
Nmmc
Administrator (Former Employee) –  MississippiApril 2, 2019
The hospital was critically short-staffed and often put patients in danger. Management is a joke. Many are short-sighted and too focused on money to uphold their motto of providing the best patient-centered care in the region. The hospital has so much potential, but employees suffer from low morale and this affects the quality of patient care. Too many times, good employees have left because of the good ole boy mentality that exists there.
Pros
Good benefits, pay
Cons
Too many to name
Productive workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 19, 2019
North Mississippi Medical put the customers first. Upon working for North Mississippi Medical I learned how to work and get the job done in a timely time frame.
former employee
xray technologist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 11, 2019
You do not have room to grow with new management if you were already an employee at the hospital before 3-5 yrs ago. New management is from Baptist network. They only move other Baptist employees to management positions. The old management encouraged employees to advance and helped employees pay to go back to school for better options. No opportunities to cross train in other areas even if you are qualified. Use to be a great place. Bonus was taken away and not even able to get 40 hours a week. The business is there but still make you leave early.
Pros
insurance is great, patient care the best part
Cons
no chance for growth.
Awesome Wokplace
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 22, 2019
I loved this place it was a great work environment. they loved helping their employees, I learned how to work with different people from different places. The Manger was an awesome person to work for and always made work enjoyable.
poor working environment
RN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MS 39744February 11, 2019
I worked in the long term care unit and staff nurse in the hospital. Very stressful environment all the time. I was only part-time/PRN but was called every day to work because they never had enough full time staff.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
short breaks, harrassment
Environment that can be very demanding and fast paced
Staff Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 15, 2019
Begins with a huddle and all the new things to be reported that need to be added for you to do. It is very fast paced and not enough time to do all you need to do. Learned many new tests and preps for them. Some management is willing to learn what you do and some is not. Getting yelled at on the phone. Getting to help others.
Pros
Any needed injections free. Retirement savings match
Cons
People are promoted who will do things their way.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 10, 2018
I volunteered here several summers. The staff is helpful and educated. They were a joy to work with and I loved my time spent here. I was able to leave with s better understanding if the healthcare environment.
Awesome place of work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iuka, MSNovember 27, 2018
Coming from MRHC to NMHS was totally different. They actually care about the employees here at NMHS! North Mississippi is a wonderful place to work for.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long drive
No room for growth
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 30, 2018
No room for growth. But the pay and benefits are good. If your content being where you started till you retire it’s a great job. Always something new to learn cause it is healthcare. Personal Time, vacation time, and sick time are earned either bi-weekly or accrues yearly. The only benefit that lacks a little was our pharmacy benefit.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No room for growth, Rx benefit
Unimpressed
Director of Hospitalist Services (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 5, 2018
For the size of the organization, you would expect more... Leadership is a Nursing culture so if you are not an RN, you have no influence. Very disconnected from reality.
Awesome people to work with.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  TupeloSeptember 30, 2018
This hospital has an amazing staff and friendly doctors. It is a very rewarding place to work that has many different opportunities to advance and improve your knowledge.
Benefits
Cons
Not much down time.
Lower level leadership is compassionates
Critical Care Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 25, 2018
Higher level admin is disconnected. The dropped bonuses and hired travel staff. This hurt dedicated bedside staffing. They dropped Christmas bonuses as well
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSSeptember 24, 2018
first year student in 1999. easy "burn out" . facility busy and short staffed. worked nights and would work alone with no assistance. Had no management assistance
Pros
good peo[le
Okay Place to Work, but management is overbearing
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 20, 2018
Okay, but management is overbearing. Management does not allow middle level management to do their jobs, there is no support from upper-level management. Will ask you to work extreme amount of overtime
Enjoyed every year that I worked for this hospital
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 13, 2018
5 stars hands down. You will have issues but that's with every job. When I decided to leave NMHS I felt like i was leaving my family. I still miss them.
Great learning imenviroment in a large hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 29, 2018
North Mississippi Medical Center is a great hospital to begin your career. It is large, & you will use a wide variety of treatment modalities. It is an outstanding teaching hospital.
Pros
Education opportunity
Cons
Heavy work loads
Hours not guaranteed
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 26, 2018
Good place to work, but hard to get enough hours in to support my family.
Sometimes the workload is too much and you are responsible for to many patients at one time.
Great Benefits
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  MississippiAugust 21, 2018
I am happy with the position itself, and the benefits are very good. Management is more concerned with the profit rather than the employees. Scheduling is such that if you have to work every other weekend, you end up working 7-9 days straight - half in one week, half in another so that there isn't any overtime accrued, but yet the employee is still working "overtime".
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No breaks, poor management, not concerned about employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTH MISSISSIPPI HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

NORTH MISSISSIPPI HEALTH SERVICES Reviews by Location